[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When customer support is programmed and nerfed

Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
Reactions: 1,255
edited February 2018 in Rants and Raves
Hi everybody,

Perhaps some of you ever had a chance to look for the help from customer support of Maplestory. Well, how do you feel that? Was your problem resolved or it is still going on with non-resolution date? Here is my short story and suffer from this customer support.
I have been playing Maplestory since year 2005 and I started playing EMS since 2015 Oct. till now. Well, too much to say, hard to describe so many things that I have gone through. But my unfair treatment started when l lost my item which was 17th of Dec. 2017. Below is what happened.

After DMT, there was an update which was on 17th Dec. 2017. What happened to me? The item is called superior gollux ring with double Legendary potentials (main potential has 30% dex) and 5 scolled + 12 stars. During DMT, l spent more than 500$ on cubing and this item did cost me a lot of cubes for getting bonus legendary potential and so on. I bought it from one of my friends as clean item. And when l was doing the starforce for higher stars, it boomed. Then l bought a new one from auction house and replaced with the boomed crystal. Then, this item was lost, in the beginning l thought some of other characters had it, but after checking all characters, l concluded that the item was lost for no particular reason. How absurd it is!!

Since it is high value item anyway, so l sent a ticket to the customer support with all what l know about this item provided, such as item stats, main potential line stat, bonus potential line stat and also the starforce and scroll usage, and most important information is when the item was lost approximately. So the ticket was sent, and l started waiting patiently. After few days, l got reply saying l have to wait more days, then l wait. And after one week, l was told the same to wait and wait. Then after one month, l talked with support team online for my suffer, and they said they would escalate this issue to the game item to look for my item, so l believed. And l have again provided all the information about my items to other, and they told me to wait patiently, so l did (This is what l can only do, wait and wait, l hate that). Then another month was gone, and yesterday l chatted with online customer support again, guess what happened? The same story rolled back again and l was told again to wait. What customer support has explained is that this issue is very complicated, it takes time to resolve. When l tried to explain about my concerns, the chat was closed saying that too many queries have been asked. Then another customer support, the same answer, then closed due to my queries. Then 3rd, 4th and 5th. All these people said the same stuff, it has been 2 months on this issue, how long do l have to wait any longer? They told me that the estimated time of resolution is unable to be provided, what l can do is to wait. Then l asked again, is it possible to resolve this issue till end of April? Guess what they said, they said that the issue is very complicated, and we can not provide you the fix date? What the hell? 4 months can not handle a single case? Are you guys snail or tortoise? Sorry, the snails and tortoises are actually faster on this matter. Can you imagine for single issue, you are asked to wait for such long time? This customer support can not even promise you to resolve this issue in another 2 months, which totally 4 month time? How do you feel about that? If you work in an company, is this your attitude towards what you do? Dont you feel guilty for what you are doing? All the online customer support just copy and paste the same thing over and over? Does it make any sense? What are you guys doing in this company? You are paid and you should get your work done. And what you do is to resolve the player issue. Since when players are such worthless to you? Cant you all see how many players have quitted this game? Look with your eyeballs. Is this the way how you treat your clients? If one issue takes 4 months, then for 10 same issues, it will take years to resolve it? Are you fking kidding me? Look at the prices in fm and auction house, look at all the hackers destroying the game, what do you guys do? Just sitting in the office and drink coffee and gossip about your new boyfriend or girlfriend? Is this what you do? Dont you feel bad for yourself? Is there any meaning in your life to really do something? But l believe in some the company, it may have below screen:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ufwnRVmgEWU

Please maplestory higher authority look deeply into this issue, we players need respect, we dont need these programmed customer support like robots repeating doing the same thing and still getting paid. We need humans, alive person to take actions and pay attentions to players' concern, otherwise this game will collapse one day for sure.

PS: this post may sound harsh for a little bit, but it is what we really feel. It is our voices not shouting, please start doing something to bring back more players and harmony in this game. We all should be responsible for what we do so that our value as a human is embodied

HolyWaters

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Wonder what the supposed issue is. Don't they usually outright give you the information if you did something silly to your item, like NPC it, drop it, or use a booming scroll on it?
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited February 2018
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Wonder what the supposed issue is. Don't they usually outright give you the information if you did something silly to your item, like NPC it, drop it, or use a booming scroll on it?

I thought so, but then l realized l wont do that kind of actions, like dropping or boomed one high value item.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    I thought so, but then l realized l wont do that kind of actions, like dropping or boomed one high value item.

You say that, but people do so all the time. It's actually a point of contention that support doesn't restore player items for in-game actions, such as dropping or NPC-selling.

There are a few distinct possibilities:
    • You could have the item, and you just can't see it. Don't dismiss it immediately; inventories get crowded over time and even I'm guilty of overlooking the item I'm trying to find.
    • The item was deleted because you put it in storage right as the server went down, or something of the sort; this is a more recent issue, but if you perform certain actions right as a maintenance starts the data can be potentially lost as it's being transmitted to the server. This is why Nexon and related fansites advise you to log off at least 10 minutes before the game goes down, on top of Nexon typically giving ample warning in-game prior to maintenance. In this case, it's less like they won't help you recover the item and more like they physically cannot help you recover the item (the data was lost en route, they can't recover data that isn't there).
    • The item was cleared in a recent dupe wipe. Less likely, but Nexon has occasionally wiped items which have been duplicated, regardless of who is in possession of the item at the time and what has been done to the item. This is a more hardcore anti-dupe stance and players have mixed feelings about it. In this case, Nexon isn't likely to restore anything lost, but they do offer advice on staying safe when making high-level transactions (a Superior Gollux Ring, being a powerful item with only one per character, is definitely a high-level transaction).

