[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What do you remember the most about Maple?

NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
Reactions: 1,240
edited September 2018 in General Chat
No matter if you started playing recently or long ago.

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited September 2018
    By far, would have to be the music.

Just the way some soundtracks are able to perfectly capture the mood or essence of nostalgia while venturing in some areas.

Slime tree’s “Missing You”, Ludi clocktower’s “Where Ever You Are”, and Lith Harbor’s “Above the Treetops” are all solid examples.

NECORD has done some great work in producing memorable tracks such as Mechanical Hearts’ “Primrose”, and Asteria’s “Dream Fragments”
    YinYangX
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited September 2018
    The sense of adventure. Back then people didn't take the the game's world for granted, there weren't no point-and-click teleport rocks. You truly felt immersed when traveling the world or exploring new areas. But that's partly because most of us were so young and imaginative then.
    YinYangX
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited September 2018
    Getting lost. Once I got lost in Henesys for a while, then in Ludiburum.
    Fun times.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Hmm, for me, it's probably the original spirit followers for the Cygnus Knights. =L
    Still miss my Umbra following me around. ;;
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited September 2018
    Monster Carnival. It's always intense to see who will summon Rombot first with weapon/magic cancel debuff.
    YinYangX
  • anubis421anubis421
    Reactions: 710
    edited September 2018

The hackers of course, they've always been there... 10 years ago, 9 years ago, 8 years ago... and so on... and yet, not a single solution to this problem...? how is that even possible?
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited September 2018
    Interestingly themed areas and great music.
    When getting into the Sleepywood Dungeon was time consuming and creepy.
    Overly grindy quests and minigames.
    Terrible boss battles.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2018
    Bgm's are definitely one of the big things that stick with me. One thing that also stands out to me is slower-paced style of gameplay that old maple had.
    R.I.P Hands stat.
    SlicedTimescholar624
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    anubis421 wrote: »

The hackers of course, they've always been there... 10 years ago, 9 years ago, 8 years ago... and so on... and yet, not a single solution to this problem...? how is that even possible?

cmon man, don't be that guy, these people are feeling nostalgic, don't ruin their vibes.

To the OP; What I remember the most was Guild PQ, everyone had their roles, the level 30> noob that was bait, (for us) the shadower meso exploding Murgoth/Ergoth, I think it was Ergoth, and then everyone claiming one platform for the reward stage. Oh, and the puzzles in the entrance and along the way.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited September 2018
    I was gonna say 'the hackers' but someone beat me to it haha.
    Also...being able to enjoy playing before nx made it pay to win
    When people used to open the robo bags from Ludi in hene and everyone would die
    mrskannax
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    Reactions: 740
    edited September 2018

theres more hackers now and its cus of evolution of technology...just like any other game buddy
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    edited September 2018
    oh its hennesys music, i stopped playing for a long time and when i came back i remember i ulmust cryed when i heard that music play, so many memories of my childhood :,D i still love this game i even got a mushroom tatted on my leg F3 hahaha
    YinYangX
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited September 2018
    I remember waking up to the original opening song. My husband at the time decided to try it out and I was so into the game that even though he had it on very low volume across the house I was right there going "what ya doing?" Scared the pants off him!!!
    mrskannaxYinYangXscholar624
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    edited September 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I remember waking up to the original opening song. My husband at the time decided to try it out and I was so into the game that even though he had it on very low volume across the house I was right there going "what ya doing?" Scared the pants off him!!!

wow ur married already :O isnt it funny that most of the players are on there 20s -40s :,D i remember i started playing when i was like 12
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited September 2018
    I'm now on my second marriage lol. Current husband played to for a short time, but then quit when the pet loot lag was really bad.
    mrskannax
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited September 2018

To the OP; What I remember the most was Guild PQ, everyone had their roles, the level 30> noob that was bait, (for us) the shadower meso exploding Murgoth/Ergoth, I think it was Ergoth, and then everyone claiming one platform for the reward stage. Oh, and the puzzles in the entrance and along the way.

Believe it or not, you can still go and do that PQ.
    edited September 2018

Believe it or not, you can still go and do that PQ.
    edited September 2018
    I guess the thing that I remember the most about MapleStory is finding out that you could run into a Crimson Balrog during a flight between Victoria Island and Orbis. Also, Balrog bag summons in Kerning City.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited September 2018
    I remember when the game was great. No guilds hacking or trying to overthrow the economy. No mods or discord existing. Nexon actually banning cheaters. The good ol days.