[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Need major advice for Ark

KanejKanej
Reactions: 400
in General Chat
So I came back after playing mapld back in 2009... A lot has changed I saw. Anyways I wanted to start a Ark main on reboot which I have up to Lvl181 right now. Its range is low because well its a new character with no link skills or even a legion and access to stats board for legions. I tried to find a guide for Ark but I couldn't sadly. My range is stuck between 100k~200k. I need guides on which link sets I need along with which gear, inner ability, and hyper stats (194 Hyper Pts)[img][/img] to look for. Help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• AlexUshimatoAlexUshimato
    Reactions: 770
    edited May 2019
    Not sure how hard you actually looked but one quick Google search and I found this Ark skill build. AyumiLove has builds for all, if not most, of the classes in the game.

As far as increasing your range, you may want to look at taking a break from your Ark and getting link skills. AyumiLove also has a Link Skill guide here

What gear do you have as well? If you burned your Ark you should have access to the Frozen set, which gives you some pretty awesome gear for that stage of the game. Otherwise, at 200k range, you could start with trying to get boss gear (Black Metal Shoulder, Pink Bean Cup, Chaos Horntail Necklace) for some range. Get the treasure set (Hayato, Kanna, Ayame shoulder, ring, and belt respectively). Do Yu Garden dailies for 50% Epic Potential scrolls for your gear, as well as a chance for 30 day totems that are BiS outside of event totems, and make sure you’re actively starring and flaming (green bonus stats on your gear) as much as you can.

Aim for 11 ~ 12 stars on as many items as you can, and aim for 4% all stat on your flames. For potentials, aim for Epic potentials with 6% attack preferably, but 6% main stat is fine too.

I’m not the best mapler in the world, so take some of this with a grain of salt, but going off what other people have told me and what I’ve been doing to boost my range, this advice took me from about 400k ~ 500k range to 900k ~ 1mil range.

Good luck, and hope this helps!
    Kanej
    edited May 2019
    Oh, I forgot to add. Make sure you’re doing Commerci and Gollux daily. Sweetwater gear isn’t as good as it used to be, but it’s a great way to bridge the gap for AbsoLab and Chaos Root Abyss gear. Superior Gollux Accessory set is also an endgame set, so once you get those you’re set.

EDIT: Probably better to just link this video for a full, comprehensive guide to gearing on Reboot.
    Kanej
  • KanejKanej
    edited May 2019
    Not sure how hard you actually looked but one quick Google search and I found this Ark skill build. AyumiLove has builds for all, if not most, of the classes in the game.

As far as increasing your range, you may want to look at taking a break from your Ark and getting link skills. AyumiLove also has a Link Skill guide here

What gear do you have as well? If you burned your Ark you should have access to the Frozen set, which gives you some pretty awesome gear for that stage of the game. Otherwise, at 200k range, you could start with trying to get boss gear (Black Metal Shoulder, Pink Bean Cup, Chaos Horntail Necklace) for some range. Get the treasure set (Hayato, Kanna, Ayame shoulder, ring, and belt respectively). Do Yu Garden dailies for 50% Epic Potential scrolls for your gear, as well as a chance for 30 day totems that are BiS outside of event totems, and make sure you’re actively starring and flaming (green bonus stats on your gear) as much as you can.

Aim for 11 ~ 12 stars on as many items as you can, and aim for 4% all stat on your flames. For potentials, aim for Epic potentials with 6% attack preferably, but 6% main stat is fine too.

I’m not the best mapler in the world, so take some of this with a grain of salt, but going off what other people have told me and what I’ve been doing to boost my range, this advice took me from about 400k ~ 500k range to 900k ~ 1mil range.

Good luck, and hope this helps!

Im using Frozen set with, Silver Blossom Ring, Blackgate ring, Horntail necklace, Aquatic Letter Eye, Royal Black Metal shoulder, my weapon however is replaced with Sweetwater as it actually outdoes Frozen set. I do have a Pendant slot I still need to work towards unlocking at Lv30 Charm. Your advices gave me a good run down on what Im supposed to do. I don't really know what Im supposed to do with my hyper stats at this point if you could help with that. Regardless of that, thanks for your tips!
    edited May 2019
    In the skill build I linked it has this in it. I think the skill build will help you out a lot if you have the time to go through it.

Ark Hyper Skill Build (GMS)
    1. Reinforced Battle Arts (Passive)
    2. Incredibly Tenacious Instinct (Passive)
    3. Enhanced Spectra Healing (Passive)
    4. Guardbreak Arts (Passive)
    5. Boss Rush Arts (Passive)
    6. Charge Spell Amplifier (Active)
    7. Endless Agony (Active)
    8. Divine Wrath (Supportive)

It’s prioritized from most important to least important, if you don’t have enough hyper sp for all of them.
    Kanej
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2019
    In the skill build I linked it has this in it. I think the skill build will help you out a lot if you have the time to go through it.

