[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Some questions about hackers

azzacuraazzacura
Reactions: 765
edited May 2017 in General Chat
I'm currently at lvl 170, trying to grind wih my friend for equipment boxes for the event. In almost every map and channel we go around our level, there is a blaze wizard hacking away. This is obviously very frustrating, and not only because this presents me with MANY grey areas concerning whether or not things are bannable. Here are some of my questions regarding hackers:

1. If there is a hacker who spawns an elite boss, should I get out of there to avoid a ban or can I kill the elite boss without worrying? And what about Elite monsters?
2. Is it allowed to frequently check the maps of active hackers for elite monsters so I can get easy boxes? And what about camping there (not doing anything but attack the elite monster)?
3. I know that you can get banned for picking up drops from hackers, but what if your pet has the Expired pick-up skill and it picks up everything as you walk past/kill an elite?
4. Why are the hackers always Blaze Wizards? And why are the ones selling mesos/nx in town always Angelic Busters?
5. Why is there a limit of 10 in-game reports a day? I can give you over 100 hackers' names in a day...
6. When I'm in a map with a hacker (even just walking past) I get the ingame message of illegal program detected and I sometimes get disconnected and sometimes I can just keep on playing. I rarely see the hackers get disconnected though. Why is this? I'm only using Maplestory and Firefox (for music) and nothing else, definately not hacking.
7. What maps are there for level 170-180 that have high monster spawn rate and AREN'T overrun by hackers? Future henesys is filled to the brim with hackers sometimes, and ToT has a low spawnrate. Kritias is just a little bit too high for us.

I hope you guys can help clear all these questions up for me, I have many more but tried to keep this topic hacker related.

Ps. If a mod reads this and finds one of my questions isn't allowed on the forum please remove that question and send me a message, don't just close this topic.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    1-3. According to the letter of the ToU, benefitting in any way from hacker activities can get you banned. That includes attacking the elites they spawn and looting their abandoned drops.
    The chances of you getting caught are pretty low (I mean, the hackers themselves are obviously going about their business unmolested) and even if you are you might be able to appeal it, but on the other hand, are you willing to risk your account on that low chance?

4. The hackers are always blaze wizards because the hackers have programs specifically tailored to their skills.
    Spam bots are usually Jetts, in my experience, because they have the fastest time from creation to ("do you want to skip the tutorial?") FM. If you're seeing Angelic Busters doing it then it's probably for the same reason.

5. The limit is so that malicious entities wouldn't spam Nexon with fake reports to prevent them from finding the real reports. I have no idea how effective that is.

6. Some of the hacking activities cause your client to lag enough to seem suspicious to the automated hack detection. The actual hackers are careful to create their programs in ways that trick or bypass said detection. Nexon can't keep up with them.

7. Alas, I don't know of anywhere safe from botters. They like high spawn and many elites too...
    azzacura
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    cat and mouse game of chasing blaze wizards is clearly not working. Nexon must come up with alternative solutions like preventing them from making accounts or patching the hacks or banning the accounts selling 100s of botting css/other elite drops (ie. Target their profit)

Then there's the real players botting and hacking which they seem to not have time for anymore...
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Just one note to add to Akradian's response:

Allot of high traffic maps won't have hackers because they consider them "Hotspots". You might find one or two in the channels, but you can usually train there without any disturbance. (Reboot is apparently a hot mess, so this might not hold true for some of the maps there).

You can get some Starforce on your gear and go to Armory 2. This is where I do my 170 > 180.

Hope this helps. ^^
    I don't know man, I use to believe this but botters seem pretty brazen these days (Reboot). Would see legitimate looking characters with good IGNS, part of a a guild, have royal hair and faces, and have NX equips, but bot openly with their teleporting pets in high traffic areas like MP3 and Ghost Ship.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited May 2017
    my suggestion is well actually i was going to say to submit a ticket to support yet since they arent THAT helpfull
    maybe if you asked somewhere else like redit maybe?
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017
    I don't know. Hackers take the spawns, why should they take all of the elites, too? May as well make use of it, I say.