[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

[BUG] Cane got unnecessary sound effect post nova

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 2,075
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: sfx,gameplay

Brief bug summary: phantom cane normal attack has a hit sound effect

More details: phantoms cane normal attack has a hit sound effect ( it came from JMS ) When phantoms use normal attack with a cane there shouldn't be any hit sound effect

Steps to reproduce:

1.make a phantom
2.use a normal attack and hear the sound effect ( the normal attack dosen't supposed to have a hit sound effect it's supposed to be silent )

Phantom normal attack doesn't suppoed to have a hit sound effect on normal attack:
(this is the bugged where the cane has a hit sound)

it's supposed to be like this, silent:
(this is how it's supposed to sound like, silent )
the cane didn't have a hit sound effect in gms up untill the nova patch.

Here's how the cane suppoed to sound like ( normal hits are silent but skills have sound ) :
( this is THMS which is identical to KMS )

Here's how the cane sounds like after the nova update:
( this is GMS, the cane sound effect came from JMS ,which is the only version that had this before the nova patch hit GMS )

The cane hit sound effect interferes with the skills sound effects, it adds an unnecessary additional sound when using skills.

Skills that cane hit sound effect interferes:
1. Double Entendre
2. Calling Card
3. Mille Cartes
4. Blason
5. Rapier Wit
6. Penombre
7. Carte Rose Finale

And cane regular attackes also should not have a hit sound.
( the cane hit sound effect should be removed, as it's not present in kms as well to not cause any future problems )

Character name:irrelevant

Character level:irrelevant

Character job:irrelevant

World name:irrelevant

Date and time of the incident: since V.190 NOVA Update

YinYangX

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I'm really not sure what you're talking about... my Phantom has always had the sound effect when using a normal attack. Have you finally taken the SFX off mute or something...? :D
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Mira wrote: »
    I'm really not sure what you're talking about... my Phantom has always had the sound effect when using a normal attack. Have you finally taken the SFX off mute or something...? :D

phantoms never had a sound effect when you just use normal attack
    this is a bug, i always play with sound effects on.

ps. the second video has the correct silent sound or no sound for the normal attack ( both videos have sfx on and music off )

pps. i have played phantom for years i know my phantom as good as i know the back of my hand.

i just turned off the music to make the sound clearer.

the first video is after the nova update: phantoms got a hit sound when using normal attack

the second video is how the cane suppoed to be when using a normal attack silent

the hit sound comes from jms as that is the only version of maple story that had this ( no gms has it and i dislike it it interferes with skill sounds, because the cane is meant to be silent )

here's how double entendre sounds like normally: ( skip to 4:44 )

here's how it sounds like with the cane hit sound bug:
    ( notice how the hit sounds interferes with the skill sound itself, the can hit sound used to be silent up untill the v.190 nova update )

TL;DR: Phantom cane weapon normal attack hit sound is supposed to be silent, there shoulden't be any sound when just pressing normal attack while not hitting anything.

Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    *Edit: Added 2 new videos to further demonstrate the problem.
    (they are in the thread itself not in the comment above me )
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 2,285
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Wow, great job for making such a heavily detailed report. Thank you!
    I'll get this forwarded along with the other related Nova patch bugs.
    PhantomMasterThiefYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 11
    I know that this was on the Known Issues after the Nova update, but please don't forget about this. :)