[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Captain Vaga's Pain and Suffering

EvenarkEvenark
Reactions: 100
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Basically after Third Striker rank, it has become extremely tedious to progress.
There are three modes to earn Promotion Points, Defend, Destroy Egg, Kill Boss.

1. Defend
-Increase tower hp
-Nerf/remove Red Charger Bugs!
---They deal way too much damage and are annoying to deal with
---Getting charged render you unable to attack for 1 second, which is devastating.
Update: Good luck staying alive at Second Striker........It has become impossible to win

2. Destroy Egg
-Captain Vaga CANNOT JUMP
---His short vertical jump makes going to upper level of the cave very frustrating
-Traversing the map for possible 4~ mission location is not fun
-Very little Promotion Points
---unless you use up the entire timer killing bugs, however most of the time is spent traversing the cave
---Please consider adding bonus/flat Promotion Points to this mission

3. Kill Boss
-Boss has too much hp
-Since Promotion Points are scale with kills, its basically not worth doing considering the time and energy it takes

At this moment, the best way to earn Promotion Points efficiently is to do Defend Missions. Even with optimal setup(Flame thrower, minigun, auto turret), you are still very likely to fail with bad rng(multiple mass bug spawns). Destroy Egg Mission only gives measly 40~100 points. And I just skip the Boss Missions whenever I'm in one. Ah the pain.

If not for the story or the chair...
Please consider adjusting the difficulty, Thanks!

Comments

• MercedesuMercedesu
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2018
    as for the destroy egg mission, you could just go find a sweetspot on the ground and hunt the bugs that spawns, i believe it will earn you lotta kills, even more than defend, but it's way more risky as multiple bugs spawn immidiately when you kill one of then, soon it will be full of red bugs and you wouldnt be able to do anything, then you can try a orbital bombardment, but during the call time if you go underground it will be cancelled and it will go on cooldown. which makes no sense to me what so ever, i even lost minigun like that once
  • EvenarkEvenark
    edited July 2018
    Later on, its just flamethrower + minigun. You die super fast because of the red soldier bug and red flying bug...
  • SlayerKev2SlayerKev2
    Reactions: 620
    edited July 2018
    Why is nobody else mentioning this
  • HaconeHacone
    edited July 2018
    I went up with many difficulties to Second Striker and now I can not earn more points.
    Destroy Egg the only one of the three that if I can win and get reasonable points now does not give me more points, Is it an error or what?

I made this event only for the chair obviously, but I stopped a very poorly obtimized event.
    I hope they can fix it before it ends, because we do not even know when it will happen.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I'm all for removing or nerfing the red bugs. Like get rid of that super knockback stun mechanic or slow them down. It just allows you to be knocked around helplessly and there's like 8 of them constantly attacking depending on how many spawn. Defend missions were my favorite until the red bugs came and now I can only clear it like 2 times and that's if I get lucky.

Also, is the boss bug mission glitched? Are bugs supposed to spawn while fighting it? I noticed that sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I was doing it earlier and when it spawned, coming onto the screen, it just walked back off the screen and never came back, so I had to leave resulting in a loss and using up a turn. (I waited around for it to the point where I knew it'd be impossible to kill it in time, 1 minute left). From my experience the missions always seem skewed towards the boss bug mission to where I seem to get it like 90% of the time. The boss takes way too long to spawn and in the time until it does I get swarmed with red bugs. Does anyone know if it spawns at a certain time? If this event comes back in the future (I don't think this is permanent content), I would like to have a function where you can choose the missions you go on. (Like when you rank high enough, you get to choose what missions to take.)

The drop rate for the sample missions should also be increased as well. I'm stuck in the part where Miro prevents you from getting promotion points and so far, I haven't been able to get any soldier bug samples out of 20 runs, I only got maybe 2 or 3. This makes the missions not even worth doing because all you're doing at this stage is just farming for drops with low drop rate and it really hinders progression.