[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I cannot log in.

Hryciuk365Hryciuk365
Reactions: 200
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
So, my account which I use to play the game has years and hours upon hours of memories, I logged in about six months ago and finally have time to play again and now I can't. Nothing works, no passwords I would've had for it work at all.

My brother made the account for me when I was younger, and the email associated with it is long gone, I think hotmail deletes idle email addresses. So I'm hoping Nexon can change the email for me, but what gives? I never changed any information and could log on just fine before, and now I can't

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Nexon changed the login process so you can no longer use your Nexon ID (username), but have to use the email address associated with the account.
    If the email address has never been "verified" (Nexon sends you mail with a link you need to click), then you won't be able to log in.

Contact Customer Support (you might need to create a new account for this) and tell them that the email to your old account no longer exists. (Don't tell them your brother made the account, since "account sharing" is not allowed).
    They have a procedure they go through to ascertain that you're the real owner of the account: they ask you some questions and they ask for a government-issued ID (the name on it doesn't have to match the name on the account), and then they will change the email address to whatever you tell them.

Good luck.
  • Hryciuk365Hryciuk365
    edited May 2017
    Well then I might be out of luck.

I told them he made it for me since I was young but never specified if he used it which he didn't.

But the email doesn't exist anymore hotmail says. I also send them the correct information and showed them my photo ID / drivers license.

I know what the original email is, it just won't let me log into it nor my Nexon account anymore.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    You gave them all the info and ID and they wouldn't change the account's email?
  • Hryciuk365Hryciuk365
    edited May 2017
    My bad.

I haven't gotten a response yet but I gave them my main characters name, the email, the name and birthday on the account, and my ID which is what it asked for.

But since I mentioned my brother made the account for me I assume I'm SOL?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Hryciuk365 wrote: »
    My bad.

I haven't gotten a response yet but I gave them my main characters name, the email, the name and birthday on the account, and my ID which is what it asked for.

But since I mentioned my brother made the account for me I assume I'm SOL?

We'll have to wait and see.

Good luck.
  • Hryciuk365Hryciuk365
    edited May 2017
    Guess so. Thanks for the help! People like you are what I miss about the game!