[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher isn't working properly

LaLeYLaLeY
Reactions: 410
edited February 2017 in Tech Support
Hi

So, I just had the Nexon Launcher installed in a secondary hard drive (as the game itself is located there), but the import option doesn't appear at all.

The game is working fine using the old Maple Launcher, but I want to get it to work using the Nexon one (because of the march 23th update).

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• menchiesmenchies
    Reactions: 100
    edited February 2017
    I am having the same problem as well
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    The import function has been misfunctioning when using secondary hard drives. Try copying the files over manually to the destination folder.

The game folder can be found by clicking the gear icon next to the game you want and selecting "Open game location". Additionally, you can click on the drop-down arrow next to your profile icon, click on "settings", and locate the games installation location, and access it from there (it should be something like C:\Nexon\Library depending on your drive); games are located in folders labeled by game (I.E. Maplestory's game folder is named "maplestory"). The structure looks like this:
    0Z8oKII.png
    Inside should be a folder called "appdata". The game files are stored in the "appdata" folder.
    Open your current Maplestory game files. Physically copy or move the game files from the current Maplestory folder into the appdata folder. If one does not exist, create it. This is literally what the import function does automatically.
    Once this is done, click the gear icon next to the game in question again and select "repair installation". The launcher should scan the existing appdata folder and see the game files. Make sure that the installation path is set properly.