[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we update protection scrolls?

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think protection scrolls and their superior equivalent should be updated to have separate rules for "scrolling" and "enhancing." I define these terms below.

Scroll - anything that will consume an upgrade slot (or modify potential if there's any booming potential scrolls left). Ex. prime scrolls, dark scrolls, epots with boom chance, bpots with boom chance.

Enhancement - anything that will increase stars.

Currently protection scrolls and superior-type protection scrolls will only work up to a certain star value. They also stop working when an item is fully starred. Ex. if an item such a branch nose can only have 5 stars the protection no longer works at 5 stars.

My motivation for this suggestion is that I believe you should not have to be punished for enhancing an item to 15 stars after transposing but there are other applications for a protection scroll update. For example, a player might star an item to full such as a lightning god ring and expect to still be able to prime scroll it only to find that protections do not work at 8 stars because the item is fully starred despite the protection scroll claiming it will work up to 12.

Below is an example of what a player can do to "reset" an item that hits 15 stars in order to use protection scrolls:

unknown.png

While this method will work to remove all the stars off your item it comes at a great cost: your main and bonus potential are reset to epic/epic. All to prime scroll 3 slots...

Even worse, this method won't work at all if you clean slated your equip before knowing about this. If there are any free slots on the 'left side' item in the transfer hammer interface it will force you to select 100% traces and apply those.

It seems ridiculous to have to go through these hoops when using protections above 12 stars for SCROLLING. There should not be anything game breaking about being able to protect scrolling at any starforce level. I can understand the restriction for enhancement but I believe these should be de-coupled.

Alternatively we could just removing the boom chance from primes, or make a new scroll like prime but without the boom chance. Maybe a "special 9th anniversary prime" with lower chance to pass but 0% boom chance.
Its2Sharp4U

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    the scrolling system was not created around prime scrolls, and the boom rate is there to add "risk" even though you can bypass that risk with NX.

I do agree that they should separate the star amount from the ability of the scroll to function for regular scrolling, like "Will not protect for star enhancement beyond 12 stars" but it still work for reg scrolling, this is something that i can see becoming more of a problem in the future in the Ark Update where the Ark innocent scrolls are added.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited December 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    the scrolling system was not created around prime scrolls, and the boom rate is there to add "risk" even though you can bypass that risk with NX.

I do agree that they should separate the star amount from the ability of the scroll to function for regular scrolling, like "Will not protect for star enhancement beyond 12 stars" but it still work for reg scrolling, this is something that i can see becoming more of a problem in the future in the Ark Update where the Ark innocent scrolls are added.

Here is the thing with Ark Innocence Scroll and transposed SW gears. I am pretty sure it will only keep the stats from stars you normally gain on normal gear, so I feel like the stats and attack from stars of Tyrant will be gone too.

So if you want to Ark Inno that, make sure to do it before transposing.