[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Return of the MadHouse event?

MrJuggal0MrJuggal0
Reactions: 1,200
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since Halloween is almost right around the corner, and the Halloween surprise style box and Dark Lords of Darkness is likely to return (THOSE DARK TOTEMS SHALL BE MINE >:D), I wanted to make a suggestion to also consider another event, even though it may sound a little last minute.

I would like to suggest a return of the Madhouse/Asylum event. If anybody may be unfamiliar with this event, it was an event released alongside Dark Lords of Darkness back in 2015. Patch notes that go into specifics about it is here >> http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/4369

*The following information is a personal opinion, so you are free to disagree as you please*.

I liked this event because it was something unique and something I was willing to invest a lot of time into. Collecting the 20 pages of the diary, and the additional 8 for what I would like to call "The Lost Episode Journal" of the event, as well as finding the exit to the place for the first time was somewhat of an achievement before I was able to figure out the system and farmed the coins. The rewards shop also had some decent items in it, some examples include, but not limited to:

Three event associated chairs with the event: One where you were standing with Orderly, and some where you're strapped to a chair, which I thought were pretty nice.

Three totems depicting the Mad Doctor, the Female Assistant, and the Orderly, which were nice because they had a special effect where a sprite of the respective totem would hover over the player, similar to how the Sengoku high totems worked, but minus the special skill unlocked when you acquire all 3.

Even the end rewards from it were decent. You got a mount that glides similar to the old Black Heaven Mount, and a title called 'Troubled Child' which was stat-wise,' better than the default Superior Hunter title from Silent Crusade, which would be good for those that want to replace Superior Hunter, and for those that missed the shot for the 'Holy Pink Beanity' Title. Maybe throw in an epic pot scroll and a Nodestone Coupon - transferable x amount of Nodestones across an account - on top of the original rewards, and it can be something worth grinding for.

I don't know about everybody else that partook in the event, but I was able to get lucky and finish the entire diary, plus the "Lost Episode" journal, bought the Mad doctor totem, and bought all the chairs. Now that there is more content than there was 2 years ago when it first released, the shop can be revamped to add more items such as Epic pots, stamps, Nodestones, and maybe some new, event unique items like headgear, and -just my personal pitch for an item to be added - A Troubled Child Android that comes with its own permanent Android heart, to compensate for those that may have missed the Wondroid event. The android heart and roid would either be the most expensive item in the shop, or added as a reward when you get all 20 pages, or maybe better as a reward for getting the 20 pages + the additional 8 from the mad child journal.

This may seem like a last minute post, and it is highly unlikely that this will not be seen by the developers, let alone the forum, and I can understand that, but it would be nice to see this event return because I personally thought this was one of the only events where I actually WANTED to grind the heck out of it. I thought the idea behind it was original for Maplestory and it gave me some vibes from the old Prendergrast Mansion in NLC. Maybe it can be released beyond Halloween, if it must, since it is pretty much a mystery/suspense that can fit in really any other month, and it had some nice BGM and soundtracks to it that really captured that old direlict Insane Asylum, similar to an atmosphere found in Outlast.

This is just an idea pitch, but to mention again, it would be nice to see this event make a return in the future.
  1. Would you like to see this event return someday in the future?5 votes
    1. Yes, I would like to see this event make a return in the future.
       80% (4 votes)
    2. No.
       20% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    It is far too late to suggest this. They decide what to put in patches months in advance.

However, you are lucky, and "sources" say that Madhouse is coming back this Halloween.
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    It is far too late to suggest this. They decide what to put in patches months in advance.

However, you are lucky, and "sources" say that Madhouse is coming back this Halloween.

Odds are that Madhouse now became a yearly event similar to Dark Lords of Darkness. If I may forward my own suggestion on behalf of MrJuggal0, I would consider more events such as Carlton's Mustache becoming yearly since it is easy to miss out on them and make rare items practically impossible to obtain.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Odds are that Madhouse now became a yearly event similar to Dark Lords of Darkness. If I may forward my own suggestion on behalf of MrJuggal0, I would consider more events such as Carlton's Mustache becoming yearly since it is easy to miss out on them and make rare items practically impossible to obtain.

Madhouse didn't happen in 2016 because Secret Stories was the Halloween spotlight that year. As a matter of fact, how about we get Madhouse every odd year and Secret Stories every even year?