[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Allow Lightning God Ring Effect to be turned off

FawkoFawko
Reactions: 2,360
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This effect should be able to be shut off similar to other items with effects. The purple effect makes it hard to see your character's full set of gear.
Lyeden

Comments

• LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited December 2018
    +1
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    The reason it isn't is because it's not an effect like the others, it's a summon that casts a buff. The sylph rings as well.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    I think the sylph ring you can turn off, because all of the effects come from the ring itself. The angelic blessing rings are the ones with a summon that gives a buff.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited December 2018
    Nexon is a multimillion dollar company. They have the power to make the effect "summon" transparent while still giving the buff, its not rocket science.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    They should just convert the buff into a passive, like pet set effect buffs, and then turn the visual portion of the buff into an actual effect that can be turned on and off at the user's preference.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I think the sylph ring you can turn off, because all of the effects come from the ring itself. The angelic blessing rings are the ones with a summon that gives a buff.

Forgot AB rings existed. But yeah those are the same too. Sylph can't be turned off because the ring summons it in the same way AB/LGR does once you equip it or enter a new map. However Sylph/AB is not affected by the skill-opacity settings either, while LGR is, I believe.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an option but it's the reason why it's not the same as the other toggle-able effects and might not be a clear cut fix. Though Arwoo has replied to similar suggestions before and supposedly forwarded it.