[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is this normal?

MaskedTheVeteranMaskedTheVeteran
Reactions: 200
edited April 2018 in Tech Support
Hey, so today there was a maintenance and I am trying to update the game right now. When I click ''Play'', it starts installing all the 10.8GB of data of the game, not just the update. Is this normal? I haven't been on Maplestory for years now, decided to return.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2018
    The patch is ~697 MB in size.

Installing the data is (relatively) normal (my game is doing so now, and many programs simply overwrite all available files when updating) and will not eat up your data (the installation should be extremely quick).
    Downloading the 10GB is not normal, however no one has been able to pin down an exact cause or been able to reliably replicate the issue. Evidence suggests that it may be a registry issue.

jgkqCN8.png
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Is it downloading the full game ? ( i also clicked on "Update" )
    ffZVwsc.png
  • MaskedTheVeteranMaskedTheVeteran
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2018
    Yes, it is redownloading(I assume) the whole game. So is it a common issue right now?
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    No, it doesn't supposed to happen.
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited April 2018
    I've noticed that this tends to happen to the majority of 'updates'.
    It might have something to do with the location of the folder not being detected by the launcher.