[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make all bosses have lucid-like loot stage

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

Just wanted to suggest making all bosses (except those not affected by drop rate anyway) have a 5 minute loot stage after killing them to allow the party to put on drop rate gear (edit:) and where you kill a box for loot like in lucid.

For example: maybe after defeating lotus there's some kind of black heaven themed loot container to destroy and so on for other bosses.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Bosses do have a 5 minute loot stage after defeating them. This was a change made in v.190

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/26707/updated-v-190-nova-liberation-of-cadena-patch-notes#game
    Upon clearing the following bosses, a 5-minute time limit has been added to obtain the rewards before leaving:
    • Zakum (Easy, Normal, Chaos)
    • Horntail (Easy, Normal, Chaos)
    • OMNI-CLN
    • Von Leon (Easy, Normal, Hard)
    • Hilla (Normal, Hard)
    • Arkarium (Easy, Normal)
    • Pink Bean (Normal, Chaos)
    • Cygnus (Easy, Normal)
    • Magnus (Easy, Normal, Hard)
    • Pierre (Normal, Chaos)
    • Von Bon (Normal, Chaos)
    • Crimson Queen (Normal, Chaos)
    • Vellum (Normal, Chaos)
    • Lotus (Normal, Hard)
    • Damien (Normal, Hard)
    • Lucid (Normal, Hard)
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Bosses do have a 5 minute loot stage after defeating them. This was a change made in v.190

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/26707/updated-v-190-nova-liberation-of-cadena-patch-notes#game
    Upon clearing the following bosses, a 5-minute time limit has been added to obtain the rewards before leaving:
    • Zakum (Easy, Normal, Chaos)
    • Horntail (Easy, Normal, Chaos)
    • OMNI-CLN
    • Von Leon (Easy, Normal, Hard)
    • Hilla (Normal, Hard)
    • Arkarium (Easy, Normal)
    • Pink Bean (Normal, Chaos)
    • Cygnus (Easy, Normal)
    • Magnus (Easy, Normal, Hard)
    • Pierre (Normal, Chaos)
    • Von Bon (Normal, Chaos)
    • Crimson Queen (Normal, Chaos)
    • Vellum (Normal, Chaos)
    • Lotus (Normal, Hard)
    • Damien (Normal, Hard)
    • Lucid (Normal, Hard)

From the "drop gear" part of his post (and the last sentence), I'm assuming he means he wants the bosses to have a box spawn after the boss is killed, rather than the bosses exploding into the loot when they die. Like Crimson Queen. Maybe Pierre and/or Von Bon too? Can't remember.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    This should be handy as you won't need to change to your drop gear when the boss is near its last breath. Players can switch from their HP familiars and use any drop multipliers safely. I like this idea :D.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    edited for the obviously needed additional clarity.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    This is a nice idea.
    Lilyflower
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited January 2018
    the whole concept of drop rate gear is wrong in my opinion . having to make 2 sets. instead there shiould be a party member who is support and focus his items on drop rate to increase the party drop rate and rest of party are killers who focus on damage. else i dont see a point in droprate items or support this game became too much a solo game sometimes feel like a single player game .. with bad graphic i cant even find the words to say how bad is the shape of this game right now. in my opinion you should decide if you weant drop rate increase or damage or instead have both but adding someone to your party.