My bets would be on the second option being the most likely; if you did something like storing the ring right before the game went down, the data may have been lost as the game went down. This is unfortunate, but it's not really possible to recover the item (for instance, even if they gave you a clean version of the item, players would potentially abuse the support system to obtain free Gollux rings).

My personal advice aside, I'm not entirely certain what The Wolf of Wallstreet has to do with any of this, and it's not entirely clear what you're trying to do other than rant about your item being gone. I'm moving this to the rave section.
  • HolyWatersHolyWaters
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, I have to agree customer support doesn't seem great these days. I still get the impression it's automated to an extent.

Hey hey, Maplestory a game for bots, run by bots. (Humor)
    Traveler5577
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited February 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

You say that, but people do so all the time. It's actually a point of contention that support doesn't restore player items for in-game actions, such as dropping or NPC-selling.

There are a few distinct possibilities:
    • You could have the item, and you just can't see it. Don't dismiss it immediately; inventories get crowded over time and even I'm guilty of overlooking the item I'm trying to find.
    • The item was deleted because you put it in storage right as the server went down, or something of the sort; this is a more recent issue, but if you perform certain actions right as a maintenance starts the data can be potentially lost as it's being transmitted to the server. This is why Nexon and related fansites advise you to log off at least 10 minutes before the game goes down, on top of Nexon typically giving ample warning in-game prior to maintenance. In this case, it's less like they won't help you recover the item and more like they physically cannot help you recover the item (the data was lost en route, they can't recover data that isn't there).
    • The item was cleared in a recent dupe wipe. Less likely, but Nexon has occasionally wiped items which have been duplicated, regardless of who is in possession of the item at the time and what has been done to the item. This is a more hardcore anti-dupe stance and players have mixed feelings about it. In this case, Nexon isn't likely to restore anything lost, but they do offer advice on staying safe when making high-level transactions (a Superior Gollux Ring, being a powerful item with only one per character, is definitely a high-level transaction).

My bets would be on the second option being the most likely; if you did something like storing the ring right before the game went down, the data may have been lost as the game went down. This is unfortunate, but it's not really possible to recover the item (for instance, even if they gave you a clean version of the item, players would potentially abuse the support system to obtain free Gollux rings).

My personal advice aside, I'm not entirely certain what The Wolf of Wallstreet has to do with any of this, and it's not entirely clear what you're trying to do other than rant about your item being gone. I'm moving this to the rave section.

Well, what l am saying is that the no matter which possibilities is, the customer support is not really doing anything to resolve the problem. One high value item is gone, at least l need to know how it was lost. If it was really what you said as 2nd possibilities, then it is my fault and l learnt my lesson. But now everything is not clear, and my appeal was pending for 2 months, of course l have to be given a clear statement from game official. Is it not clear? The Wolf of Wallstreet here indicates that some people are not doing anything in their position, that is why l said be responsible for what you do. Why do you keep player waiting for such long time to resolve this single issue? Can this be considered into sort of compensation for us?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Well, what l am saying is that the no matter which possibilities is, the customer support is not really doing anything to resolve the problem. One high value item is gone, at least l need to know how it was lost. If it was really what you said as 2nd possibilities, then it is my fault and l learnt my lesson. But now everything is not clear, and my appeal was pending for 2 months, of course l have to be given a clear statement from game official. Is it not clear? The Wolf of Wallstreet here indicates that some people are not doing anything in their position, that is why l said be responsible for what you do. Why do you keep player waiting for such long time to resolve this single issue? Can this be considered into sort of compensation for us?

There are some issues that take priority beyond identifying why a particular item was lost.
    Alternatively, they could just not know. Experiences with customer support, for any service and not just Maple, can range from straightforward responses in a day to issues that are never resolved.

I can't pretend that I know what happened and why, but I can give you my personal advice on what I think might help.
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    edited February 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

There are some issues that take priority beyond identifying why a particular item was lost.
    Alternatively, they could just not know. Experiences with customer support, for any service and not just Maple, can range from straightforward responses in a day to issues that are never resolved.

I can't pretend that I know what happened and why, but I can give you my personal advice on what I think might help.

Thank you for your concern. The thing is that l have been told to wait for the upcoming reply about lost item for 2 months now. Till today, no any update concerning this issue. Not only me but l guess many people would start wondering why this issue is pending for such long time.. When l talked with one of the customer support staff, l suppose that this issue could be resolved in another 2 months. Guess what? He or she can not even say anything that issue can be resolved. From game point of view, how long do we have to wait for one problem to be resolved? Is this efficiency really such low? What are the game team members doing during the day? Is it really difficult to look into this issue since it has taken 2 months now? Nobody pushes the game team to improve their work progress? Instead, the customer support just repeats saying the same thing to comfort us, but is this really a way to resolve the issue? Or it is just making stories till I give up on asking for this lost item? How do they expect a player to wait for few months for this issue? And l described in my ticket, l spent a lot of really life money to cube this items, so it is the priority to take this issue into high consideration. To me, it is big loss, isn't it? To customer support, they actually do not do anything. On the surface, it seems to be caring and friendly, but behind no actions are taken. I am not ranting and raving here, I just spoke what l really feel about this so-called customer support. Don't get me wrong, l am not accusing anybody here but rising my concerns to what l have experienced.