[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Tera Burning Event

DragonOfLightDragonOfLight
Reactions: 315
in General Chat
In the level up faster event, it says that the Tera Burning Event will start on November. http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/37182/ Does anybody know the exact date or how to create it, because I plainly don't know how to, in regular burning events, right as you make your account, it would ask you. I don't know if this has started yet or not, but I would like to know if it has started and how to make it, or when it will start.
testll8806

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    It has not started yet.

The Tera Burning event is part of the Black Mage update. The update itself will start on November 14. We have not yet been told when Tera Burning will begin.
    Keep your eyes on the website. The Tera Burning start date might appear in the Update Highlights if we get them (usually happens about a week before the update itself). It will definitely be listed in the v200 Black Mage Update Notes, which will be posted November 14 or possibly the day before. And it will also be visible in the in-game Event tab after the November 14 game update maintenance.
    testll8806
  • daskewtdaskewt
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2018
    Do we have to make a new character for the burning event or can we use it on an existing character like previous burning events?
    testll8806
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    New character only.
    testll8806
  • theLUMItheLUMI
    Reactions: 840
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    New character only.

do you know when it is starting?
    and just to clarify, my level 10 character wont be able to except the tera burning?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2018
    theLUMI wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    New character only.

do you know when it is starting?
    and just to clarify, my level 10 character wont be able to except the tera burning?

New characters only, meaning one you create after the event begins.

As for when it begins sometime next week (after the 14th) most likely
    theLUMItestll8806
  • DragonOfLightDragonOfLight
    edited November 2018
    How many characters can you burn and when does it end?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    You can burn one character.
    We'll know its end date when we have the Update Notes.
  • daskewtdaskewt
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2018
    Does it have to be a new character or can we do it on an existing character?

edit: nevermind it has to be a new character.
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited November 2018
    No plans for Burning world like in KMS or MSEA?
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited November 2018
    DiximaN wrote: »
    No plans for Burning world like in KMS or MSEA?

They did a burning world because their most popular world were already full without the tera burning event and would have cause a commotion. Steve (x3aran59) made a video on this.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2018
    I've heard that Beast Tamer should be available later while this event is ongoing. If so, that's my clear choice to burn to 200 since that one is a whole lot of no fun to train otherwise. I think I have one in it's mid 150s already but boy it's a slow and clunky climb.
  • TaggrinTaggrin
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2018
    For those of you still wondering and haven't read the very recent patch notes, the burning starts after the very long maintenance happening right now.
  • ChaseSChaseS
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2018
    It seems as though you have to always make a new character. I know, there was an event recently that you could just burn an existing character. Why couldn't Nexon do that again? Sometimes people start a character and reach a point where that character either sucks or isn't fun to play any more, but would be helpful as a link or a legion member. I would have loved to level my beast tamer from 150 to 200 (talk about a pain to level).
  • KawaiiTenshiKawaiiTenshi
    Reactions: 505
    edited November 2018
    ChaseS wrote: »
    It seems as though you have to always make a new character. I know, there was an event recently that you could just burn an existing character. Why couldn't Nexon do that again? Sometimes people start a character and reach a point where that character either sucks or isn't fun to play any more, but would be helpful as a link or a legion member. I would have loved to level my beast tamer from 150 to 200 (talk about a pain to level).

They have done several of both this year, usually after a burning event (creation of a character in order to burn it), a burninator or mega burninator (the item that gives burning status to an already created character) follows suit, there's not a set time, but I've made most of my legion mules from these two events.
    testll8806
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited November 2018
    Sorry guys! Zeros can't feel the burn this time XD.
    testll8806
    edited November 2018
    Anybody know which 5th job quests you don't need to do to get 5th job? I hope it's not the one where you have to collect experience for the stones D;
    testll8806
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    Anybody know which 5th job quests you don't need to do to get 5th job? I hope it's not the one where you have to collect experience for the stones D;

The tera burn just lets you skip being required to finish the temple of time quest line. So you still have to collect and fill the stones. However the temple of time quests not being a requirement for tera burned characters is an easy 1-3 hours saved(depending on your class and how fast/slow you are) on the whole ordeal. Just grab the exp coupons out of the legion coin shop and you'll be fine.
    testll8806
    edited November 2018
    Wait, do you still have to fill the stones? On this website (https://aminoapps.com/c/maplestory/page/item/a-guide-to-5th-job/J83M_WNUMIPq5jozqE2Pwp0zGRW1YvNWRz), it says that all you need to do is wait. I also read it on a reddit page. I'm pretty confused D; first time 5th job!
    edited November 2018
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    You still have to fill the stones, the tera burn, as I said last night, only gets you around having to finish the temple of time quest line.

And your links are outdated information as of v196 back in June. They removed the timer from the stones, you must fill them up to progress but as soon as the stone is filled you can immediately start on the next instead of having to kill the remainder of the stone's timer thrice over. Like I said before, it's not that bad, they're affected by exp multipliers so just grab the exp coupons in the legion coin shop and you shouldn't have much issue.
This discussion has been closed.