[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Inspectors

SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
Reactions: 1,185
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, I'm GbrOkenD and I have a good idea on how to improve the current state of reporting botters/advertisers/hackers etc.
Please read further if you're interested in a new approach, which might help banning botters/advertisers/hackers and rewarding the legit players at the same time.
Every player, if willing, will be asked to review a certain live report(a report by another player) once in a while, and be a Inspector.

We will do this if the Inspector (player) accepts to review a report. The Inspector will be moved to the particular location of the player who is reporting someone.
The Inspector has 30 seconds to make up his verdict, after that the Inspector will be moved back to their original location and will be asked to submit their verdict.

Inspectors can choose between a 2 options:
1. Insufficient Proof
2. Evident Beyond a Reasonable Doubt

If an Inspector clicked option 2 a new window will popup which checks if the reason of the verdict is the same as the original report.
(This has to be same, otherwise it will count as Insufficient Proof.)
1. Curse/Inappropriate Conduct
2. Report Use of Illegal Program
3. Advertising
4. Impersonating GM

(The other options from normal in game reporting are not included because they need more investigation then a 30 seconds frame, these kind of reports are not forwarded to Inspectors.)

10 players will submit their verdict as Investigator. if the Inspectors collectively agree on the report a (temporary) ban or mute will be issued.

You will get rewarded with Inspector Coins and a positive feedback message if you had an accurate report, which means there was a collective agreement (either Positive or Negative) among the other Inspectors of the report you reviewed.

Make the player feel valued by their pro-active attitude!
"A player recently Investigated by you got punished for their behaviour, thanks for helping out!"

Give the Investigators a shop where players can buy awesome items with their earned Inspector Points.

I think this idea is a good start on getting the server clean, and giving power to the community to help keeping the servers stable. Without chance of this system getting abused.
Please give feedback, and I would really love to hear from @Nexon to hear their thoughts on this base idea.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    Unfortunately...Nexon would have to be very very picky for something like this...but I doubt It would go through...because people can still abuse it somehow. :T
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited March 2017
    I tried to report a player for the first time in a while today to find out that when you go to the report player option it doesn't even allow you to chose the designated players IGN to submit the report. Unless they have to have some kind of chat involved for a name to be used in a report they might as well remove almost EVERY single other option there is when you select your reason for reporting them.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    I tried to report a player for the first time in a while today to find out that when you go to the report player option it doesn't even allow you to chose the designated players IGN to submit the report. Unless they have to have some kind of chat involved for a name to be used in a report they might as well remove almost EVERY single other option there is when you select your reason for reporting them.

It still allows you to select the name, you simply select the reason first.

If you select "Report use of Illegal Program", the list of users in the map will pop up automatically.

If you're reporting for a chat reason (I.E. curse words, cash trade, or advertising), you have always required them to chat first. Otherwise you have no evidence.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited March 2017
    Expected more interest. Thanks for the comments anyways.