[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Your game needs some polish...

NhigaradeNhigarade
Reactions: 300
Way too many "unnecessary" quests that pop up as you level up. It's kind of annoying to click through all of them.
The chat in this "social" mmorpg is disgusting, we definitely need a re-haul to either the entire interface itself or some sort of customization to allow players to make the screen less . . overwhelming?.
I remember doing Hilla and like.. not even seeing when she casts Reflect. This is silly.
I think the entire community would love a removal of any and all jump quests.
The healing in this game needs a new concept, because mashing 75% healing seems wrong. There really is no punishment in this game other than getting 1 shot or forgetting to use a potion (either or).
Classes with "mana" shields literally die instantly if they get buffs removed.
I don't really see players helping each other out, it seems like there's still a HUGE solo player base (within reason).

Here are some SIMPLE suggestions though, everything above this I think you guys should definitely sit down and have a meeting on.
But everything below.. here you go.

Party exp/loot/spawn time bonuses. (No more CC please / defame nonsense in our social game)
Hell spawn bigger/tougher monsters (BOSSES) if 3 or more players are in a the same area lol.
Removing the reason to level alt chars for buffs (I hate this) Maybe instead of STAT buffs, they were EXP buffs?
Boss races (Let's see what/who/class/guild will be top?) When was the last time we have created.. a legendary player? (FANGBLADE)
Party quests? I actually loved the Romeo and Juliet exploit/grind spot. It made leveling low level classes fun.
Removing holy blessing, for faster rates that holy blessing would have given? In exchange for every class in the game has a unique buff that helps the party..
(Like Samurai being strong if other classes boost their Crit chance)
Endgame "permanent" rewards, like hitting level 200 gets you a pet or something.
Power leveling options?

I actually mentioned experience buffs like 3 times already. Maybe it's because it's intimidating to NOT level a character WITHOUT a burning / double levels event?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Hilla has Medina announce Damage Reflect (along with every other major move) at the top of the screen (contrary to most bosses with DR, where you have to watch for the specific animation).

We also have tough monsters and field bosses that spawn after a certain number of mobs are killed.
    Elite Monsters spawn randomly when killing mobs. They're bigger versions of the mobs in the map and range from 21x to 96.25x HP compared to normal mobs (depending on level range and the color of the sword over their head). They also have a prefix in front of their name that grants them a special ability (for instance, a "Black Chains" mob can use a special chain attack which deals 30% damage). Any mob in most training maps can become an Elite mob, including field bosses (such as Dodo or Lilynouch).
    Occasionally, Elite Monster spawns a Messenger of Darkness instead.
    Messengers have increased HP and additional attacks compared to Elite monsters.
    If enough Elite monsters are killed, a siren will blare and an Elite Boss will spawn.
    Elite Bosses have 300x to 750x the HP of monsters in the map, depending on level range, and have prefixes like Elite monsters (up to two). There are five of them, each with their own skills.
    https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Elite_Monsters_and_Elite_Bosses
    While partying is not strictly necessary to defeat Elite monsters and bosses, during events which require killing one of them you'll often find players shouting with megaphones to announce which maps are close to spawning bosses.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2019
    Nhigarade wrote: »
    Party exp/loot/spawn time bonuses. (No more CC please / defame nonsense in our social game)
    Hell spawn bigger/tougher monsters (BOSSES) if 3 or more players are in a the same area lol.
    Removing the reason to level alt chars for buffs (I hate this) Maybe instead of STAT buffs, they were EXP buffs?
    Boss races (Let's see what/who/class/guild will be top?) When was the last time we have created.. a legendary player? (FANGBLADE)
    Party quests? I actually loved the Romeo and Juliet exploit/grind spot. It made leveling low level classes fun.
    Removing holy blessing, for faster rates that holy blessing would have given? In exchange for every class in the game has a unique buff that helps the party..
    Endgame "permanent" rewards, like hitting level 200 gets you a pet or something.
    Power leveling options?

I actually mentioned experience buffs like 3 times already. Maybe it's because it's intimidating to NOT level a character WITHOUT a burning / double levels event?

Party EXP/Loot bonuses I am ok with, because its something a lot of people want.
    Hell Spawn? We have EMobs/EBosses already, please don't make it worse.
    Don't touch my legion please, I enjoy it a lot.
    Boss races? I am gonna guess you haven't seen the 275 Race when that happened...so that's just a pass by me.
    Party quests, I would love a revamp of them but not an EXPLOIT of them.
    Remove HS? Yeah no. Bishop is meant to be a utility class (P.S. Our "Samurai" is called Hayato)
    Endgame rewards? We get achievements, 5th job, and Arcane Symbols as a part of leveling past 200...
    Power leveling already can happen if you do the right set-up such as: Mercedes Level 3 Link, Full EXP in Legion grid, Zero Legion block, True HS (Not Decent HS) with Hyper, EXP coupons, a 2x card for regular servers...the list goes on.

