[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Long haitus - Characters replaced

WindGWindG
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
Wanted to come back to Maple after quitting a few years ago. I couldn't remember my password and had it reset with my email. Upon logging in, I see that all of my characters were replaced with two characters with unique # IDs. Is there any way that I can get them back?

Also, my Vindictus characters are missing as well. Idk if this is related.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    A few years ago we had a name-clearing event, where all characters on accounts that hadn't logged in since 2013 (I think) were renamed with numbers as you described. You can try asking Customer Support to change them back.
    If you say you used to have more/other characters, you might be on the wrong account (which would also explain why your Vindictus chars are missing). Try to remember whether you had other emails you might have used for Maplestory.
  • WindGWindG
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2018
    I searched my characters in the rankings and they are still there as I left them, so I don't think they got renamed.

What I think might be the issue is that the email that I used for Maple was deleted/disabled ( I was receiving a lot of spam and password change emails ) and as a result, must have removed the linked email from my account because it no longer existed. Just my theory... :/

I only remade/re-enabled the email because I had to recover my lost password.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    If your characters haven't been renamed, you can try to recover control of the account by contacting support. Make a ticket (customer support request) and explain that you've forgotten the email of your account.
    You'll have to answer quite a few questions to establish that you are, in fact, the owner of that account. But if you manage to convince the GM of that, they will change the email to whatever you tell them.