[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Upcoming 5th skill names - PLEASE CHANGE MECH'S!!!

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Because some of Mech's 4th job skills are required for the upcoming one, we got a preview of the skill name of the insanely powerful mech skill

And they named it..."Fire at Will".

This is a sad and pathetic skill name - even the KMS one "Full Burst" is much better than that!

I'm begging you guys to rename it, PLEASE! This is a skill with such an extremely cool look and damage that it deserves something better than a joke of a skill name.
  1. Is "Fire at Will" a very sad skill name for this skill?11 votes
    1. Yes it's quite sad.
       55% (6 votes)
    2. I kinda like it!
       45% (5 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Other skills in the class seem to be pretty "Cool robot name", "Fire at Will" doesn't really fit imo.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    Can I ask where you found out the name to be Fire at Will for GMS? Thanks!
    Ivangold
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Can I ask where you found out the name to be Fire at Will for GMS? Thanks!

I don't know if this is how they found the name, but a lot of the skills which are prereqs for the new 5th job skills mention the new skills already, for example, for Mechanic:

q9uyBnt.pngnqnPITT.png3OlRjK9.pngxmdko5R.png

Judging from the Korean version of the skills, it seems that 'Fire at Will' is the name of the new 5th job skill.

These are all the skills I can find, so I dunno if this is all of them, which have references to the new 5th job skills somewhere in their descriptions:
    Fire/Poison Archmage: Ifrit - Fury of Ifrit
    Bishop: Righteously Indignant - Peacemaker
    Corsair: Nautilus Strike - Nautilus Assault

Nightwalker: Bat Affinity III - Shadow Bite

Aran: Beyond Blade + its Hypers and Boost Nodes - Fenelle Crash
    Mercedes: Ishtar's Ring, Spirit of Elluel - The Breath of Irkalla
    Shade: Spirit Claw + its Hypers and Boost Nodes - True Spirit Claw
    Luminous: Ender - Swords of Light and Darkness

Blaster: Magnum Punch, Double Blast, Bobbing, Weaving, Hammer Smash, Muzzle Flash, Shotgun Punch - Burning Breaker
    Battle Mage: Battle Rage - Grim Harvest
    Xenon: Hypogram Field and its variations - Hypogram Field : Fusion

Kaiser: Gigas Wave + its Hypers and Boost Nodes - Draco Wave
    Cadena: Chain Arts: Trash IV - Chain Arts: Maelstrom

Kinesis: Psychic Clutch - Ultimate - Psychic Bullet

Ark: Endless Nightmare - Nightmare Escape
    FuhreakSlicedTimeYinYangX
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    I can see if those are final, but I do know that Luminous' is called Transverse Affinities and not Ender - Swords of Light and Darkness.
    Not sure if changes to names can be made but it'll be good to know if it can be.
    YinYangX
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited November 2018
    Skill names are out!
    msw-3131-181031-5th-job-skill-design-post_03.jpgmsw-3131-181031-5th-job-skill-design-post_04.jpg

Mech Cannonade... Yikes

Well, at least you don't have to worry about it being called Fire at Will.

Arwoo, you need to have a nice long talk with whoever is coming up with these skill names. :(
    We need a poll for people to rate them.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    Skill names are out!

Mech Cannonade... Yikes

Arwoo, you need to have a nice long talk with whoever is coming up with these skill names. :(

My personal favourite is Special Monkey Sidekick lolllll. And it's odd they would have translated skill names in the skill descriptions, like Fury of Ifrit, and then change it to something completely different like Elemental Fury -shrug-.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited November 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    Skill names are out!
    msw-3131-181031-5th-job-skill-design-post_03.jpgmsw-3131-181031-5th-job-skill-design-post_04.jpg

Mech Cannonade... Yikes

I suggested letting players suggest the renames after the first 5th job skills came out - never happened.

Well Mech Cannonade fits better at least - a fusillade is "a series of shots fired or missiles thrown all at the same time or in quick succession." and a fusil is "a light flintlock musket." Not sure if it should be "Cannon"-ade though - the skill has bullets, lasers, and missiles, but not really cannons (unless you count the things firing the missiles)

the other 2 skill names also had a slightly silly - but fitting - naming sense: the summon was named "Doomsday Device" and it GROSSLY increases mech's mobbing damage and a moderate dps increase, and "Mobile Missile Battery" is literally just that (a mobile missile battery) with a little alliteration

I don't like Blaster's and Kinesis' though - the names don't quite fit.
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited November 2018
    "Calamitous cyclone" for Dark Knight? That sounds lame. The original translation (Pierce cyclone) sounds way better abd fits the skill.

• EvalairEvalair
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2018
    [img][/img]really cannonade? for mech, it says mech cannonade, i hate that sounds like some gatorade missile flavor. Try words like Bombardment, armada, Arsenal, or even the best word of all " siege"

And besides the hyper skill for mech is already called " FULL SPREAD" what is the obsession with using full.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited November 2018
    Evalair wrote: »
    [img][/img]really cannonade? for mech, it says mech cannonade, i hate that sounds like some gatorade missile flavor. Try words like Bombardment, armada, Arsenal, or even the best word of all " siege"

And besides the hyper skill for mech is already called " FULL SPREAD" what is the obsession with using full.

Well it doesn't sound impressive, but since it's a play on fusillade it's VERY accurate.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdRNS0S1DS61ngYi5Xcq_7SrTk4Bk4pSbf6xx9YJUX4D6ISig/viewform I don't like any of the options sadly.