[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Original Maple Europe contents and features

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
I wish some things which were available in the original EMS client build will be included in the GMS client build such as some content and features.
Here are some examples of things:

- Please adopt the Character Selection Screen button, which greatly improved the whole gameplay. This will help to move to the character selection screen using the previous same world and channel and switching between different characters quickly. This feature is available in MapleSEA, too.
For those who is not familier with this feature - it's a button in the menu above the Quit button which enables to skip the login screen/world selection screen and it moves instantly into the character selection screen using the last same world and channel you used to be logged in with your character, greatly useful for switching between different characters quickly and smoothly/relogging in quickly.

EMS Menu

- Please add Veracent, which was a main unique content for the original Europe MapleStory. It is included in MapleSEA, too.

- Please enable the use of Rebirth Flames, or obtaining equipments with random additional stats (not the potential parts which cubes are needed for it), including the reduction level for the equipment. It's available in MapleSEA and Maple Korea, previously intorduced in the original EMS.

- Please adpot some EMS only events, for example: King's Day Festival and PMD.

- Enabling the player to see by himself the result of his chatting messages with the censored parts (a message to be shown with the ***) will be greatly appreciated and will help to improve the whole gameplay (this will help to put attention and change the message if got censored parts with ***). This was available in the original EMS. It is available in MapleSEA, too.
Bahamut_XRikNLPhantomMasterThiefBleethgorateronPrinceClaudyImAdventurerWizardBeau
  1. What do you wish the most to be implemented from Original EMS only systems, contents and events?3 votes
    1. Everything good that was used to be in EMS which is not available now (systems, feathers, events)!
       67% (2 votes)
    2. EMS Contents like Veracent, and systems like Character Selection Screen button, Censoring System
       0% (0 votes)
    3. EMS contents only such as Veracent!
       0% (0 votes)
    4. EMS systems: random additional options, up to 25 star force, Flames of Rebirth without SOK trades
       33% (1 vote)
    5. EMS events only like: King's Day Festival, PMD, La Tomatina, Franch Revolution and more
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Bring EMS service back including how it was designed with systems, contents and events!
       0% (0 votes)
    7. I'm good with how the GMS game is now, nothing from EMS is needed
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    GoldAdventurer

- Please enable the use of Rebirth Flames, or obtaining equipments with random additional stats (not the potential parts which cubes are needed for it), including the reduction level for the equipment. It's available in MapleSEA and Maple Korea, previously intorduced in the original EMS.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    GoldAdventurer

- Please adopt the Character Selection Screen button, which greatly improved the whole gameplay. This will help to move to the character selection screen using the previous same world and channel. This feature is available in MapleSEA, too.
    I am an EMS player and since we have gMS built this function is removed. I loved it because it took me like 5 sec to re log and I am now frustrated when i have to Quit Game > Kradia > Channel 11 > Char > PIC.
    GoldAdventurer

EMS has such nice own events the Kingsday event is realy nice. The maps are based on a theme park in the Netherlands called the Efteling. It has a lot of magic features like "het sprookjes bos"(= the fairy-tale forest). And they implement it it in Maple so nice.
    GoldAdventurer
  • GreenSoap1GreenSoap1
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited October 2016
    I would like to see the return of the Mal Volence event (originally a MapleEurope event). We only had it one time here, and it's no doubt my favorite event of all time.

I loved logging in to EU just to play the events, they were so cool! I mean who could forget such awesome events like Oktorberfest, French Revolution, and Guy Fawkes?? ^^

I thought we had Nebulites instead of Flames. What we really need is to get rid of Gacha and get PIGMYYY instead :D Pigmy is awesome :))
    bumbertyr
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    GreenSoap1

I would like to see the return of the Mal Volence event (originally a MapleEurope event). We only had it one time here, and it's no doubt my favorite event of all time.