And its not intimidating if you actually are motivated to level. I have been making my push to 250 (hit 242 today) and all I get is Kishin + level 17 DHS Node and exp coupons from compensation. What can make it better? An active Kanna to talk to, your buddy list or guild, and for me, my lovely Livestream chat (I stream my major training sessions).
    darik
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited June 2019
    Way too many "unnecessary" quests that pop up as you level up. It's kind of annoying to click through all of them.
    The chat in this "social" mmorpg is disgusting, we definitely need a re-haul to either the entire interface itself or some sort of customization to allow players to make the screen less . . overwhelming?.
    I remember doing Hilla and like.. not even seeing when she casts Reflect. This is silly.
    I think the entire community would love a removal of any and all jump quests.
    The healing in this game needs a new concept, because mashing 75% healing seems wrong. There really is no punishment in this game other than getting 1 shot or forgetting to use a potion (either or).
    Classes with "mana" shields literally die instantly if they get buffs removed.
    I don't really see players helping each other out, it seems like there's still a HUGE solo player base (within reason).

I'll try my best to go over these

1: I do agree with this suggestion, that it would need to be better over hauled, perhaps grouping them together if they are of a similar type or by area when clicking on the quest notifier.
    2: I also do agree with screen customizing as well, A good suggestion right there.
    3: Neospector goes over this, So I'll leave it be.
    4: Jump quest are more of thing of the past and most test the limits of patience. but are an necessary evil to break up things here and there.
    5: The only way I can really see healing being changed if they entirely remove all percentage based potions and give higher levels of Hit point and Mana Potions and give all potions by default a 5 second cool down between each use in all areas. This would heavy pretty much force players to keep a pocket bishop or make a good bishop friend to hang out with. of course this requires a complete re-balancing for the whole game in the way it currently works.
    6: This is not a hard fix, I think Luminous has his mana version of fairy as a built-in passive skill. I figure it would not be hard to change them into a passive buff instead of an active one.
    7: Well this game would need a variety of actions to make it less solo earlier on story and in general. Here goes....

Game damage and monsters would have to have a complete overhaul, more complex enemy patterns, hp, defense, damage, exp gained per kill would have to have effort vs reward system in place.

Party quests would need better overall rewards for the effort put into them and hand out unique gear or potions and maybe some special craft recipes to make things like a earring cash cover or something like that as well and to raise the experience per party quest.

Make when your in a party as long as you are helping killing monsters every 5-20 seconds (time might have to be tweaked) you should be able to get the same amount as your ally does this is excluding any double exp rates coupons, ect that they might have on and as long you are within a 10-20 level difference of the highest level in the party. Otherwise it just goes back to what the normal rates for being in a party are.

Improving the guild system, Such as during crafting having a guild mate being there with you can increase the chance to scroll an item, cubing to rank up, star force ect, perhaps add a small crafting mini game between two players or you can further up the chance of success with more guild mates up to 6 players to push the rate up even higher.

For boss fights increase the drop rate of the special boss drop and the more people in the party the better the odds of it dropping. Also increase the amount of reward points you get killing in a party then without.

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    We already have this. Players just don't use it.
    Theoretically a 6 man party is faster than solo grind, but only under the right circumstances.

What are Elite Mobs?

Legion is a fun system designed to make players try other classes and also have more to do.
    If you want an EXP buff, buy the item from the shop or place characters in the EXP buff area of legion grid.

Not much point to time trials for most bosses seeing as they die in a matter of seconds.
    Also, What is Dojo?

Just like with parties, community problem. People value easier options. Party Quests require other people, it's easier to just go solo grind somewhere.

Most classes have a party buff, but having limited range on buffs and a solo meta makes them self buffs really.

There are some medals like that. There's also a chair at 250.

Power leveling options?
    What is burning?
    Petalmagic
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2019

Maple is by far the least overwhelming in terms of screen real estate lmao
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »

Windowed mode, external chat window. It's a hell of a lot better than fullscreen.
  • NhigaradeNhigarade
    edited June 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Power leveling options?

Party EXP/Loot bonuses I am ok with, because its something a lot of people want.
    Boss races? I am gonna guess you haven't seen the 275 Race when that happened...so that's just a pass by me.
    Remove HS? Yeah no. Bishop is meant to be a utility class (P.S. Our "Samurai" is called Hayato)
    Endgame rewards? We get achievements, 5th job, and Arcane Symbols as a part of leveling past 200...
    Power leveling already can happen if you do the right set-up such as: Mercedes Level 3 Link, Full EXP in Legion grid, Zero Legion block, True HS (Not Decent HS) with Hyper, EXP coupons, a 2x card for regular servers...the list goes on.

And its not intimidating if you actually are motivated to level. I have been making my push to 250 (hit 242 today) and all I get is Kishin + level 17 DHS Node and exp coupons from compensation. What can make it better? An active Kanna to talk to, your buddy list or guild, and for me, my lovely Livestream chat (I stream my major training sessions).

Hi it seems like you guys briskly skimmed through my post, but I'll clarify.

