[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Botting legion coins???

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited November 2018 in General Chat
I know it is a petty thing to be bothered by, but I really am bothered by people who somehow manage to take the top rank for the week in Legion, when they are not even on the first page of the Legion ranks on the site. How are they collecting more coins than the top accounts?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    It's based on number of coins gathered, maybe they're just collecting coins more frequently, fighting the dragon, doing dailies, stacking coins the week before, or other methods of boosting coin count.
    It does pose a good question though. Since legion coins can be used to buy level ups, with the room being instanced, how could anyone possibly report them?
    I hope Nexon is monitoring strange activity within the raid room.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    You know you can just leave your coins at max and collect them right after weekly reset, giving you a huge headstart for the week. Plus the quests and frequency of collecting coins and helping kill the dragon matters too.

Also, the difference in your characters legion power (not legion level) matters for how fast they kill the dragon and get coins. Starforce on the chars help too.
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited November 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    How are they collecting more coins than the top accounts?

It's possible that some of the 'top accounts' don't bother collecting Legion coins, or only do so every now and then as they don't care about the ranks and/or don't have a lot of use for the coins.

I probably don't have the strongest legion in my world (not sure - I don't stalk my world alliance's legion ranks), but can still make top ranks every now and then when I don't skip the daily, and check up on the dragon fight once in a while.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    That's good to know I can save them up as my legion probably sucks.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited November 2018
    yes you can bank your coins until you hit your max. My max is 700 coins that I can bank.