[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Announcement] Regarding Kanna's Haku's Blessing

Comments

• TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited May 2018
    For example, I personally have 30% mATT on my Honor Roll Emblem. And there is NO WAY in hell I am rerolling that JUST to get IED. and even with 40% IED and 2L of mATT. I don't think I could get over 93% IED. It's just upsetting that we lose an easy source of IED solely because Haku can't apply IED/BD. It's suppose to be our secondary weapon. He has no reason to NOT be able to apply IED/BD
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    edited May 2018
    This is an issue with every Class that one must figure out! yet you get a Kanna doing it and its 'confusing for beginners' role IED on ur weapon or ur IA if its that much an issue and theres 2 legion @6% each as well as the lumi link (20%) and Crusader Codex x4 (mu lang 15%, Leafre 30%, Silent 15%, Hoblin 15%) and the other legion bonus.........AND hyper skills.........how cant you reach 90% without Haku?

Lazy.....

She dosent need to be fixed everyone has lots of fun exploiting Kanna as a class anyways.

You exploited her M.att buff which made it so the devs had to change it.

I hope the same goes for Kishin! I'm so tired of 1k+ reddit posts stating "you need a Kanna Kishin Mule PC to level or farm you main account"
    this is what needs to be addressed by the Devs - not Haku buff so you can do more solo on reboot.

Kanna Kishin on an alternate PC for your main is botting and should be punishable!

instead your all yelling for MORE Haku M.Att Buff Exploitation saying bring it back! id use it as a solo! well too bad for all of you then because no matter what they do you Kanna's will find a way to exploit it like everything else.

You also seem like you don't have a Kanna to play with. I hope your class gets nerfed into the ground without any compensation. :))
  • WizardBAMWizardBAM
    Reactions: 200
    I play a Kanna main as well, and I hope that Maplestory reverts back to the old Haku buff, but as a self buff. Please make changes Maplestory!!!! :(
    Deeply saddened as I have been waiting months to see a change.
  • robtbsrobtbs
    Reactions: 440
    edited May 2018
    party play?.. lol

party play is dead
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Would love to see an update, we have had almost a 1/2 year of no updates and with Ark comming up next month it would have been a perfect time to squeeze in a balancing patch for the exclusive classes cause outside Kanna, Jett and Beast Tamer really need to be fixed still as well. I don't count pure events and anniversary patches as a proper update this is just filler and doesn't add or balance any current content.

Like to add to it that Buccanneer sitll does 3x as much damage as a Kanna, Jett or Beast Tamer with similar stats. Doesn't sound balanced to me especially considering that this game only considers DPS roles and tanking, support or any other role common in MMORPG's are not required to clear any boss at all. So therefore each class on it own need to be balanced in such a way that their DPS is similar to clear all contents of the game. This includes Lacheiln Clocktower, where DPS is required to reach a higher floor to gain more Arcane Symbol, there is no metric in this solo content in the game to compensate classes with lower DPS at all. Therefore the only solution would be to make all classes equal in DPS. Same goes for the daily for Arcane symbols in Arcana, although in this case mobility is the main priority and some classes just lack the mobility to be able to complete this daily succesfully. Not really an equal footing if you ask me. Why not make content in such a way that all classes are able to do it in somehow equal way or if you wanna keep the current way introduce at least several possible alternative ways to get the same outcome, in this case Arcane Symbols of a specific area like Arcana.
    VenrousJapanFoxArgentTsundereKyu
  • EbontribeEbontribe
    Reactions: 425
    edited May 2018
    Yonax wrote: »
    Like to add to it that Buccanneer sitll does 3x as much damage as a Kanna, Jett or Beast Tamer with similar stats. Doesn't sound balanced to me especially considering that this game only considers DPS roles and tanking, support or any other role common in MMORPG's are not required to clear any boss at all. So therefore each class on it own need to be balanced in such a way that their DPS is similar to clear all contents of the game. This includes Lacheiln Clocktower, where DPS is required to reach a higher floor to gain more Arcane Symbol, there is no metric in this solo content in the game to compensate classes with lower DPS at all. Therefore the only solution would be to make all classes equal in DPS. Same goes for the daily for Arcane symbols in Arcana, although in this case mobility is the main priority and some classes just lack the mobility to be able to complete this daily succesfully. Not really an equal footing if you ask me. Why not make content in such a way that all classes are able to do it in somehow equal way or if you wanna keep the current way introduce at least several possible alternative ways to get the same outcome, in this case Arcane Symbols of a specific area like Arcana.

