[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My Damage Sucks

MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
Reactions: 1,125
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Hi Maplers, I'm a lvl 210 mechanic with 170AF and 400k damage.
I know my range should be far higher, but I really have no idea of how to boost it.
Any advice is welcome, just remember "get a umbra weapon" is not an advice, since I would need a few tons of billions to get one (and it's not an available option lol).

Currently I'm 1 absopoint from absogloves, and I'm training a Kanna and a DA as linkmules for damage boost, next will be time for an Ark and a Xenon.

My complete gear is here (zoomable image at this link )
c2YrBQj.jpg

( edit:Here is the updated version as of 27/05: 980k damage, 280 AF )

Stats/range panel is in the right of the picture.
Thanks to whoever will share some infos :)

Happy mapling :)
Abajour

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    I can already tell just by skimming your collage that a lot of your gear either has garbage or no potential. Your highest priority beyond sorting out potentials is to replace your rings with gollux rings, as well as getting potential on them.

You've got a superior gollux belt, and that's a good thing. What's not a good thing is that you scrolled it with spell traces instead of gollux scrolls. Here is what your belt could look like if it was scrolled with gollux scrolls.

I would also start working on commerci if I were you. Save up for the sweetwater eye and face accessories(nothing else, the rest is trash). Do keep in mind, as well, that you have to maintain a budget of sorts with those coins, as you can easily get yourself into a position where you can no longer access solo voyages.

Edit: You can get a better medal, too. You'll have to slog through masteria through time to get it, but it's nowhere near as long as black heaven. Bonus is you also get an android that comes with a shop but you'll have to sort out a heart for yourself. And just so you know, anything below a superior lidium heart is not worth investing money into.

The biggest pit, in my opinion, based on what I see in your screenshot is your rings. You have literal **** for potential on any of them. Two(possibly three with that 8-blessing ring) of your rings outright cannot have potential, and the other(silver blossom) simply has none. Again, focus on simply replacing those rings with gollux rings, starting and superior and working your way down. The base stats alone should be a decent boost.

As for the potential situation you've got yourself in, WSE is the commonly encouraged starting point. That's weapon, secondary and emblem. Work on your weapon, then your secondary(your eternal magnum) and then your emblem. After that, it's pretty much just a matter of picking something that needs work.
    AbajourMorningAfterSevenYinYangXKuronekonova
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You've got a superior gollux belt, and that's a good thing. What's not a good thing is that you scrolled it with spell traces instead of gollux scrolls. Here is what your belt could look like if it was scrolled with gollux scrolls.

Thanks for all the good advices :)
    I've discovered a lot today (like: why I should do Commerci PQ and the existence of Gollux Scrolls lol). :)

Looks like I'm gonna (finally) do Gollux prequest! lol

Thanks @Aggraphine :)

(what's better? a Like or a Insightful?)
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    (what's better? a Like or a Insightful?)

They're both useless in the grand scheme of things. I just use them to avoid having to post "I agree with or respect this post." or "This is a helpful post."
    MorningAfterSeven
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

As for the potential situation you've got yourself in, WSE is the commonly encouraged starting point. That's weapon, secondary and emblem. Work on your weapon, then your secondary(your eternal magnum) and then your emblem. After that, it's pretty much just a matter of picking something that needs work.

Shouldn't emblem be first? Since you can technically buy the other two from other people already potentialed, but you can't buy an (at least proper lvl 100) emblem.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »

Shouldn't emblem be first? Since you can technically buy the other two from other people already potentialed, but you can't buy an (at least proper lvl 100) emblem.

I suppose order doesn't matter as long as you still start with those three.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited April 2019
    Potential road map if you're not going to buy pre-scrolled/cubed equipment.
    (May be more expensive than buying an equipment, but you get the satisfaction of making your own gear)

0.5.) Using occult cubes
    -Get weapon, secondary, emblem to +3% attack
    -everything else to +3% dex
    -average cost for each equipment: 30 occult cube and 2 potential scroll

1.) Using occult cubes (with a lot of epic potential scroll to save hours of getting to epic with occult 1% tier up rate)
    -Get weapon, secondary, emblem to +6% attack
    -everything else to +6% dex
    -average cost for each equipment: (2 epic potential scroll and 30 occult cube), (200 occult cube)
    (note that the re-rolling cost can get pretty expensive when using that many occult cubes on lv 140+ equipment)

2.) Using occult cubes to get double lines at epic tier or getting to unique tier using master cube (drop from mysterious/legendary veins, bosses, crafting)
    -Get weapon, secondary, emblem to +9% attack or +30% boss damage if it is at unique tier (emblem cannot get %boss)
    -optional, get +30% ignore enemy defense on weapon, secondary, emblem for bosses with 300% defense (chaos vellum, Lotus, Damian, etc)
    -optional, get decent sharp eye on glove if you don't have enough space (or buff freezer) on your 5th job matrix for it
    -everything else to +9% dex
    -average cost for each equipment: (200 occult cube), (80 master cube)

