[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Leap Event

MarkTahmazovMarkTahmazov
Reactions: 840
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
i wanna move from khaini to bera some1 can tell when is the next wl event?

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2019
    Not for a long time. And even if it comes back soon, they're going to (hopefully) close off Bera to new people; we have enough people (and botters) in Bera already. Let people transfer out of Bera sure, but not in.
  • MarkTahmazovMarkTahmazov
    edited January 2019
    ohh man i wanted to transfer my lvl 184 kinesis too bera with godly gear also for the link skill
    edited January 2019
    why dont they make 1 world like reboot for all normal servers with 100 chanels
    darik
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

With the way Bera is lagging right now (and has been for months), that is definitely not a good idea.
    FuhreakPirateIzzyYinYangX
    edited January 2019
    idk i dont have anylags at all i think its a good idea
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    idk i dont have anylags at all i think its a good idea

I honestly believe the Bera server is located in an extremely weird location with very poor servers in general.
    Either that or the hacker issues has just completely destroyed the game's ability to update at a reasonable speed.
    I've played games from far less successful companies with more players and yet, less lag.
    No other server lags like Bera does. Every attempt I've tried in the past to check it out results in just instant lag fest.
    Care to let us know your general location and/or internet connection?
    darik
    edited January 2019
    hate hackers..
  • cssproplayercssproplayer
    Reactions: 430
    Nexon really needs to fix their servers and create more channels. The server chaos is dead and the items are more rare than ever. Moving to another world would be ideal. We really need a world leap event again. On a further note. There are not that many strong players to fight end game bosses anymore. We need a world leap event ASAP!
    darikHuskyDM
    Hey, that’s a great question that hopefully an admin can answer for us. The game has been dead as of late and the items have been more rare than ever. Moving everyone into one world and having hundreds of channels would be ideal. We really need a world transfer event again ASAP. I really hope nexon listens to their tenure players.
    darik
    edited January 2019
    Hey, that’s a great question that hopefully an admin can answer for us. The game has been dead as of late and the items have been more rare than ever. Moving everyone into one world and having hundreds of channels would be ideal. We really need a world transfer event again ASAP. I really hope nexon listens to their tenure players.
    AKradian wrote: »

With the way Bera is lagging right now (and has been for months), that is definitely not a good idea.

It doesn't matter what server your on, they all are very laggy. Nexon needs to move everyone onto one server. This will alleviate a lot of headaches from their team so that they can just focus on one set server. With that said we would need more channels to compensate for the lost servers. This will also alleviate a lot of hackers because their staff will only have to deal with one server and many channels. The server Bellocan in it self is very dead and lacks a lot of tools/items needed to become as strong as possible. With the help of Scania, it's players as well as tools/items Maplestory would be a better game.
    edited January 2019
    hate hackers..

I also hate hackers, moving everyone onto one server and adding additional channels it would help Nexon remove these players from the game.
    edited January 2019

I totally agree with you!! Nexon really needs to move everyone onto one Server with a lot of channels. Would help remove hackers from the game if everyone was together as a community. Separating everyone doesn't give the vibe of a community game. Also, servers except for Scania lacks players for end game bossing as well as the items needed for end game bossing.
    edited January 2019

Unfortunately the event has passed. I have requested for my players to be moved to a more populated world, however, Nexon denied my request. Nexon please move everyone into one world with more channels.
  • NadeneNadene
    Reactions: 210
    Please I just came back from hiatus.. Windia is totally dead and I really, really dont want to start over.
    Let me move to Bera :-(
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019

Unfortunately the event has passed. I have requested for my players to be moved to a more populated world, however, Nexon denied my request. Nexon please move everyone into one world with more channels.

Okay holy christ dude, there's an edit button, it's in a small gear-looking icon on the top-right of your posts. Please use that next time instead of making six posts in a row all aimed at different things. Just click the quote button below each post and it'll throw them into the box at the bottom of the page.
    Nadene wrote: »
    Please I just came back from hiatus.. Windia is totally dead and I really, really dont want to start over.
    Let me move to Bera :-(

I understand your frustrations, but understand that if they made an exception for you, they'd have to make an exception for everyone else who wants off their dead-and-barren world.

More generally though, I have very little doubt that bera will be blocked off from incoming transfers if/when they run the event again. And on top of that, they may also reinstate character limits on transfers. I've been here since 2014, there have been two world transfer events since then. The first one saw scania and windia blocked for incoming transfers, and you were restricted to six characters you could transfer.

The second one was the big one; there were no limits on how many characters you could shovel into one world(I, personally, took full advantage of this and moved 4-5 pages worth of characters to bera), and on top of that there had been a buzz about the subreddit and forums to have everyone pile onto one server in an attempt to "fix the problem ourselves" since nexon was, and still is, so unwilling to do total server merges.
    PirateIzzy
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited March 2019
    Umm, according to the kms event info, there was supposed to be a world leap event when the Black Mage patch started. So I honestly don't know if we'll EVER GET ANYMORE world leap events if GMS is even skipping the ones kms schedules.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2018/06/21/kms-ver-1-2-297-maplestory-black-mage-gathering-of-heroes/

latest one in kms which I still doubt we'll get. https://orangemushroom.net/2019/01/09/kms-ver-1-2-311-maplestory-adventure-momentum/
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    TheHoA wrote: »
    Umm, according to the kms event info, there was supposed to be a world leap event when the Black Mage patch started. So I honestly don't know if we'll EVER GET ANYMORE world leap events if GMS is even skipping the ones kms schedules.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2018/06/21/kms-ver-1-2-297-maplestory-black-mage-gathering-of-heroes/

latest one in kms which I still doubt we'll get. https://orangemushroom.net/2019/01/09/kms-ver-1-2-311-maplestory-adventure-momentum/

KMS has completely different world population issues, and their frequent World Leap events are intended to solve them.

