[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How's Kanna

TimeLostTimeLost
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
I don't really keep up with news, an i'm a returning player, but i looked at announcements tab about Kanna recently, skimmed thru it, but did they fix Haku's Blessing? is it self only? is she weak? Since i just made a kanna, used my burning selector on her, but i wanted to know if she's okay or under-powered. Basically i want to know if i should be putting my time elsewhere or not.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    Still a party buff, but the magic attack boost is now flat increase rather than a % increase.
    (example, haku fan has 300 matt, it now give +150 magic attack instead of +150% magic attack)
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    Haku is still a party buff but gives only gives flat magic attack.
    Nerf halved her range, making her go from slightly below par to significantly below par.

Nowadays, most people use her as a kishin mule (on a sperate computer) or they make a suicide Kanna on their main account to meso farm (they keep it around Level 150 to get the best rates at MP3 and other similar maps).

I don't suggest maining her unless you truly enjoy the class, as it takes a very significant commitment.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited June 2018
    I main a kanna and honestly, feels bad man. I'm a lvl 189 with only 16k range BUFFED. 14k without buffs. That's...honestly really BAD. If I hadn't invested so much time, effort, (and honestly some tears at being embarrassed about how weak and useless I am) I would main something else. Honestly, I think when some of my items run past their expire date, I will probably abandon it.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    I main a kanna and honestly, feels bad man. I'm a lvl 189 with only 16k range BUFFED. 14k without buffs. That's...honestly really BAD. If I hadn't invested so much time, effort, (and honestly some tears at being embarrassed about how weak and useless I am) I would main something else. Honestly, I think when some of my items run past their expire date, I will probably abandon it.

Yeah, you're not in too deep yet. I'd recommend getting to 200 if you can stand it, just so that you have access to 5th job (Spirits Domain and Yuki are great) and the 5% boss damage for your legion board.

I recommend anyone who is concerned about the state of Kanna post in forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16610/announcement-regarding-kannas-hakus-blessing

And maybe Nexon will eventually revert Haku to a %matk self buff.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited June 2018
    To quote bojack horseman "Everybody loves you, but nobody likes you."

Everybody loves that you can give the kish, have dank ass party shield, and two 20 second binds. But most people dont like the class.
  • TinyCarrotsTinyCarrots
    Reactions: 520
    edited June 2018
    240 kanna main here. kanna is weak thats all i can say. i only play her because of the love and attachment i have with the class. nexon did say they will listen to the community after nerfing kanna and there were many options that community has put out such as making haku blessing m att % for self buff and m att + for the party. it's been 6month+ but nexon did not address anything regarding to the class at all. they did say they will listen but they did not say they are going to do anything about it.

damage wise im a kanna with 24k stat and a other mage class with the same stat does 3x damage then i do. i understand that we are a support class but with more and more end game bosses coming out, i would like to participate more into dps than people wanting me to come just because of my bind and barrier
    ArgentTimeLost