So now your asking for a DPS buff to all classes under position 25 in the DPM meters? As well as more ways to obtain Arcane Symbols............
    Kannas are a support DPS just like Illium and Bishop so please get over it.

Again I also state Kanna is used on a 2nd PC for a mule account for sole purpose of KIshin'ing (BOTTING) your main's farming area 24/7 as well as suicide meso farming.

In this state I feel the dev's dont need to touch her at all aside from stopping with the exploitation of this class on every level. This is how Haku nerf came to be in the first place and dosent need to be 'fixed' for more exploitation.

So please just let this topic die finally, they have 0 intention of changing it and 0 ways to change it considering this is GMS forums and Kanna is a JMS class (that part i could be wrong on but im failry sure.)
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    edited May 2018
    Ebontribe wrote: »
    So now your asking for a DPS buff to all classes under position 25 in the DPM meters? As well as more ways to obtain Arcane Symbols............

Again I also state Kanna is used on a 2nd PC for a mule account for sole purpose of KIshin'ing (BOTTING) your main's farming area 24/7 as well as suicide meso farming.

In this state I feel the dev's dont need to touch her at all aside from stopping with the exploitation of this class on every level. This is how Haku nerf came to be in the first place and dosent need to be 'fixed' for more exploitation.

So please just let this topic die finally, they have 0 intention of changing it and 0 ways to change it considering this is GMS forums and Kanna is a JMS class (that part i could be wrong on but im failry sure.)

First off, having a 2nd is PC isn't botting because they can't prove that you're botting. It could just be a friend on their account just semi-afk while kishing the map. I hope you realize Nexon intended for Kanna to be a BOSSING CLASS prior to release. She wasn't intended to be a "support" class. Kannas lack A LOT of % Damage Ratios making getting higher floors (for me it's floor 50) in Dream Defender very difficult. Also like I stated, since Haku is unable to use %IED and %Boss Damage Lines. Kannas lost out on an item for it. A lot of people get %IED on their emblem and like I said I rolled a 30% mATT on mine and i'm not going to reroll that JUST for some extra IED. My only other options for IED is either through legion or rolling it on my main weapon and sacrificing further % mATT.

Not only this but in the Tune Up Patch Nexon said and I quote " Kanna's stats will be increased to make her more competitive and balanced with other mage classes. The fact that that was taken away it's simply disgusting

Haku's nerf came because it was a bug. It gave BOTH flat mATT and %mATT. So don't talk out of your ass. Nexon could have very simply reverted it to a self buff like it was originally, but despite community outcry like the drop rate nerf. Our voices fell on deaf ears.

So please don't tell Kanna mains to "get over it" because when your class loses 40-60% of their damage then I'm sure you'll understand how obnoxious it is to have the same stat as somebody but do less damage than them.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    edited May 2018

First off, having a 2nd is PC isn't botting because they can't prove that you're botting. It could just be a friend on their account just semi-afk while kishing the map. I hope you realize Nexon intended for Kanna to be a BOSSING CLASS prior to release. She wasn't intended to be a "support" class. Kannas lack A LOT of % Damage Ratios making getting higher floors (for me it's floor 50) in Dream Defender very difficult. Also like I stated, since Haku is unable to use %IED and %Boss Damage Lines. Kannas lost out on an item for it. A lot of people get %IED on their emblem or secondary item and like I said I rolled a 30% mATT on mine and i'm not going to reroll that JUST for some extra IED. My only other options for IED is either through legion or rolling it on my main weapon and sacrificing further % mATT.

Not only this but in the Tune Up Patch Nexon said and I quote " Kanna's stats will be increased to make her more competitive and balanced with other mage classes. The fact that that was taken away it's simply disgusting

Haku's nerf came because it was a bug. It gave BOTH flat mATT and %mATT. So don't talk out of your ass. Nexon could have very simply reverted it to a self buff like it was originally, but despite community outcry like the drop rate nerf. Our voices fell on deaf ears.

