[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I want the Old school equips in reboot

AkanoPoiAkanoPoi
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
Actually i really hope there is a way that i can get the Dragon Khanjar in the reboot, this has been my dream equip like years ago, and i hope there is a way that i can get one :(

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    As far as I'm aware, there isn't. Just one of the concessions that comes with playing on reboot, I suppose.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2018
    DKhanjar was always a paid item (gach) so I doubt they'd bother changing any drop tables just for that.
    AkanoPoi
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2018
    I wish we could get Demon Slayer of cash items in a package, or Mercedes old set...even the Orchid Black Wing set. Things from years ago....
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited December 2018
    This could be an opportunity for them to come out with equps that are primarily intended for fusing, allowing old gear designs to be placed on high level gear. They could have really low stats, and be called 'replicas'. Like "Dragon Khanjar Replica" with like 10 wattk, but can be fused over your fafnir gear to get that classic look... I like it.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    This could be an opportunity for them to come out with equps that are primarily intended for fusing, allowing old gear designs to be placed on high level gear. They could have really low stats, and be called 'replicas'. Like "Dragon Khanjar Replica" with like 10 wattk, but can be fused over your fafnir gear to get that classic look... I like it.

Not sure how fusion anvil works (f2p), but last I recall, Dragon Khanjar was a shield, which Fafnir in the Maplestory world were you planning on fusing it onto? o.O
    (Apologies if I'm just completely missing something about fusion anvils.)
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited December 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

Not sure how fusion anvil works (f2p), but last I recall, Dragon Khanjar was a shield, which Fafnir in the Maplestory world were you planning on fusing it onto? o.O
    (Apologies if I'm just completely missing something about fusion anvils.)

Sorry, I always forget that thing is a shield since it looks like a dagger (was thinking dual blade). That said you could still fuse it to a terminus defender or VIP Warrior Shield (not sure what the current best shield is as I don't play any 1h + shield classes anymore).

Fusing works by taking the appearance of one item, and applying it over the appearance of a different item, so if you really like the look of a certain item, you could fuse it onto your end-game gear, which lets you keep the appearance of gear that otherwise isnt feasible at late game. For example, you could make a fafnir brionak look like a fairfrozen, assuming you like the look of a fairfrozen.