"Party exp/loot/spawn time bonuses. (No more CC please / defame nonsense in our social game)
    Hell spawn bigger/tougher monsters (BOSSES) if 3 or more players are in a the same area lol"

This is a way to bring back party play into maplestory.. by bringing in more party exp, loot and spawn time bonuses for the spawn for the boss monsters.
    Not actually spawn tougher mobs, but if maple took it a step further they would add even stronger bosses when a party is present, rather than 3 players holding down two buttons and spending a longer time killing things - which is a lazy design concept for difficulty in video games (Look at skyrim).

Boss timer races kind of like mu lung.. but better. Not simply "hey here's another event to start a new character that double levels blah blah".
    Again, we could overhaul this by simply making leveling a better experience. I'm not saying increased rates directly, but increase the rates without all of this "unnecessary" nonsense.. like leveling alts to get an exp bonus link.. that's again.. an old system that I feel should be removed to honestly improve the game.

Why is it that every new character has to go through the exact same annoying thing for example? Like why can't main quests be linked across the accounts so we don't have to do the same boring.. out dated.. quest over and over.. and even clicking on the "unlock hidden abilities" is odd.

Even the current rate that you level right now, you end up with a list that is simply way too many "LOW LEVEL" quests. Meanwhile someone at level, lets say 150 skips them anyways, and does the boss quests that actually matter.

Please keep in mind, when I say POWER LEVELING- I'm talking a high level dragging a low level and helping him out. Not the speed running, abusing exp coupons and having a proper set up that isn't really the way the game was designed to be played - is done.

• NhigaradeNhigarade
    edited June 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »

Yet we can't have one simple UI scale change to increase fonts.
    The game I understand is old, but I'm basically asking for an interface overhaul that allows us to custom things the way we want it to be. Rather than straining our eyes or playing at a lower resolution.
    Old games are good, that's why we're playing maplestory correct?
    Why not improve the experience even further to bring back the players and bring in newer players - rather than beg for classic content and old school rates, when we can actually bring back a thriving mmorpg. And not a "solo" game with a chat box on the side.

I would love to bring more friends into this game, but even I someone that has played the game, played it in classic, and played it in high school, and played during the reboot.. be annoyed with something that has been plaguing the game for years?

Take one quest line for example; Tengu boss. Literally the dumbest boss in the game, ragequit for a poorly designed game.
    But take something good for example, like the old jump quests in lego land is something you remember forever, that brings you back to the game again and again.
  • IceSapphireIceSapphire
    Reactions: 940
    edited June 2019
    Some valid points, My only issue currently is the crazy new loading screen it takes me 12minutes to load vs 2min for the previous screen~ im hoping this is fixed soon~
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited June 2019
    I want stuff

The only thing they should change about the quests is the rewards not removing them from the game

Custom UI is not a bad suggestion

I don't mind jump quests it's a challenge if you don't like them don't do them but don't ruin others experience in the game by asking the removal of that

The healing is the same in every mmo either you use potions or not is your mistake if you die most of the time, it's your fault unless you are fighting hard magnus or something worse

Classes with "mana shield" don't die if their buffs are removed only if something hits you for like 60k+ damage

Is less time consuming to play solo in this game if you have the resources to do so (most veterans in dead servers)
    I like to see it as a difficulty setting
    Easy = plays on reboot ask for help in a guild to get stuff
    Normal = plays on reboot but solo
    Hard = plays on Bera w/o guild help no irl cash investments
    SSS = plays on any other server but reboot and bera guild solo? it doesn't matter you have done it all anyway (you don't wanna know what each S means)

A way to make more people play with each other is to make each class unique and unable to use buffs from other classes no decent skills in 5job or items
    the only class able to steal skills from others should be phantom, now everybody can (I hate phantom so much oh noes! don't steal my skills!)
  • NhigaradeNhigarade
    edited July 2019
    Hi guys, I'm back and didn't forget about this thread I swear!

Thank you for adding ways to spawn additional monsters - rather than solely relying on a Kanna or Kanna Alt.
    Me and my friend sometimes power level each other with a Kanna (still). But I feel reboot is still very annoying to play when we are "forced" to do an event to keep up with other players.
    It's gotten to a point where we actually stopped playing because of how dull it is to NOT have a burning character. Please stop relying on attendance events to keep your player base in the game.

I still stand by my point - that character link skills, exp rates based solely on events and tickets, very little to zero party incentive leads to a very disappointing experience for your players.

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Power leveling options?

Whats your stream called? I wanna give it a visit! :D
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2019
    Hi guys, I'm back and didn't forget about this thread I swear!

Thank you for adding ways to spawn additional monsters - rather than solely relying on a Kanna or Kanna Alt.
    Me and my friend sometimes power level each other with a Kanna (still). But I feel reboot is still very annoying to play when we are "forced" to do an event to keep up with other players.
    It's gotten to a point where we actually stopped playing because of how dull it is to NOT have a burning character. Please stop relying on attendance events to keep your player base in the game.

I still stand by my point - that character link skills, exp rates based solely on events and tickets, very little to zero party incentive leads to a very disappointing experience for your players.

I disagree, i love doing events and taking advantage of them to increase my damage, hell events are an important reason why i enjoy playing maple,if there arent good rewards on the events i dont feel like doing them, amazing rewards is what motivates the people to do them.
    PetalmagicFuhreak