[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Click one item, a different one gets used

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
When you double-click an item in the USE inventory, usually it gets activated.
But sometimes, it's not that specific item that gets activated. Instead, the first such item in inventory does.

For example, the current Daily Hong Bao items do it. If you have several of them in your inventory, then no matter which one you click, the first in inventory will get used up. https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/7x5cpj/psa_daily_hong_baos_will_use_up_the_item_in_the/

Needless to say, this can be quite frustrating. I intentionally double-click on the one with the nearest expiration date, only to have another one get used up. With some items, the "other one" that gets used up can even be a permanent one I had been saving for a rainy day.

I'm not posting this as a bug report because it seems to be intended behavior, even though Nexon themselves seem aware that it's counter-intuitive. For inventory slot expansions, they added this warning message:
5DVpIYB.png
But for other items, there is no warning.

Note that not all items exhibit this behavior. For many items, the one you click is the one that gets used up.

Items that use the one you clicked:
- EXP/Drop coupons
- cubes
- potential stamps
- scrolls

Items that use the first in inventory:
- Inventory expansions
- Reward Point tokens
- Honor Medals
- Nodestones
- Bounty Hunter pouches
- Elite Boss boxes
- Daily Hong Bao
- Mix Dye coupons

My suggestion is that all items be made to follow the expected, intuitive, behavior of using the one you clicked on. If that's not possible, then at least add a warning similar to the one pictured above.

Comments

• OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    For some items (like reward point tokens, medals of honor, bounty hunter pouches, elite boss boxes), I'd prefer to just repeatedly click the very last one and have them be consumed one by one. It's a very minor convenience, I admit, but one I'd rather have, and without a warning to take up more time than necessary.

I think a better solution would be to make it so items are sorted by expiration date when you use the auto-sort function, or if it automatically used the item with the closest expiration date.
    YinYangXcarmenpop22