So please don't tell Kanna mains to "get over it" because when your class loses 40-60% of their damage then I'm sure you'll understand how obnoxious it is to have the same stat as somebody but do less damage than them.

• RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited June 2018
    Since additional options are coming out and they do not affect secondary weapons, the boss damage % difference between Kannas and other characters will be lowered. In other words, every person who had boss damage % nebulites and other good ones will get a slight nerf at the start of the patch on June 20th.
  • ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited June 2018

What you are stating here:
    1. Class shall fit the position they are given and shall not infringe on the positions of other classes.
    2. If you you use an alternative computer to take advantage of Kishin, you are (BOTTING) .
    3. You are stating that that Nexon nerfed Haku for the single reason that the buff is used solely for exploitation purposes.
    4. You are emphasizing that they will not and cannot change Kanna.
    5. You believe that JMS can be the only one to make changes to Kanna since she is a JMS class.

So much misinformation, but here's some more accurate information:
    1. Maplestory is not solely party play. Now it is especially true due to all these changes that makes most class able to stand on their own.
    What you are stating is that:
    -DPS class should be able to DPS and be squishy to the extend that you have to avoid a decent amount of attacks.
    -TANK classes should be tankier than other class and should not be able to out DPS any DPS class.
    -Support class should be able to support and neither out tank nor out DPS.
    Well that fact is, we know that this isn't fully true, and that Nexon will not do anything about it.
    2. Read the definition of BOT please. That should be simple enough. If you still don't understand it, p-e-o-p-l-e can take time to click a single key.
    FYI, if you can't do it... well, everyone isn't you. Furthermore, it isn't against the TOS to use a second computer anymore.
    3. They did not nerf Haku buff for the sole reason that it was being exploited. Another reason they stated was the it discouraged party play with physical classes. I pulled that one off somehow.
    4. ...They already have a few things different from JMS. Like Kishin not being nerfed to the ground that you seemed to like so much. If other servers except JMS can change Kanna class, why can't we? Who knows, we might already have implemented some changes that other servers didn't implement first. I'm pretty sure there are other things that you can research yourself.
    5. Oh... guess I answered that on #4.

Props for the attempt.
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    Reactions: 460
    edited June 2018
    So I've attempted to do Hard Magnus with a friend, who is a luminous (aka another mage class), with very similar stats all around. Assuming that Hard Magnus has 120b hp based on the wikis. I've only dealt slightly less than 1/4 hp to it, based on my battle analysis calculations. It may not be a good comparison in general, but for rebalancing, it should not be this heavily underweighted where all the other mage classes are just significantly better than Kanna on it's own.
  • EbontribeEbontribe
    Reactions: 425
    edited June 2018
    Kanna is a SUPPORT DMG Stop complaining and make a different class!

I cant make anything else cause i have spent too much time using KIshin and farming Meso so now im going to just sit here and complain for like 2 years about Kanna cause im a little butt hurt kanna abuser!

Kanna is just some dumb meso exploting hacking class tbh and ill be glad when they nerf the meso drops from bye bye like they said they are doing as well - Nexon agrees 1bil in an hour on a kanna is an abuse of the system! and that Kanna Kishin Mule accounts are in fact punishable by bans!

You can say no all you want but when it comes to it YES YOU CAN BE BANNED FOR EXPLOITING THE 'SUICIDE KANNA' TECHNIQUE AND SHOULD BE!

Finally - if Kanna gets a buff i want all classes to be buffed to be fair to the player base! all Classes MUST do the SAME damage! I mean thats basically what all the Kannas are asking for anyways so...

BUFF SHADE!

• RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited June 2018

I cant make anything else cause i have spent too much time using KIshin and farming Meso so now im going to just sit here and complain for like 2 years about Kanna cause im a little butt hurt kanna abuser!

Kanna is just some dumb meso exploting hacking class tbh and ill be glad when they nerf the meso drops from bye bye like they said they are doing as well - Nexon agrees 1bil in an hour on a kanna is an abuse of the system! and that Kanna Kishin Mule accounts are in fact punishable by bans!

You can say no all you want but when it comes to it YES YOU CAN BE BANNED FOR EXPLOITING THE 'SUICIDE KANNA' TECHNIQUE AND SHOULD BE!

Finally - if Kanna gets a buff i want all classes to be buffed to be fair to the player base! all Classes MUST do the SAME damage! I mean thats basically what all the Kannas are asking for anyways so...

