[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Start doing maintenance at midnight.

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
3 Hours to do all 9 haste missions, that seems not fair.

Old Reset Time: 12 A PST/PDT
Current: 3 P PST/PDT

Old Game downtime start: 3A-5A PDT
Current: Still 3A-5A??

Since you feel it's right to inconvenience players it's only right to inconvenience your own work hours to make it right for the players. Start maintenances and updates from now on at the earliest at Midnight PST/PDT or to be 100% fair, as early as 4PM PST/PDT to match up with the recent time changes, as you claim to work this game on the UTC the company should also adjust itself to match up to this. (Yes I realize a 4PM maintenance/game update will further inconvenience players and thus proves the point that players have been making since day 1 that UTC was official that UTC is garbage)

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Not to mention, the current maintenance times, are Really bad for Non US Players ( not for everyone, but for me personally and some other timezones )
    Ie: Todays maintenance: was going from 3 PM - 10 PM ( in my timezone )

Nexon should find a time that works mostly for everyone, this is after all Global MapleStory.
  • MhatMhat
    Reactions: 640
    edited January 2018
    Considering all the time zones I don't think its possible to find a time where there wouldn't be problems for certain players.

Aswell as people play at different times of the day. Depending on school and work.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I'm pretty sure the maintenances are scheduled to be at the time of day with lowest player activity. Not because Nexon cares about us, but because they care about their player-hour meters.
    This is also the reason why normal maintenances start at 7AM (and end at 10AM), but longer game updates start at 6 or even 5AM. You think it's convenient for Nexon staff to come in the office at 5AM? They do it because they (or rather, their bosses) want to get the update done and the game up by the time Americans (which are still the majority of players) get home from school.

You are right that these maintenance hours present a problem when combined with the UTC reset.
    The correct solution is to simply not start events that have a daily component on patch day.