For GMS, a World Leap event might solve the problems for specific people who are currently crying "My world is too empty, let me go to Bera!" or "Get me out of laggy bot-infested Bera!", but it will exacerbate the problems for those who choose to stay in their current worlds, and those who happen to be on a break when the event is held.
    In my opinion, we need to first reorganize our NA non-Reboot worlds into 2 or 3 alliances, and only then hold a World Leap.

Nexon is still looking into the best way to go about solving the GMS world population issues. Copying KMS events willy-nilly is definitely not it.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    KMS has completely different world population issues, and their frequent World Leap events are intended to solve them.

For GMS, a World Leap event might solve the problems for specific people who are currently crying "My world is too empty, let me go to Bera!" or "Get me out of laggy bot-infested Bera!", but it will exacerbate the problems for those who choose to stay in their current worlds, and those who happen to be on a break when the event is held.
    In my opinion, we need to first reorganize our NA non-Reboot worlds into 2 or 3 alliances, and only then hold a World Leap.

Nexon is still looking into the best way to go about solving the GMS world population issues. Copying KMS events willy-nilly is definitely not it.

Alliances were, in my opinion, the worst mistake nexon's ever made with regards to server populations. Now you have 14 worlds that might be a 60/40 split between players and mules. And it's been so long that people are happily established in their mule hoards and are resistant to any changes that would hinder that.

If they're going to do anything, they need to consolidate all of the alliance-world characters to the root server(galacia, mardia, broa) before stripping out all but those three from the world select list. I still point to jms for how they could go about it. If I recall correctly, jms crammed everyone's characters onto a single world, going far beyond the world character cap in some cases, while not returning any slots of deleted characters above the cap.

World alliances were the stupidest way to solve population decline that they could have chosen, and now people are so established that the only way to even remotely do anything is to further shoot themselves in the collective foot.
    HuskyDM
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Alliances were, in my opinion, the worst mistake nexon's ever made with regards to server populations. Now you have 14 worlds that might be a 60/40 split between players and mules. And it's been so long that people are happily established in their mule hoards and are resistant to any changes that would hinder that.

If they're going to do anything, they need to consolidate all of the alliance-world characters to the root server(galacia, mardia, broa) before stripping out all but those three from the world select list. I still point to jms for how they could go about it. If I recall correctly, jms crammed everyone's characters onto a single world, going far beyond the world character cap in some cases, while not returning any slots of deleted characters above the cap.

World alliances were the stupidest way to solve population decline that they could have chosen, and now people are so established that the only way to even remotely do anything is to further shoot themselves in the collective foot.

Even though I play in a world alliance, all my characters in the MYBCKN alliance are in Kradia.
    The whole "alliances promote exploits" notion, advanced by some people who think they're outsmarting the system by playing characters in multiple worlds in the same alliance, is foolish. Using multiple accounts in the same world, rather than multiple worlds in the same account, is much more "exploitable". You can get Gift Drop (giftbox notifier) rewards more than once, and if you have more than one computer you can even do two or more attendances at the same time. And this is something people can do equally easily in non-allied worlds.

I don't know how JMS did their world merges, but I saw what happened to EMS Kradia and Demethos when they became Luna. Like with a world leap, people lost guilds, alliances, buddy lists, marriages. People got all sorts of glitches, like not being able to add character slots even though they were nowhere near the cap.
    It's a recipe for trouble.
    If they merge worlds again, I expect we'd lose Legion, Monster Collection, Achievements, and other "per world" content. Storage and Cash Storage may or may not overflow and glitch.
    It's not a gameplay issue but a technical issue I'm concerned with. I feel a lot more confident that Nexon can pull off another alliance without breaking much, than a merge.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    While I don't see an easy "way out" of the alliance mess, they do need to make the login screen clearly show which worlds are bundled together and which ones are stand-alone. I think they re-organized them to spell out the alliance names a while ago, but there needs to be some colored borders or a drop-down or something. Anything. A big old { on the side would do.

Full merges could be possible if they find a way to keep the world data intact (guild names aside, since that clashes with regular alliances anyway). I just don't see Nexon going that route voluntarily over just doing more alliances.
    I'm concerned with keeping "too much" data as well, like AKradian mentioned with Storage and Cash Storage being merged from several worlds. Asking people to empty their Storage(s) and delete/transfer Cash items around to other classes is only a solution for the active players.

So at the very least I'd want an easier way to tell the alliances apart/together for new players.
    But I agree that there should be a new merge/alliance first, and transfer after monitoring the result. Like it should have been last time. I highly doubt people would be allowed to transfer into Bera now in any case.