BUFF SHADE!

Balancing Kanna based on the fact that the class has kishin and "Support damage" is much like balancing Shade because they got a 0 second cooldown back step that can be used during your main attack skills for immediate evasion. The fact that developers think some character's damage should be massively lower than some mid-tier or top-tier DPS dealers just because of a few strengths is pretty much a con-job.
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited June 2018
    Did a Kanna murder your family? You're spouting complete and utter nonsense that you clearly have no idea what you're even talking about other than ranting and being angry for the sake of it.
    Tell that to Bishop

1bil an hour is straight up impossible outside of 2x events, and even then, people are getting way more per hour on other classes that aren't Kanna.

Already proven you can't be banned for doing "Sudoku Kanna"

BUFF SHADE!
    Stop complaining and make a different class!
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    Well, the Ark patch notes are live and unfortunately, our hopes for Kanna getting any sort of love from the developers is once again dashed. It has been 8 whole months since this debacle and we have received no word from Nexon. There's still plenty of chatter on Discord about Kanna's state of imbalance but getting @Arwoo or another Nexon employee to chime in to even acknowledge the issue is like pulling teeth.

The Black update is another 5-6 months away and at that point, someone should at least have looked at the class by then but I don't have high hopes considering Nexon's track record here.

These updates should be exciting, but instead, I'm left disappointed.
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018

BUFF SHADE!

So, I presume you're just posting nonsensical things because you're upset about this entire class which in all honesty, needs more love? Stop spreading misinformation like 'suicide kannas are bannable' and 'kishin mules accounts are bannable' btw. People in Reboot has been doing the suicide kanna strat with no issues for at least 6 months now and there's nothing in the ToS saying anything about multiple accounts breaking them. Just stop lmao.

As someone who mains bishop, I/L and kanna, kannas are definitely not doing well in terms of damage compared to even bishop (support dps btw haHAA) especially considering that kannas have hardly anything to increase party survivability (only damage) and their main skill has a vastly inferior range. They do need some buffs, if not through haku's blessing, through things like increasing dmg%/lines/attack range. All this not considering the amount of bugs they tend to get as a non-KMS class (random tengu strike bug out of nowhere, anyone?).
    ArgentPuppyMangoTroll4UZakumwep
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited June 2018
    Why can't some people understand and accept the fact that there exists a maple player who main kanna simply because she/he likes the class and its nothing to do with botting? :(
    Jollipop
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    Arwoo wrote: »
    After much discussion and communication, the decision was made that we will be making the change to Haku's Blessing's magic damage buff formula. Currently, Haku's Blessing provides a significant increase to only magic attack based on the attack power of her fans. Rather than encouraging party play, Maplers felt that Haku's Blessing discouraged Kanna from partying with physical based jobs.

This feedback can be seen here:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14194/hakus-blessing-is-unresonable
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/4528/kanna-and-party-buffs

It was made clear to us that this buff was too powerful and making it a party buff for other mage classes to abuse was for the lack of better words, broken.

When the original intention of the change to Haku's Blessing was first introduced to the community, the feedback was overall negative. It was communicated to us by our community, that what made Kanna a competitive class, was the fact that the class made already powerful mages even stronger with Haku's Blessing.

This feedback can be seen here:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/55865/#Comment_55865
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/15605/regarding-changes-to-kanna#latest
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6zg5g2/kanna_is_like_a_tricycle_rider/

However, the decision to adjust Haku's Blessing formula was made after much review of the community feedback and discussions from our game teams. Ultimately, we will continue to review the state of Kanna after this change is made. Haku's Blessing's formula will be changed from multiplicative into a flat magic attack buff based on the magic attack modifier on Kanna's fans for every member in the party on 10/18/2017.

We will be sure to monitor all points pertaining to Kanna's performance in-game in conjunction with the community's feedback for additional discussions regarding the class' balance in the future.

kanna"s haku blessing can boost both of wep& mag att , its just since

1- its automatic

2-limited duration 4x seconds

3-very short ranged

players don't like kanna's buff much .
  • Holas2Holas2
    Reactions: 860
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Hello, any news? lol
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2018
    News is Nexon doesn't want to talk about it and would rather we all just be complacent and forget it ever happened.