[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gear Score/Stat Requirements for content/bosses

L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
Reactions: 2,060
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I notice that in recent bosses screens, your characters on display do anywhere from 100m upwards to multiple bils of lines of damage. If a brand new player realistically looks at that, they'd most likely be wondering how these characters are doing 100x-5000x their damage.

I'm curious if you'd ever plan on releasing general stat/atk req for content so that people know what they should be aiming for to be able to clear these mobs in 2-3 hits or bosses within the full time requirement?

I know that stat/damage scale pretty exponentially as you go higher but seeing http://nxcache.nexon.net/cms/2018/6115/designedpost_hillainfo_066.jpg and seeing casual 800m lines is pretty discouraging.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    Those screenshots are more than likely from their test server, on admin accounts with access to item creation. No screenshots of damage dealt should be taken into consideration as anything more.

The characters the screenshots were taken with probably have all six symbols completely maxed out(well over 10k mainstat), probably have the best gear, with the best scrolls applied in full and all stars. There's no telling, even, if they're restricted to the typical constraints players are, or if they can have three lines of 300% crit damage on a shoe or something.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    That's kind of the thing though, dealing 800m with the 1.5x AF bonus, we're probably looking at around 40k with average 17* gear? To put it into perspective, a brand new player who just hit 1k stat probably barely breaks 1m.

If you're planning on showcasing damages like that, then I think it'd be nice to know what we're looking at in order to do that much in the first place.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    It's literally just that, a showcase. It's not meant to be any sort of indication of "this is how much damage you need to do to even have a chance".

It is nothing more than someone probably thinking "hey we need some action shots for our micro site". Relax.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    These sorts of things are best developed by the community. I believe the subreddit has several articles along the lines of what you're asking.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    As far as I'm able to tell (I could be mistaken), during the event, Tenebris mobs scale to your level; given that monsters only appear for your character, and the expedition is available to all users above level 200. Elite monsters and bosses appear for every character, but are scaled based on the average level of players in the map.
    Verus Hilla does not scale, but her HP is world-wide, so scaling is somewhat irrelevant in this regard.
    Personally I consider it unlikely that the mobs will be impossible for you to deal with, unless your damage is significantly lacking even considering your level.

Even if it were difficult, the events would be a good opportunity to increase your damage by completing the missions and using the Alliance Skills and supply depot.