3.) Using meister cubes to get to legendary tier (main source come from crafting)
    -Get weapon, secondary, emblem to +12% attack or +40% boss damage if it is at unique tier (emblem cannot get %boss)
    -optional, get +30% ignore enemy defense on weapon, secondary, emblem for bosses with 300% defense (chaos vellum, Lotus, Damian, etc)
    -optional, get decent sharp eye on glove if you don't have enough space (or buff freezer) on your 5th job matrix for it
    -optional, get decent speed infusion on glove if you don't have enough space (or buff freezer) on your 5th job matrix for it
    -everything else to +12% dex
    -average cost for each equipment: (120 meister cubes)

Consider getting a Fafnir weapon to get that +30% boss damage set effect.
    Consider putting any trash soul on the weapon if you need +20 att when training (not as suseful on bosses as dying reset it back to 0).
    Tier 6 attack increase from flame on weapon (https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Bonus_Stats_and_Nebulites#Attack_Power_increase_.28Weapons.29)
    +40 DEX or 4% all stat from flames on Gollux and Sweetwater equipment
    +80 DEX from flames on lv 150 equipment (hat, top, bottom, pocket item)
    +100 DEX from flames on lv 160 equipment (Non-weapon Absolab)
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Potential road map if you're not going to buy pre-scrolled/cubed equipment.
    (May be more expensive than buying an equipment, but you get the satisfaction of making your own gear)

0.5.) Using occult cubes
    -Get weapon, secondary, emblem to +3% attack
    -everything else to +3% dex
    -average cost for each equipment: 30 occult cube and 2 potential scroll

1.) Using occult cubes (with a lot of epic potential scroll to save hours of getting to epic with occult 1% tier up rate)
    -Get weapon, secondary, emblem to +6% attack
    -everything else to +6% dex
    -average cost for each equipment: (2 epic potential scroll and 30 occult cube), (200 occult cube)
    (note that the re-rolling cost can get pretty expensive when using that many occult cubes on lv 140+ equipment)

2.) Using occult cubes to get double lines at epic tier or getting to unique tier using master cube (drop from mysterious/legendary veins, bosses, crafting)
    -Get weapon, secondary, emblem to +9% attack or +30% boss damage if it is at unique tier (emblem cannot get %boss)
    -everything else to +9% dex
    -average cost for each equipment: (200 occult cube), (80 master cube)

3.) Using meister cubes to get to legendary tier (main source come from crafting)
    -Get weapon, secondary, emblem to +12% attack or +40% boss damage if it is at unique tier (emblem cannot get %boss)
    -optional, get decent speed infusion on glove if you don't have enough space (or buff freezer) on your 5th job matrix for it
    -everything else to +12% dex
    -average cost for each equipment: (120 meister cubes)

Consider getting a Fafnir weapon to get that +30% boss damage set effect.
    Consider putting any trash soul on the weapon if you need +20 att when training (not as suseful on bosses as dying reset it back to 0).
    Tier 6 attack increase from flame on weapon (https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Bonus_Stats_and_Nebulites#Attack_Power_increase_.28Weapons.29)
    +40 DEX or 4% all stat from flames on Gollux and Sweetwater equipment
    +80 DEX from flames on lv 150 equipment (hat, top, bottom, pocket item)
    +100 DEX from flames on lv 160 equipment (Non-weapon Absolab)

Honestly, you could probably just cut out 0.5; occult cubes are so cheap(on bera at least, I'm not sure about luna) that it's not really a financial hurdle to just throw cubes at crap until you hit epic and a preferred line.

Also regarding cubes in point 3: you've neglected to mention the five reds/blacks(1200/2200 each, respectively) per month in the reward point shop. There've also been a couple of events in the past few months to have a number of red and black cubes available from their respective coin shops too. It isn't much, but it's still a source of cubes, albeit fairly limited.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    *snip*

Is it even worth rerolling for pots with occults? Haven't used any occults before but doesn't it still take a meso fee if the item is high enough level? I know it's probably a small amount, but for some players each meso expense count.

The way I go about pots is just pick one item and reroll with master/meister/red until it tiers up and I have a decent pot on it, then pick the item with the lowest value pots and then repeat.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    *snip*

Is it even worth rerolling for pots with occults? Haven't used any occults before but doesn't it still take a meso fee if the item is high enough level? I know it's probably a small amount, but for some players each meso expense count.

The way I go about pots is just pick one item and reroll with master/meister/red until it tiers up and I have a decent pot on it, then pick the item with the lowest value pots and then repeat.

