[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't start Tenebris storyline.

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2018 in General Chat
I'm not sure if anyone is having the same problems, but I recently got back to playing Maple (after finishing finals in school) and wanted to try out the new Black Mage content before it's locked behind level 245+. I started the storyline beginning in Esfera and got through the Ereve part. After I go to the outpost for the first time, I can't continue the storyline to go to Tenebris and Labyrinth of Suffering (and thus can't do expeditions aside from defense). A friend in game told me that it is possible that I had to do Moonbridge before going to Tenebris.

Since Moonbridge was just recently closed and if it connects to Tenebris both content and storywise, does that mean that I'm locked out the rest of the content because I missed the first part of the content and thus, did not trigger the quest to start on the Tenebris questline? I really hope it's not true and the content wasn't designed like that. I was told there should be some quest called Nienheart's Call, but I don't see it. (It also says the recommended level is 235, so I hope I don't need to be that level in order to progress). I've tried everything I could think of, but I have no idea what to do next or how to continue.

I realize that this is a timed event and that progression is automatic, but to lock later players out of entire content is a really bad game design and I know I could have played earlier to experience the content, but I had finals to deal with that took priority. So, is there anything I can do and am I just missing something on how to progress or am I really not able to continue? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to solve this issue upon changing channels after completing the beginning part of the Black Mage content. I am now able to continue with the content.

Comments

• EliteChampion10EliteChampion10
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2018
    Hmmm i have the same issue, i feel like i have to catch up so fast the storyline and i can only okay max 2hrs a day. I didnt finish the moonbridge either but when i start the new content it gave me a summary of what i missed.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Hmmm i have the same issue, i feel like i have to catch up so fast the storyline and i can only okay max 2hrs a day. I didnt finish the moonbridge either but when i start the new content it gave me a summary of what i missed.

Same with me. I figured it out. I had to change channels in order for the quest to be triggered. I'm not sure why that happened like that, but I was able to continue. So, I guess if anyone else runs into this problem, changing channels should fix it.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    It shouldn't have locked you out, just that you would be restricted to the main storyline and/or recaps of said storyline.

You need to accept the quest "On the Offensive", under the Maple Alliance icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
    7b5whTB.png
    C4Z1Ohf.png
    (This was on my Aran, who has not started the Tenebris expedition at all, except for the outpost)
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited December 2018
    just relog
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    It shouldn't have locked you out, just that you would be restricted to the main storyline and/or recaps of said storyline.

You need to accept the quest "On the Offensive", under the Maple Alliance icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
    7b5whTB.png
    C4Z1Ohf.png
    (This was on my Aran, who has not started the Tenebris expedition at all, except for the outpost)

I received that quest immediately on changing channels, so the issue fixed itself. I don't know why I had to do that in order for the quest to register, but I was eventually able to continue and got the Moonbridge summary.