[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Elemental Fury (New F/P V skill) crashes character

YunalescaaYunalescaa
Reactions: 840
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Skill

Brief bug summary:
Elemental Fury (Fire/Posion new V skill) crashes character to the world select screen upon use.

More details:
When casting the skill on a full map of mobs (skill hits 12 max), often causes an instant crash. I've tested this and was able to recreate it about 10 times.
However, using the skill on a few number of mobs didnt have this issue (ex, bossing, low mob count).

Steps to reproduce:
Kishin a map (or go to a high mob density map) and use the skill so it hits the max amount of mobs possible. There is a chance that the skill will instantly crash you after casting.
I tested it at Cavern Lower Path with kishin and was able to recreate it multiple times.

Character name:
Yunalescaa

Character level:

Character job:
Arch Mage (Fire/Poison)

World name:
Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
December 13th, 2 pm NST (Newfoundland Standard Time)
Tascate

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I was training with it in a frenzied Mirror 2 map for 30 minutes and never had an issue with it disconnecting me. Not sure if you're playing on an older computer with a lower graphics card... I'll definitely come back and update this if I run into the issue though.
  • YunalescaaYunalescaa
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    I was training with it in a frenzied Mirror 2 map for 30 minutes and never had an issue with it disconnecting me. Not sure if you're playing on an older computer with a lower graphics card... I'll definitely come back and update this if I run into the issue though.

I'm playing on an RTX 2080. 99.9% sure its not PC related lol. Ive never had an issue of crashing with skills before this one.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Not getting this one. Been using the skill since the patch dropped and haven't had this pop up once.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, definitely doesn't seem like a graphics issue.

I've had it happen to me once now, but that was out of ~60+ casts of the skill, so it's odd that it is giving you frequent disconnections. =S
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Starting to get this now after playing around with the skill some more.
    Using the skill at max duration on enemies that don't die quickly enough stack up hits so fast the game disconnects you.
    I can only assume it thinks you might be cheating/lagging and DCs you in response.
    I managed to catch this in action yesterday.
    https://streamable.com/zizc1
    YinYangX
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2018
    Hiya everyone, I'm getting this passed along.
    If you have any, could you upload any additional screenshots or videos documenting the crash occurring? Either would be greatly helpful for the QA team in replicating the bug. Fuhreak's video is really helpful, any additional info from those who also suffered the same problem is always appreciated.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I don't constantly record when I'm playing, and it hasn't been consistent enough for me to pinpoint to even try and record. =(

I got one today where I used Fury of Ifrit on the left side of a frenzied Mirror-Touched Sea 2 map, and then used Meteor Shower on the right side, and it caused me to d/c. So I'm not sure if it's just too many lines of damage on the screen at once which causes the d/c...?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I don't constantly record when I'm playing, and it hasn't been consistent enough for me to pinpoint to even try and record. =(

I got one today where I used Fury of Ifrit on the left side of a frenzied Mirror-Touched Sea 2 map, and then used Meteor Shower on the right side, and it caused me to d/c. So I'm not sure if it's just too many lines of damage on the screen at once which causes the d/c...?

Check out the instant replay on OBS or NVidia Shadowplay. Just set it to record the last 30 seconds or so.
    I don't usually record or have OBS open unless I think it's consistent enough to actually catch it.
    I had a feeling it might DC me when using the darkness rune. It just so happened that I was right, which is the only reason I was able to capture it.

I actually had similar happen to a messenger of darkness on a 247 map, though it wasn't with Ifrit. (Nor was I recording)
    Using DoT Punisher + Poison Nova was enough to make me DC. I think because most of the orbs from DoT punisher hit the boss, it was enough to trigger it.
    I've had similar issues with lag spikes resulting in a DC, which is why I think it's based on number of attacks/lines.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Welp I just did 15 hours of training during the 2x, and probably d/cd about 12 times. I don't know if this is just insanely random luck, but literally every single one of the d/cs happened when I had exactly 2 minutes left on an MVP buff. I checked Fuhreak's video and I didn't see MVP in their video so I guess it can't be that, but yeah... very odd occurrence. =S

Additionally, I believe it stems from casting an AoE spell when Fury of Ifrit is ending - if you cast it while it's active, or if the spell is already active when you cast Fury of Ifrit, you won't run into the d/c. I was very careful in ensuring that Fury of Ifrit finished before casting any of my spells, and it was fine for 90% of the time while training.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    -snip-

Additionally, I believe it stems from casting an AoE spell when Fury of Ifrit is ending - if you cast it while it's active, or if the spell is already active when you cast Fury of Ifrit, you won't run into the d/c. I was very careful in ensuring that Fury of Ifrit finished before casting any of my spells, and it was fine for 90% of the time while training.

This can't be it, as Fury of Ifrit never has anything cast after it in my video. Half of the point was to use it and ONLY it.
    I only threw up mist/flame gear to make sure I had all 5 stacks for max time.
    I think this still ties into number of hits/lines, casting an AoE with lots of mobs around is going to increase the number of hits by a lot.
    The easiest way to create this crash for me is to use the skill on an elite mob with meteor on cooldown.
    Using it on high level emobs from darkness runes results in a crash more often than not.
  • CalamitySkyCalamitySky
    Reactions: 700
    edited April 2019
    Has this issue been fixed yet? Wondering if I should play F/P..
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Has this issue been fixed yet? Wondering if I should play F/P..

I have not had an issue with d/cing because of Fury of Ifrit since my last post in December.