[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory 1 or 2 for the Nintendo Switch?

ZiEKZiEK
Reactions: 100
in Off-Topic Discussion
Will there be plans for Maplestory for the Nintendo Switch? Some Maplers use controllers to play Maplestory, so it's not impossible to play on a Switch. The only problem I guess is the programming and what not. Is it that difficult?

Comments

• Halosoul96Halosoul96
    Reactions: 110
    I hope Maplestory 1 comes to the Nintendo Switch!
    i hope its just like the PC version and NOT the LAME Mobile version(cant see other real players)
    Rissaness
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited November 2018
    I don't see Maplestory ever coming to platforms outside of Windows since it seems to heavily rely on Windows-only software libraries. Additionally, I don't see how you could viably play the game with only a controller at its current state since there are many classes which require binds for a dozen or more skills in order to play properly.

Huh, I didn't notice this thread was months old, I would've thought Off-topic to be more active.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018
    If it ever did come for the Nin-Switch, I wanna say both could probably get support, but chronologically the 1st one would make sense to go in order. I don't ave a switch so I just kinda shrug it off lol
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited November 2018
    Wait! Wasn't there a DS maplestory that came out only in Korea? It's not impossible, but it may not fly.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2018
    Wait! Wasn't there a DS maplestory that came out only in Korea? It's not impossible, but it may not fly.

Correct,

There's a DS and 3ds game, and both are a lot of fun!
    RissanessDnaman101
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited January 2019
    I wouldn't mind getting the games on Switch but what about a unique MS game? How about an RPG that goes through the important moments of the game?
    Like you start doing the explorers questline and experience a sort of pre-BigBang and RED mix in the plot, with the arrival of the pirates and Black Mage returning. Then as you move on you start unlocking other classes and you have some Job system like in Final Fantasy allowing you to use the 6 Heroes classes. Then you go through stuff like Black Heaven, Heroes of Maple, the Nova war... and so on. I would be down for a game like that.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited January 2019
    They way they made Maplestory 2 is simple.

Fire Emblem Warriors it would be like, but you would start of with the Cygnus knights of course. Imagine them animated and Cygnus an actual class as well just like how Anna was in FE Warriors.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    SlicedTime wrote: »
    I don't see Maplestory ever coming to platforms outside of Windows since it seems to heavily rely on Windows-only software libraries. Additionally, I don't see how you could viably play the game with only a controller at its current state since there are many classes which require binds for a dozen or more skills in order to play properly.

Huh, I didn't notice this thread was months old, I would've thought Off-topic to be more active.

I've played the game entirely off controller before. Having a mode switch for menu buttons + mouse.
    I just sit in front of the keyboard now to navigate menus and such. Much easier.
  • BlazeMagicBlazeMagic
    Reactions: 400
    If they had a Switch version, it would be nice to play it in bed and grind a bunch before falling asleep.
  • AnomaletixAnomaletix
    Reactions: 800
    edited March 2019
    I would pay for maplestory on the switch, but the only problem is probably just trying to actually play online, because of the thing where you need to pay for online
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    They have all this time to rebuild maplestory for ds, 3ds, and mobile

But no time to make ms1 less of a buggy trainwreck
    Dnaman101
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They have all this time to rebuild maplestory for ds, 3ds, and mobile

But no time to make ms1 less of a buggy trainwreck

1) Those were made from the ground up, not just lazily porting the game and calling it a day.

2) The team that works on gms is not the same team that worked on the DS games or works on the mobile game.
    Fuhreakbumbertyr
  • AminalAminal
    I would be soooooooooooooo happy if Maplestory came to Nintendo Switch, and I know thousands of others would be too, as long as its not like the mobile version and more like original Maplestory... Such an incredible game that so many people miss!