[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone know how often is cash shop transfer event

JointJoint
Reactions: 1,205
edited November 2017 in General Chat
Just curious if there might be one coming up soon or not? Stupid me got a death scythe on the wrong character and would like to transfer that over. From google the last one i saw was in August . So i guess Nexon just recently had one so are these events really rare or happen every few months or is there no set timeframe?

Comments

• SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    Normally Once or Twice a year.

IIRC, 1 near the 3rd or 4th month of the year and one near the 8th-9th month. I think this is more or less the formula from what I remember. I might be off by a few Weeks. We just had one a few months back so I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything between Cadena/Illium release. However, I also wouldn't knock it out as being impossible, just highly doubtful.
  • JointJoint
    edited November 2017
    Normally Once or Twice a year.

IIRC, 1 near the 3rd or 4th month of the year and one near the 8th-9th month. I think this is more or less the formula from what I remember. I might be off by a few Weeks. We just had one a few months back so I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything between Cadena/Illium release. However, I also wouldn't knock it out as being impossible, just highly doubtful.

Oh damn that sucks. I guess ill prob just sell the thing then if its going be 6+months wait. Thank you for reply though. Would be nice though if they allowed us to transfer it through the auction house. Seeing as we can cancel items take them. Other items besides cash shop items work so not sure why they don't allow this. Maybe it can be some kind of exploit? Idk just seems dumb they allow it on other non cash items but dont allow us to do that with cash items.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    If it's still tradeable you can get a friend to help you transfer it to your desired character.
    Give the scythe to the friend, then relog, and take the scythe back on the right character.
    (Obviously, you should only do this if you have a friend you trust with an item that expensive.)
    SpiritFoxGaming
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    I'd go with AKradian's Idea, You probably don't trust some random fk like me but I'd do it if you wanted me to. I might have to create a character in that world as a noob though because I mainly play Reboot and Bera, Otherwise, you could just find a friend you trust to do it. If you actually like the item I wouldn't sell it though either way, I'd just use it on that character for the time being or leave it until a Cash Transfer. Like I said, doubt one will happen anytime soon but you never know, A lot of players have been asking for once due to Cadena/Illium Release coming soon so nothing is impossible.
  • JointJoint
    edited November 2017
    I'd go with AKradian's Idea, You probably don't trust some random fk like me but I'd do it if you wanted me to. I might have to create a character in that world as a noob though because I mainly play Reboot and Bera, Otherwise, you could just find a friend you trust to do it. If you actually like the item I wouldn't sell it though either way, I'd just use it on that character for the time being or leave it until a Cash Transfer. Like I said, doubt one will happen anytime soon but you never know, A lot of players have been asking for once due to Cadena/Illium Release coming soon so nothing is impossible.

Thanks for the offer! I am basically new since I just came back from a very long break. I started to play in Bera since mybckn is dead now. Anyways though like you said I don't really trust anyone yet and haven't made any friends in Bera right now to do big trades like that. I figured out a way though to get it over to my nova character for easy trade though. I just set up a shop for max mesos on a random ch and bought it on my AB. Luckily the black Friday shops are cheap. Lost 300m but oh well to me it was the safest way to go about it. Thank you for the offer to help. Glad to know some good people still exist.

btw I presume since Cadena is Nova she should be able to trade with AB and Kaiser correct? Or they have seperate cash shops?
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I was wondering the same thing. I have some cash items on my main.
    I'm guessing this event allows cash shop items to transfer to any job?
  • JointJoint
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing. I have some cash items on my main.
    I'm guessing this event allows cash shop items to transfer to any job?

When they have the event again then yes you can transfer to any job. Right now no event so you either need to get a trusted friend to transfer it over for you, or do what I did and just buy a shop and sell it to another of your chars. It's risky though so if you choose do that i recommend it on a random ch and fm room. Of course that only goes for NX that you haven't equipped yet. If it's already equipped then you need to wait for an event to allow you to transfer it over.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2017
    CS inv should be account wide, seriously.
    SherriseulgiShiraBliss_real
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    Jacaru wrote: »

:T I just wish I could transfer some stuff over to Reboot. I'm never gonna play Renegades ever again...soooo...
  • JointJoint
    edited November 2017

I agree with you 100% on that. Not sure why the company has to be that greedy that won't even allow us to share cs equips through out the account.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Joint wrote: »

I agree with you 100% on that. Not sure why the company has to be that greedy that won't even allow us to share cs equips through out the account.

Agreed, takes a whole new level of greed for a company to do this.