Every hairstyle in Maplestory is sprited in 8 colors: Black, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and brown.
In addition, the item "Mix Dye Hair Coupon" allows the user to mix any two of the listed colors, in any proportion desired, to create a unique shade of their own.
Problems with the current situation
1. White hair color does not have its own color-slot. Some styles are available in white, but in those cases, White replaces some other color. For example, the famous White Evan Hair is in the "Green" slot. This means that hairstyle is not available in green.
This also means that if a character has white Evan Hair and then uses a hairstyle coupon to get another style, their hair will become green instead of keeping its white color.
2. Some hairstyles, like the two pictured above, have colors that are vivid and saturated. Others have gentler, pastel shades, like Metrosexual:
Users have no control over this. If a player would like their character to have jet-black Metrosexual hair, they can't.
1. Add White as a color in its own right.
2. Make all hairstyles have saturated colors, as a base.
3. Add White as an option to Mix Dye Hair Coupon. This will enable people who like pastel-toned hair, to mix their hair color with white until it's as light as they like it.
I am aware that this is not a trivial change. It would require:
1. Creating new White sprites for all existing hairstyles.
2. Recoloring all existing delicate-colored hairstyles.
3. Setting the hair color of existing characters (including saved hairstyles) to a mix with white which most closely approximates the pastel color they had before the change.
However, I believe that the change would be worth the effort. It would give players much more freedom to customize their appearance, and reason to spend more on getting their hair just the way they like it.
and 7 others.