[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bera, how is it for new players? /Reboot/MS rant

TimeLostTimeLost
Reactions: 200
edited June 2018 in General Chat
So i want to make a new a character in a different World, specifically Bera. I was wondering if Bera has something to help new players like Reboot did with the level specific Reboot Gift Boxes. (honestly wish those weren't for just 1 character, specifically the Frozen Set, since that'll be your only strongest char )
If not, then i guess I can wait til a Burning Event to start that adventure.
I'm a returning player, and I'm wondering does Tot's still give a 90 day pet (i believe) , or is it like Reboot? which is a 7 day pet (which sucks)
p.s i know you can get a free pet from Hilla, but the drop rate was lowered, and you can only do Hilla once a day, instead of 2x like before, been trying to get it for maybe 3/4 weeks so far, plus idk why but sometimes MS closes out by itself, which sucks since it costs you your daily boss count, especially if you have lots of time remaining before the crash
Does Mr.Lee have mounts you can earn for free? or is that a Reboot thing only?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Welcome back.
    Normal worlds don't have a starter gift, but sometimes Nexon gives out giftpacks for new or returning players. It's a matter of luck whether there's one being given just when you decide to log in for the first time.

Tot's pet was always just a week in all worlds.
    Mr. Lee has mounts you can get for free, yes.

Maplestory often closes by itself 1-2 minutes after changing channel. Logging in, changing char, using boss queue, going to Dimension Invasion or Commerci Union Dock, and going into or out of cash shop, auction house, or monster life, all count as changing channels. Probably a few more activities I forgot. So I recommend waiting 2 minutes after each one of these activities, before entering the boss map or starting anything else that has limited entries.
    TimeLost