If you, like myself and a great many other people, have thousands of them they're a cheap and easy way to get epic-tier 6%(+ if you're lucky) mainstat/att mule gear. If you're hurting for range like this guy is, it'll definitely help. I had gear near as bad as this guy's(it was worse actually) on my old wild hunter, I bought a new cra set cause flames, grabbed a couple other incidentals and threw occults at them until I had at least 6% dex on everything and 6% att on the crossbow. My range damn near doubled.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    *snip*

I have almost 9000 of these cubes.
    I usually use them on mules to get a small boost. Or sometimes to go for a low level rare -> epic rank up since the regamble is extremely cheap/free.
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited April 2019
    After @aggraphine's comment I've started Gollux. What a relief to find out that ugly JQ is no longer mandatory (I really hate JQs!) lol
    But I'm facing a problem: lack of potential scrolls.
    So it's gonna take a little longer than I thought. lol

(guys thanks a lot, really! Whenever an advice pops up in your mind, please share!)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    After @aggraphine's comment I've started Gollux. What a relief to find out that ugly JQ is no longer mandatory (I really hate JQs!) lol
    But I'm facing a problem: lack of potential scrolls.
    So it's gonna take a little longer than I thought. lol

(guys thanks a lot, really! Whenever an advice pops up in your mind, please share!)

Event coin shops usually have some epic pot scrolls in them. Legion coin shop has three that restock weekly.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Event coin shops usually have some epic pot scrolls in them. Legion coin shop has three that restock weekly.

If I need EPot scrolls I just chase ebosses while grinding.
    The chests from them, bounty portals and wolf portal all drop them at a decent-enough rate.
    If I'm actually looking for them I can get several per day.
    It should be mentioned that this is in arcane river on channel 1 with a hyper rock.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

If I need EPot scrolls I just chase ebosses while grinding.
    The chests from them, bounty portals and wolf portal all drop them at a decent-enough rate.
    If I'm actually looking for them I can get several per day.
    It should be mentioned that this is in arcane river on channel 1 with a hyper rock.

This is also true, and a point of note that I forgot to include.
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited April 2019
    Meanwhile: I can't understand how to improve IED and Damage Boss, other than via HyperStats :/
    Uhm... potential?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2019
    Meanwhile: I can't understand how to improve IED and Damage Boss, other than via HyperStats :/
    Uhm... potential?

Yes, you can get IED on Secondary, Weapon, and Emblem? I believe, same with boss damage, I might be missing a couple of equips. There is also the Leafre Codex set which gives IED, Luminous Link skill, Blaster and BT Legion...
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Uhm... potential?

Yes, you can get IED on Secondary, Weapon, and Emblem? I believe, same with boss damage, I might be missing a couple of equips. There is also the Leafre Codex set which gives IED, Luminous Link skill, Blaster and BT Legion...

Keep in mind as well that IED is multiplicative. It functions on diminishing returns. Ex: your stat window shows that you have 70% IED. You equip something new that gives you 10% IED that you didn't have before. Your stat window now shows you have 73% instead of 80%. This is because 3 is 10% of the value remaining between 70 and 100%. I might not be absolutely correct about it, but it's more or less a simplification of things.
    FuhreakMorningAfterSeven
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited April 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Uhm... potential?

Keep in mind as well that IED is multiplicative. It functions on diminishing returns. Ex: your stat window shows that you have 70% IED. You equip something new that gives you 10% IED that you didn't have before. Your stat window now shows you have 73% instead of 80%. This is because 3 is 10% of the value remaining between 70 and 100%. I might not be absolutely correct about it, but it's more or less a simplification of things.

That's pretty much spot on. Strategy wiki has the complete formula available along with other useful formulas: https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Formulas#Ignore_DEF
    FuhreakMorningAfterSeven
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2019
    Hi Maplers, I'm a lvl 210 mechanic with 170AF and 400k damage.
    I know my range should be far higher, but I really have no idea of how to boost it.
    Any advice is welcome, just remember "get a umbra weapon" is not an advice, since I would need a few tons of billions to get one (and it's not an available option lol).

Currently I'm 1 absopoint from absogloves, and I'm training a Kanna and a DA as linkmules for damage boost, next will be time for an Ark and a Xenon.

My complete gear is here (zoomable image at this link )
    c2YrBQj.jpg

Stats/range panel is in the right of the picture.
    Thanks to whoever will share some infos :)

Happy mapling :)

That a great class one that many don't use anymore but it is actually one of the low key broken classes in boss raids just people don't realize it. First question to ask is what server your in if you're in bera I know a few people who main that class in the past and also know how to increase the range without spending money. Second long term goal what do you plan to do with it, and what type of funding your looking to do. Also, this class has one skill that lets you teleport through portals and set mines and other stuff to help control the fight that type of spamming is good in a party and great support for bishop and Kanna. But what I know you need is Str stats and Attack stats also attack speed, But attack speed can be sub out for "skip cd" ability, which can help you spam moves and literally overwhelm bosses to the point of not needing atk speed. But yeah there's a few broken stuff you can do but if you're in reboot I say it going to be easy as you won't spend too much money. In our guild, we donate gear to new players and help startup and try to find you someone who knows the class to help with funding. I think joining ursus raids can help cause the shop has items to upgrade gear. But yea good luck and hope to see you hit 1 mil :D
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    riza wrote: »
    But what I know you need is Str stats and Attack stats

Mechanics use DEX, not STR.
    FuhreakSlicedTimeMorningAfterSevenYinYangX