[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Introducing the best skill/s for maplestory?

darikdarik
Reactions: 3,270
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear nexon,
Me and my guildies have come with a new feature that would be super fun and entertaining to do bosses with, it goes as follows:
The idea is to make a skill for all jobs where you throw your weapon to the boss, you 1 hit KO the boss or deal a lot of damage so that its almost dead, BUT it has certain conditions that have to be met in order to succeed this skill:
a)You have to bind the boss.
b)It must have more than 7 debuffs.
c)You have to use the skill exactly 5 seconds AFTER binding the boss.
(conditions are subject to be modified if necessary).
In case you dont meet all this requirements, you miss the throw and you lose the weapon forever, so you need to make a new weapon.
We also came up with another idea for an improvement of dual blades mobbing, okay so night lords have a skill called assasins mark where in certain situations stars fly around the map hitting the monsters this is really usefull for both mobbing and bossing, our idea is to add the same skill to dual blades BUT instead of throwing stars, to add to the flavour of the class, it throws daggers, so daggers fly all around hitting monsters and bosses, this will greatly improve the poor mobbing capacity of dual blade.
Im looking forward to seeing a response.
Thank you for your time,
Mapler.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    -holds my weapon close- That sounds sooooo dangerous especially to people with their 22* Arcanes...unfortunately with how progression is...It would be pretty crippling in Reboot to lose an Arcane weapon, or even an Absolab if you have progressed it far enough. You would almost have to give out an equipment trace for the failure because...that would basically reset the progression on a weapon.

I do actually like the idea of DB throwing knives though. Its mobbing always feels...eeeeehhhhhhh to me.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2019
    I hate the first idea. If you played Dual Blade during the Ascension Update, you might had recalled the skills Owl Spirit and Monster Bomb. If those were added as a passive attack, it would enhancing its damage as well as return some nostalgia to the class.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    -holds my weapon close- That sounds sooooo dangerous especially to people with their 22* Arcanes...unfortunately with how progression is...It would be pretty crippling in Reboot to lose an Arcane weapon, or even an Absolab if you have progressed it far enough. You would almost have to give out an equipment trace for the failure because...that would basically reset the progression on a weapon.

I do actually like the idea of DB throwing knives though. Its mobbing always feels...eeeeehhhhhhh to me.

Thats the fun, its an ultimate skill, it has to have some risks :P
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2019
    darik wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/a0pro2/weapon_durability_system/

Hold my beer
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    darik wrote: »

-every class with a pseudo ultimate-: Am I a joke to you?
    Please note I consider ultimates to be full screen attacks ala Kinesis level 140? hyper, BT's "final" skills in Bear and Leopard, Wind Archers 160 hyper, etc...