It’s prioritized from most important to least important, if you don’t have enough hyper sp for all of them.

Id actually argue against this build, I have considered Second maining Ark so I'd like to offer my tips.
    Hyper Passives I use:
    All 3 Battle Arts
    Enhanced Spectra Healing
    Enhanced Specter State (Ultra anti-knockback, good in Lotus, Magnus, Damien, etc)
    Once you hit 200, you can start thinking about Nodestones, the way I go about it is simple...keep count of your skills on each node. Some need 3, others 2, I can't recall the exact guide numbers for each skill off the top of my head. The one thing about Ark is that it does need more Node slots than some other classes due to using most of its skills from 1st to 4th.
    Node skills you need:
    Unstoppable Impulse
    Basic Charge Drive
    Scarlet Charge Drive
    Gust Charge Drive
    Abyss Charge Drive
    Ominous Nightmare
    Impending Death
    Kanej
  • KanejKanej
    edited May 2019

I think you misunderstood me ☺ I meant hyper stats in your stats menu, not hyper skills. I was able to follow up on the hyper skills fast as it was pretty obvious by the passives they give haha. Thanks tho!
  • KanejKanej
    edited May 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Id actually argue against this build, I have considered Second maining Ark so I'd like to offer my tips.
    Hyper Passives I use:
    All 3 Battle Arts
    Enhanced Spectra Healing
    Enhanced Specter State (Ultra anti-knockback, good in Lotus, Magnus, Damien, etc)
    Once you hit 200, you can start thinking about Nodestones, the way I go about it is simple...keep count of your skills on each node. Some need 3, others 2, I can't recall the exact guide numbers for each skill off the top of my head. The one thing about Ark is that it does need more Node slots than some other classes due to using most of its skills from 1st to 4th.
    Node skills you need:
    Unstoppable Impulse
    Basic Charge Drive
    Scarlet Charge Drive
    Gust Charge Drive
    Abyss Charge Drive
    Ominous Nightmare
    Impending Death

Thanks, this will be incredibly helpful as I'm pretty much a noob at nodes for V Matrix
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2019
    Kanej wrote: »

I think you misunderstood me ☺ I meant hyper stats in your stats menu, not hyper skills. I was able to follow up on the hyper skills fast as it was pretty obvious by the passives they give haha. Thanks tho!

Hyper stats general guide (Reboot player, it may be different in a regular server)
    Damage
    Crit Damage
    IED/Crit (Depends on which you need more of)
    Main Stat (STR for Ark)
    Boss Damage (Only good on main, don't bother with an alt character due to not bossing much)
    Crit Rate (also depends on class, some classes don't need this)
    Kanej
    edited May 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Hyper stats general guide (Reboot player, it may be different in a regular server)
    Damage
    Crit Damage
    IED/Crit (Depends on which you need more of)
    Main Stat (STR for Ark)
    Boss Damage (Only good on main, don't bother with an alt character due to not bossing much)
    Crit Rate (also depends on class, some classes don't need this)

In agreement with you here. I’m also a reboot player. I’d say I’d prioritize things like this:

Main: Damage > Boss Damage > Crit Damage >= IED > Main Stat > Crit Rate

Alts: Damage > Crit Damage = IED > Main Stat > Crit Rate > Boss Damage

If you find yourself maxing out on hyper stats on your main, may be worth throwing your points into things like abnormal status resist. It’s a weird stat, I know, but the less time you spend Blinded/Seduced/Stunned/Sealed means the more time you’re spending dealing damage/less time spent using All Cure potions in the case fo Blind/Seal.
  • KanejKanej
    edited June 2019
    One last question. So I've made progress and Im at Lvl203. I really want to transfer my Frozen grip pot to my sweetwater grip. Anyone know which weapon I can mediate it to so that I can transfer the pot?
    edited June 2019
    Kanej wrote: »
    One last question. So I've made progress and Im at Lvl203. I really want to transfer my Frozen grip pot to my sweetwater grip. Anyone know which weapon I can mediate it to so that I can transfer the pot?

You’d be better off holding onto your Frozen weapon and just re-starring/potting your SW as to transfer the pots/stars/flames you need a weapon that is one tier below SW, which I believe is 160.

Transfer your pots up to an Utgard weapon (level 140) and wait until you get a Chaos Root Abyss weapon, then transfer from the Utgard weapon to that. That weapon will eventually be replaced by an Absolab weapon, so there’s not really any point in trying to build up Sweetwater when Absolab will be readily available once you’re actively running Damien and Lotus every week.