[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Holy smokes! (positive feedback)

JacaruJacaru
Reactions: 1,265
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27001/scheduled-minor-patch-december-7-2017

"Some Cadena skills (Summon Brick, Summon Daggers, Summon Shotgun) will be fixed to be usable on the ground. The text for these skills will be updated in a future game update."
"Nova Sugar Boxes that disappeared without giving any items will be replaced. We are also granting extra Nova Coins (x20) as compensation. Click the gift box icon on the left side of the game window before 11:59 PM on December 21, 2017 (UTC) to claim your items. The boxes expire 11:59 PM on December 27, 2017 (UTC) after being claimed. The coins expire 7 days after they are claimed."

I can't wait! And this is unexpected.
Thumbs up for Nexon NA this time!
You made my day!
Sherri

Comments

• Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited December 2017
    "unexpected"
    It's not like they could've skipped this patch. It makes Cadena pretty much a chore to play. It was mandatory.
    It's like congratulating a child for making his homework. Yeah...it works but...he kinda HAD to do it, you know?
    Same for the next one.
    All i see is 90% texts/dialogues changes...mkay.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2017
    Hooray for making an already easy-to-play class even more brain dead to play. This is just like changing Jett's Starfall to 0 cooldown so everyone could play the class since it was too complicated for their brain to handle.

Hooray for fixing a class that had broken skills.
    But I know, you're just a salty troll who's mad because they "nerfed" one single skill that was overpowered and just hasn't been able to cope with that fact for months now.
    And easy to play? Have you actually tried bossing with Cadena? No, of course you haven't..
    Lilyflower
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2017
    Hooray for making an already easy-to-play class even more brain dead to play. This is just like changing Jett's Starfall to 0 cooldown so everyone could play the class since it was too complicated for their brain to handle.

Look, this is how cadena was originally meant to be played. The class design in korea didn't include using jump key for the gameplay...
    And this way, there is more room to use the chain chase thing. So playing the class won't exactly be easier either.
    You have been now corrected, quit saying otherwise, unless you want to make people annoyed knowingly - wich, by the way, can also be done at 4chan.
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    "unexpected"
    It's not like they could've skipped this patch. It makes Cadena pretty much a chore to play. It was mandatory.
    It's like congratulating a child for making his homework. Yeah...it works but...he kinda HAD to do it, you know?
    Same for the next one.
    All i see is 90% texts/dialogues changes...mkay.

At least they didn't postpone this for 2 months or anything :)
    Fast fix is a good fix. That's the kind of thing all of us want to see more often!
    Lilyflower
  • clockworkmachinaclockworkmachina
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2017
    awesome they're fixing cadena's skills. BUT, what about her weapon drops? I also see they're stopping the dropping of illium's weapons hopefully they don't forget to turn his weapon drops back on when he releases.
    Sherri
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    Yaaaaaay! :D
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I hope they can still be used in the air though, along with on the ground.
    Something about using Summon Brick in the air and slamming it down upon enemies is super fun.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    I hope they can still be used in the air though, along with on the ground.
    Something about using Summon Brick in the air and slamming it down upon enemies is super fun.

you can, I actually prefer the skills in the air.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    It really does feel smoother to play now that you can use the skills on the ground now. Though Cadena's just not quite what I look for in a character. Maybe it's all thecooldown management. I like classes that have a couple spammable, but viable skills.
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited December 2017
    Cadena was very easy before this fix. I'm glad they implemented it I guess, but it was not an essential change! =o
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    awesome they're fixing cadena's skills. BUT, what about her weapon drops? I also see they're stopping the dropping of illium's weapons hopefully they don't forget to turn his weapon drops back on when he releases.
    Unscheduled Maintenance - December 8, 2017
    Cadena weapons will now drop from monsters.

Oh sure. Now you did it. Couldn't you have done this yesterday so that the burning fields wouldn't have been extinguished?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    Unscheduled Maintenance - December 8, 2017
    Cadena weapons will now drop from monsters.

Oh sure. Now you did it. Couldn't you have done this yesterday so that the burning fields wouldn't have been extinguished?

They weren't able to figure out the fix in time for the maint yesterday. I personally would rather them do it now, than them doing it next week.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2017
    I also enjoy these adjustments :D