I loved logging in to EU just to play the events, they were so cool! I mean who could forget such awesome events like Oktorberfest, French Revolution, and Guy Fawkes?? ^^

I thought we had Nebulites instead of Flames. What we really need is to get rid of Gacha and get PIGMYYY instead :D Pigmy is awesome :))
    Pigmy is really nice. Going to Pigmy and he will poo an egg if you give him food. Then open it with an incubator. Such a nice idea.
  • PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited October 2016
    GreenSoap1

Pigmy is good, who doesnt want another Gachapon with more limitations and annoying steps?
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    I remember Brasil Maple Story had the pigmy system, we still had the classic RNG to get good or bad stuff(mostly avarage to bad stuff), it's basically like gachapon in the end f3.
    I don't think we need it, we already have gachapon anyway.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    GreenSoap1

i just want the guy fawkes mask :c
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    GoldAdventurer

I wish some things which were available in the original EMS client build will be included in the GMS client build such as some content and features.

- Please adopt the Character Selection Screen button, which greatly improved the whole gameplay. This will help to move to the character selection screen using the previous same world and channel. This feature is available in MapleSEA, too.

- Please add Veracent, which was a main unique content for the original Europe MapleStory. It is included in MapleSEA, too.

- Enabling the player see by himself the result of his chatting messages with the censored parts (a message to be shown with the ***) will be greatly appreciated and will help to improve the whole gameplay (this will help to put attention and change the message if got censored parts with ***). This was available in the original EMS. It is available in MapleSEA, too.
    This + the guild announcement system. But if PMD was introduced let people get a free run per day+ additional with reward points Oh and supreme world ,twin zakum anyone?
    Bahamut_X
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

GoldAdventurer

- Enabling the player see by himself the result of his chatting messages with the censored parts (a message to be shown with the ***) will be greatly appreciated and will help to improve the whole gameplay (this will help to put attention and change the message if got censored parts with ***). This was available in the original EMS. It is available in MapleSEA, too.
    This + the guild announcement system. But if PMD was introduced let people get a free run per day+ additional with reward points Oh and supreme world ,twin zakum anyone?
    supreme world would be nice, raid boss mano? yesplz.
    Bahamut_X
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I want supreme world so bad T_T
    bumbertyrCatoooloooBahamut_XWiceak
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2016
    I agree with flames. No idea about the Character Selection, and I think Veracent is overrated garbage.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    PirateIzzy

I agree with flames. No idea about the Character Selection, and I think Veracent is overrated garbage.
    Bringing back more party play zones most certainly isn't. It's a reason why many quit. Sure we have the low level maps but not ones past 14x
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    yes since EMS and GMs merging together. merge the events. SHARE THE WEALTH!
  • CoppersannCoppersann
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2016
    image Wear sausages and drink beer!
    chaoscauserGoldAdventurer
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    I would love if they could add the twilight Perion Maze, loved that grinding spot <3
  • NobleEvanNobleEvan
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited November 2016
    Yes. please do adopt EMS content.
    - Character selection screen
    - (old) veracent
    - Supreme was nice
    -PMD
    - Twin Zakum (but with slightly higher droprate please, because gaining maybe 1 armor and a few power elixers (with dropgear) is a bit.... too little) i still need a piece of equipment for my Mir
    - additional stats/flamed gear
    chaoscauserxAiolosGoldAdventurerPhantomMasterThief
  • WiceakWiceak
    Reactions: 1,210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    +1 for supreme world
    gamechangerBahamut_X
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    +1 for supreme world!
    gamechanger
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    I'd actually really like Veracent back. I was a little disappointed to get to level 100 on GMS and find out that it wasn't there, as great as the newer content is. I can understand the arguments for and against it, but I'm definitely on the 'for' side of that. It had some really good grind spots that lasted quite a few levels, the story wasn't bad, and it gave access to Kerberos which was a nice daily farm boss for around level 100-120ish, and the adroit gear sets you got from it were pretty good up until you get actual boss gear.
    chaoscauserMisterKrekel
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited November 2016
    True true, Veracent was truly great to train after lvl 100 and the Dim Light map gaaaaawd such a great map!