[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

maplestory events kind of suck and heres why

KorunikKorunik
Reactions: 510
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Today was the beauty and last day of the maplehood watch and i was really looking forward to getting new items for my characters but apparently the event stops in the evening? at 7:30pm mst? im actually really mad and i wasted all day thinking about my guys looking nice (:

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Daily rollover is midnight UTC. That's 8 PM eastern, 7 PM central, 6 PM mountain and 5 PM pacific. Shift them all back an hour for DST

So you missed reset, and the end of maplehood, by about an hour and a half. The event comes back around a couple times a year though, so it's not like you missed out forever. It'll be back.
    FuhreakKuronekonova
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited August 2019
    yes u lose this have a new chance whit the beauty event of merged world ( sincerely for me better than maplehood beauty .....)
  • KorunikKorunik
    Reactions: 510
    edited August 2019
    luna02 wrote: »
    yes u lose this have a new chance whit the beauty event of merged world ( sincerely for me better than maplehood beauty .....)

can you use actual grammar so people know what youre talking about

but also 6pm is way to god damn early for any event to end, especially a day only event. people have work and/or school to go to?? a life to attend to?? but i guess that doesnt matter because of whatever reasons
    be great if i didnt miss events because i have to go outside and eat dinner at 6.
    still, like i said
    maplestory events suck
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Midnight UTC has been the reset point for a bit under three years now. We've all voiced over time that it's dumb as hell and it sucks, but they have thus far seen fit to not care and as a result have left it as-is.

The best you can do is learn to work around it like the rest of us have, because nexon sure isn't going to do anything about it.