[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The harp in Eliza's Rage is pretty broken

MattyMatty
Reactions: 2,120
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary: After the harp locks you into place (Is this supposed to happen? I don't remember it ever working this way) some notes become unplayable.

More details: Went to do Eliza's Rage quest for fame and was getting frustrated when I found I couldn't press the "A" note. After changing channels a few times and flash-jumping down to the harp I noticed the A note was briefly clickable until about a second after you hit the ground. After a bit of testing I found out it was due to the harp's character lock range. Anyway, while the unclickable note is usually A, sometimes one or two others will be unclickable in it's place as seen in my video. 100% recreation rate on 2 different characters. Video link:

Steps to reproduce: Try playing the harp on the same level it's on. Your character will usually lock into place while one or more notes will become unplayable and the clickboxes for the others will become distorted. If you unlock your character and move to the ground floor below the harp (or anywhere outside the lock range), every note will return to normal.

Character name: FluffyMatty

Character level: 121

Character job: Mihile

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: ~2:45 AM

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)
JettLuvsU

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I feel like all NPC clickboxes are messed up recently (since V patch or thereabouts).
    Mostly they've shrunk.
    For example, when I'm trying to click on shop or storage NPC's, I have to move my mouse around quite a bit until I find the one small area that's clickable. It also seems to depend, to some extent, on where you're standing. I might try to make a video after the maintenance.
    Anyway, this may be a specific case of that. I can't remember whether the character always used to be locked in place during this part of the quest, or not.