[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I Need Advice On Mid/Late Game Equipment sets

SilvaaSilvaa
Reactions: 720
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Hello, I'm a returning player that came back from a few year hiatus and I was wondering what was the most cost/effective equips/sets I should be getting?

My range is at 2m clean right now as a Dual Blade and as for my gear I have good old full CRA set along with Tyrant Cloak and Boots.
I've gotten the Rings/Accessory part sorted out already but I just wanted to ask what is the best path in terms of equipment sets should I aim for now?

Here are the 3 paths I'm considering and I'd like feedback on what is the best and what has the most cost efficient since I'm a F2P player.

Option 1:
4 Set CRA + 2 Set Absolab Shoulder, Gloves + Tyrant Cloak & Boots.

Option 2:
5 Set Absolab Wep, Hat, Overall, Shoulder, Gloves + Tyrant Cloak & Boots.

Option 3:
3 Set CRA + 5 Set Absolab Wep, Shoulder, Gloves, Cape, Shoes.

I've said previously that I have read multiple guides but none of them gave me a straight answer.
I'd also like to ask how much star force would I need on the Absolab Cape, Shoes to be equivalent to Tyrant's star force?
Both my current Tyrant Cloak and Boots are at 5 stars and I read somewhere that 5 star Tyrant = 17 Star Absolab but can anyone confirm this?

I am currently leaning towards option 3 which would mean I'd have to sell my current Tyrants with PSOKs from RP shop but I'm going to take that path if it ultimately means a steadier climb in range in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'd appreciate any advice/tips on boosting range to mid/late game as well.
  1. Best Options for Equipment Set8 votes
    1. Option 1
       25% (2 votes)
    2. Option 2
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Option 3
       75% (6 votes)

Comments

• AlexUshimatoAlexUshimato
    Reactions: 770
    edited May 2019
    It all depends on what kind of potentials you already have on your CRA weapon (also assuming you have SW Katara seeing as you’re DB) .

It is NOT worth starring Tyrant’s. You’re much, MUCH better off just starring Absolab gear. Your most important absolab gear is going to be your gloves, boots, cape, and shoulder.

I’ve heard differing opinions on which weapon to use, as some of my higher level guild mates argue it’s better to just keep the CRA weapon (damage difference to abso is mostly covered by full CRA set), while other guildes say you’re better off investing into your Abso weapon.

Out of your options, I’d say option 3 (I went ahead and voted), seeing as no matter what the CRA Hat, Top, and Pants are going to be your BiS for a long while.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Can there be an option 4?

Drop the sup gollux belt and opt for double sup pendants (keeping 4 set gollux). This gives you more freedom to keep the CRA 4 set and go with Abso belt, cape, glove, boots, shoulders. Or even keep the tyrants and go for a 3 set abso, which nets you 30 all stat and 25 more atk over 2 set.

Edit: 30 day 2nd pendant slot is in Maple rewards shop for 3200 points, which can be done within a week if you go for 10 daily bosses a day.
    AlexUshimato
  • AlexUshimatoAlexUshimato
    Reactions: 770
    edited May 2019
    L4d2jpn wrote: »

Drop the sup gollux belt and opt for double sup pendants (keeping 4 set gollux). This gives you more freedom to keep the CRA 4 set and go with Abso belt, cape, glove, boots, shoulders. Or even keep the tyrants and go for a 3 set abso, which nets you 30 all stat and 25 more atk over 2 set.

Edit: 30 day 2nd pendant slot is in Maple rewards shop for 3200 points, which can be done within a week if you go for 10 daily bosses a day.

Completely forgot that you can do double Sup pendant for the 4 set Gollux. I would go with this instead.
  • SilvaaSilvaa
    Reactions: 720
    edited May 2019

I don't think an Absolab belt exists and but I've decided to sell my tyrants for 3 Set Cra and 5 Set Absolab.
    Petalmagic
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Silvaa wrote: »

I don't think an Absolab belt exists and but I've decided to sell my tyrants for 3 Set Cra and 5 Set Absolab.

I'm an idiot, yeah it's 3 set CRA and 5 set abso with the wep.