[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer Has Lag Spikes After Killing Monsters

ArborenArboren
Reactions: 510
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
Hi! :)

Bug type: Class Functionality.

Brief bug summary: Whenever a Beast Tamer player kills more than three monsters, the player experiences a minor lag spike. The duration of this lag spike depends on the number of monsters killed (if you kill ten monsters for example the lag spike will last longer compared to if you only kill three monsters).

More details:
This issue is only affecting the Beast Tamer class. I tested if killing multiple monsters would result in a similar lag spike in different classes, but they are all running perfectly smoothly, even after killing multiple monsters. This is only affecting Beast Tamers as far as I know.

One reason as to why I think this issue is occurring might be because of the way EXP accumulation is working on this class. In areas such as Muto Party Quest on Chuchu Island, the monsters themselves do not give any EXP, and its interesting to note that Beast Tamer runs smoothly without any lag spikes after killing monsters there. The same can be said for Dream Defender, and Beast Tamer does not have lag spikes after killing monsters there either. However it is also interesting to note that the lag spikes occur when killing monsters that give EXP. In maps where there is a -100% EXP reduction (due to not activating a rune), Beast Tamer runs perfectly smooth. Because of this I think the issue lies on the way EXP accumulation is currently working on Beast Tamers.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Kill multiple monsters on a Beast Tamer (at least three or more, killing more will show the spike a lot more clearly). Using skills such as Three Point Pounce, Really Deep Breath, Fishy Slap, Party Time, and Table Flip will help show the spike clearly.

Character name: Not needed.

Character level: Not needed.

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Not needed

Date and time of the incident: It's difficult to know how long this issue has lasted. A rough estimate would be about one to two years.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• ArborenArboren
    edited December 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

Can anyone else reproduce this issue?

My friend went on their Beast Tamer to help me test if this issue was present for them, and it was. We also thought that this issue might be occurring on all GMS exclusive classes (such as Kanna, Hayato, and Jett), but from what we tested those classes seem to be working completely fine without the lag spike issue after killing multiple monsters. This issue seems to be only affecting Beast Tamers.
    I think the root of the issue is the way EXP is being accumulated on this class, as (from what I tested) only monsters that give EXP seem to be causing the lag spike. In the maps with a -100% EXP penalty (due to not activating a rune), Beast Tamer doesn't experience any lag spikes, probably because the monsters in those maps don't reward EXP.
    This issue makes training very tedious as every time the player kills a group of monsters, the screen freezes for a brief moment.
    Thanks! :)
  • ArborenArboren
    edited January 2018
    This issue is still present with the New Year Showdown Update.

I did some more testing and found out that this lag also occurs when a party member kills multiple monsters. I went into a map with a friend, who started killing monsters. I was not in a party with them, and the game was running smoothly (I was not attacking monsters, my friend was). However, after partying them I started to experience lag spikes after they started to kill multiple monsters. This is most likely due to the monsters my friend killed giving me EXP as well since we were in a party, and leads me to believe that the way EXP is being accumulated on Beast Tamer is what's causing this lag after killing monsters.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Do you have a quest active that counts your kills?
    Do you have a pet auto-looting (or does your friend have one, when they do the killing)?
  • ArborenArboren
    edited January 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Do you have a quest active that counts your kills?
    Do you have a pet auto-looting (or does your friend have one, when they do the killing)?
    Hi! :)
    I checked if there were any active quests that count kills in my quest tab, but there are none. I also checked to see if there was a medal quest that could be causing this lag as well, but there was no active one in progress that counted kills. This lag also occurs without pet auto-looting on.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2018
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.
    AndresKine