[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Level 140+ Equips/Where to Find Them

lyriansystemlyriansystem
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
Hi guys, rn I'm a lv. 149 Shadower in Bera. I'm trying to figure out what sets I should be using. Is Pensalir or Chaos Root Abyss better?

If Pensalir is better, I tried farming it at Yellow Goblins (Goblin House) but found nothing. The drop rates at Kerning Tower were pretty lackluster and I can't seem to progress past the first map in Temple of Time. Any suggestions?

Would also appreciate any suggestions on where to hunt 140+ daggers.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Pensalir is dropped from normal mobs around your level. They're fairly common, but you can also find a Rune of Treasure and try to collect the equipment bubbles. Utgard weapons (the Pensalir weapons) follow the same rules.

Chaos Root Abyss equips are better (considered best-in-slot), but are level 150. You also have to beat the Chaos Root Abyss bosses (which is unlikely if you don't even have Pensalir), unless you buy them from the Auction House (again, I'd hesitate to say you'd have enough mesos if you don't yet have Pensalir).

Temple of Time follows a questline to proceed to various parts of the temple. Speak to the Temple Keeper and begin the Path to the Past quest, then proceed to complete "The One Who Walks Down Memory Lane" 1-5 (kill 333 of a particular mob in the temple) and the quest Lost Memory. You'll repeat this quest again for the Road of Regrets and the Road to Oblivion (at level 155).
    YinYangX
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited September 2018
    I would hunt Bains at the map right before you get to Zakum. The drop rate for 130~140 is INSANELY high, and while you'll get a bunch of 130 stuff, you'll also get 140 stuff in a better time frame than most other places.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    I would hunt Bains at the map right before you get to Zakum. The drop rate for 130~140 is INSANELY high, and while you'll get a bunch of 130 stuff, you'll also get 140 stuff in a better time frame than most other places.

^Problem I see with this is that Bains is a starforce map and just a hunch, but my guess is op hasn't sfed any of his/her gear. (Could be wrong but that's just the feel I get if s/he is asking Pensalir vs CRA.)