[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What class to make for Burning Event?

SwornKnightSwornKnight
Reactions: 520
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Opinions on the strongest class that I should use this event to level up?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2019
    choose a class you either hate, or really need for Legion/Link skills. It kinda depends on what you have done, though.

For example: I was going to do Beast Tamer but it is not open. I need it for both Legion and Link skill. Unfortunately I cannot make a BT for Tera burning at the moment, so instead I chose Paladin for Legion.
    SwornKnight
  • SwornKnightSwornKnight
    Reactions: 520
    edited June 2019
    @PetalMagic
    That's good to know. I'm also returning on a fresh account with only one character that is at lvl100. So yes, I will keep in mind about the Legion and Link Skill. Will have to look into it later.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2019
    @PetalMagic
    That's good to know. I'm also returning on a fresh account with only one character that is at lvl100. So yes, I will keep in mind about the Legion and Link Skill. Will have to look into it later.

If this is the case, I would think most people would agree that you should make a Jett. It's one of the absolute worst to level, but its legion and link skill is superb.

Edit: Anything that would help your legion/link is helpful. If not a Jett, Mercedes is also absolutely amazing, so that you can get to 210 more easily and get the 20% extra EXP Link skill. Merc's legion is okay. If you don't want to hit 210, you can wait to Mega Burn (to 150) a merc in the future. But sooner the better.
    SwornKnight
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited June 2019
    what about the pathfinder class? arent they a good boss class? i just read they arent out yet. what are the routs to level up at to 150 anywho???
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    what about the pathfinder class? arent they a good boss class? i just read they arent out yet. what are the routs to level up at to 150 anywho???

You won't be able to burn a pathfinder for the next several burning events. This has been the norm for every new class since burning events became a thing.
  • LunafreyaSerahLunafreyaSerah
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2019
    I might have been stupid... but I made a burning character for Kanna on Windia.
  • ArgetlamArgetlam
    Reactions: 910
    edited June 2019
    I burned a Mercedes, hoping to get it to the level it needs to be at for a level 3 link skill (187 as of this comment)
    Mawg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Argetlam wrote: »
    I burned a Mercedes, hoping to get it to the level it needs to be at for a level 3 link skill (187 as of this comment)

You're aiming for 210 then. Good luck
    Argetlam
  • ArgetlamArgetlam
    Reactions: 910
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

You're aiming for 210 then. Good luck

Yep... gonna take a while, thanks!
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited June 2021

I am so lazy that I burned two :-) just to lazy to toggle the link between my two mains, so keep one Merc active on each :-)
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited June 2021
    @PetalMagic

Yeah, that's the problem, the crummiest classes tend to have great Link skills. Me, I'm going with Mechanic for starters.