[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tower of Oz: Have Notifier for Floors 11 & 13

fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
Reactions: 1,465
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been enjoying Tower of Oz after mustering up the courage to finally do it and am currently aiming to past Floor 43. However, for the potential questions of Floor 11 and 13, I each have to record number of black golems killed and number of white bears/green flower cows killed and find them beyond what should be asked of the player.

The problem with counting the number of black golems killed in Floor 11 is that you have to kill 300 of the monsters contained in that room. The black golems are not there by themselves, and have a sort of 50/50 split with its other variant. The only difference they have is their color, everything else is the same (such as their dying animation). With a big room, having many platforms, and with Finley being summoned if you stay there too long, it is quite frankly, too demanding to ask us to count how many black golems we have killed to pass the room. There should be a notifier that tells us how many black golems we have killed. There already is one for how many total.

Now, my problem with Floor 13 is that the monsters here are too close to be able to count. Players are pressured to count 2 types of monsters, while they must dodge meteors that deplete a very significant amount of their health, while also making sure no monster passes a certain area. With the guide I am referencing to help me do the Tower, they do not seem to have a set amount spawned, so players cannot give an automated response. Again, if there was a notifier, or even if the monsters were spaced out more, it could greatly alleviate this problem without changing things too much.

Now, I understand that we can screencap for Floor 13 or use OBS for the whole thing, and I like the idea of exploring the more niche systems of the game, but I feel this is going a bit too far. The game shouldn't require third-party help, or clunky answers that only serve to slow the player down. Like, I can just about accept the other questions, but these two, are too much.

I wish I could complain about Floor 48 because it looks really stressful. Can't even practice it? C'mon!
YinYangX

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get a small time waster then another question if you answer incorrectly?
    Basically allowing you to re-roll the question?
    Never watched videos of or played past floor 20, so I have no clue.

• OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get a small time waster then another question if you answer incorrectly?

It asks you the same question again, so you can't re-roll the question. It's just a time waster.
    Fuhreak
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Occire wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »

It asks you the same question again, so you can't re-roll the question. It's just a time waster.

Also (just quoting from guides, only been to fl42 myself) but if you get too many wrong (yes, op only mentions two), it soft locks your run, iirc.