[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Leaf City Related bugs

ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
Reactions: 1,975
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
Two things.
1. New Leaf City areas are incapable of spawning Elite Mobs/Bosses.
2. New Leaf City is missing the Alien Base quest line.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Is the character you tried to spawn elites with, in level range of the mobs in the map?
    Which map were you trying in?

What class and level is the character missing the Alien Base questline? Did they start it and then it disappeared, or did they never get the "Mayor of Disaster" quest?

Please follow the Bug Reporting Guidelines to make it easier for us (and for Nexon) to understand what the issue is, exactly.
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    edited July 2018
    1. I used a Darkness Rune in both MesoGears - Deity Room and Phantom Forest - Creeping Evil. Regardless of level, elites should spawn when the rune is consumed. Although it is still possible that Nexon have yet to add elites to New Leaf City areas, because of it being a non-KMS area. I use the term non-KMS for places that Global uniquely has that are not comparable with KMS, like Singapore, Malaysia, and New Leaf City. It's become common knowledge that Singapore and Malaysia locations are able to spawn elites, although I cannot recall when those locations were patched. Nevertheless, we have two out of the three that are capable of spawning elites.
    2. My character is a level 193 Paladin. To clarify, what I meant by missing, I meant that the NPC who offers the questline is incapable of listing anything related to the Alien Base questline. My character has finished the questline, but revisiting the NPC to indulge in further quests (Repeatable) is impossible because the list is missing, even though it shows up in my completed quests log.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    1. I used a Darkness Rune in both MesoGears - Deity Room and Phantom Forest - Creeping Evil. Regardless of level, elites should spawn when the rune is consumed. Although it is still possible that Nexon have yet to add elites to New Leaf City areas, because of it being a non-KMS area. I use the term non-KMS for places that Global uniquely has that are not comparable with KMS, like Singapore, Malaysia, and New Leaf City. It's become common knowledge that Singapore and Malaysia locations are able to spawn elites, although I cannot recall when those locations were patched. Nevertheless, we have two out of the three that are capable of spawning elites.

The Update Notes do not promise that such mobs will spawn in all maps.
    Elite Monsters will now spawn in some maps (Malaysia, Singapore, Momijigaoka, and Twisted Aqua Road).
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/31834/v-196-ark-patch-notes
    I will bring up the fact that all field maps should behave in a consistent manner, to Nexon.

2. My character is a level 193 Paladin. To clarify, what I meant by missing, I meant that the NPC who offers the questline is incapable of listing anything related to the Alien Base questline. My character has finished the questline, but revisiting the NPC to indulge in further quests (Repeatable) is impossible because the list is missing, even though it shows up in my completed quests log.

As far as I can recall, the repeatable quest(s) were for earning Alien Coins. That part was removed from the game, intentionally, in v196.
    Maple Memo wrote:
    On June 20, we will remove all methods to obtain Alien Coins, Nebulites, Nebulite Boxes, and other Nebulite related items from the game.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//31604/
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for clearing that all up. Quick question. If the repeatable quests were removed, then how are we to get Alien Coins for Pico's updated shop?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for clearing that all up. Quick question. If the repeatable quests were removed, then how are we to get Alien Coins for Pico's updated shop?

We aren't.
    The shop was updated to allow people to use their old Alien Coins. But as I quoted above, all methods to obtain more such coins have been removed.
    edited July 2018
    Okay, thanks again for your help. :)