[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When will the character limit be increased to 46?

ToreishiToreishi
Reactions: 3,475
edited June 2018 in General Chat
The Ark pre-creation event will start on June 20 (next Wednesday) and end on June 28 (the following Thursday), but most long-time/dedicated players are currently capped at 42 characters with no free slot.
I'm not able to use the Character Slot Expansion Coupon from the Ark Share Event or from the Ark Hot Week to increase the limit.

I would like the character limit to be increased to the aforementioned 46 slots before June 28 so that everyone would be able to participate in the Ark pre-creation event to prepare for the release of Ark.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    I'm guessing it'll be expanded on the 20th with the first part of the Ark Update, the first Part I believe is V-Care stuff. If not, I'll have to delete an unused character to pre-create ark
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited June 2018
    I'm guessing it'll be expanded on the 20th with the first part of the Ark Update, the first Part I believe is V-Care stuff. If not, I'll have to delete an unused character to pre-create ark

Hopefully your prediction is right. I can't delete any of my characters because they're all geared up and have NX equips/features on them. :(
    Taehyung
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2018
    I don't see any other reason to create every explorers. Only explorers I dont have are mage FP and DB and I have two lumis. I made a second lumi for V tracker event which is now LV204, my Lv140 one for my submain link.
    The main reason of why i don't care is because the legion only takes the top40 highest char lvs.
    If anything i can delete my lowest lv lumi.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited June 2018
    thrakkes wrote: »
    I don't see any other reason to create every explorers. Only explorers I dont have are mage FP and DB and I have two lumis. I made a second lumi for V tracker event which is now LV204, my Lv140 one for my submain link.
    The main reason of why i don't care is because the legion only takes the top40 highest char lvs.

I have never created more than 1 character of the same job before lol. Glad to hear you have a character that you could delete.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question...
    Taehyung
    edited June 2018
    According to the kms patch notes for ark-v care, yes, slots will be expanded before the release of Ark class.

"The maximum number of character slots has been increased from 42 to 43."

https://orangemushroom.net/2017/12/20/kms-ver-1-2-288-maplestory-ark-v-care/

keeping an eye on this as well cause I'm maxed characters already
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited June 2018
    Toreishi wrote: »

I have never created more than 1 character of the same job before lol. Glad to hear you have a character that you could delete.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question...

So you want create every classes and keeping them, even if you hate certain of them? I can perfectly understand it. I was just giving my opinion about creating/deleting characters. The reason why I keep certain classes is for utility each of them can contribute. Either legion grid stat/effect or link skill, of course some classes I like better than others.

As DarkPassenger just mentioned above, we are allowed to create Ark with this max character increase from 42 to 43. Because we, in GMS, have 4 non-GMS characters, Nexon NA can decide to increase it even more or not. But for now, we are following KMS. I need to count all KMS classes again, but they say they were increasing cap from 40 to 42 once because many KMS players already made their 40 chars for Legion. Then, forcing players to delete two characters to try out two new classes is not a good thing.

We already knew that GMS had more than 40 chars a long time already and with media, we have a chance to look at different class videos to examine the playstyle and such.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    @thrakkes: It has already been confirmed that GMS will be getting its character slot limit raised to 46, with or during Ark patch. So you can stop defending the "you don't need every class" viewpoint.

@Toreishi: Nexon has not yet told us exactly when the char slot limit will be raised, but I personally believe it will be on the 20th, because:
    - It's easier to implement these things to happen with the patch, rather than timed-unlock later;
    - Nexon knows many of us are already capped and could not make Pink Beans;
    - KMS got their cap raised in time for Ark pre-creation.

I will try to get confirmation ASAP.
    Toreishi
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited June 2018
    Can I have the link of character limit increase confirmation? I'd be highly surprised Nexon NA actually decides to increase it to 46 instead of 43.

Besides, 46 seems too much. I actually have 42 characters. I have two lumis, so 41 if i dont count my lowest one. Then two explorers I don't have at all (FP and DB), then if we add Ark, that would be 44 characters in total. 45 if we add PB, but that 45th slot should be a temporary slot specifically for PB.
    edited June 2018
    Can I have the link of character limit increase confirmation? I'd be highly surprised Nexon NA actually decides to increase it to 46 instead of 43.

Besides, 46 seems too much. I actually have 42 characters. I have two lumis, so 41 if i dont count my lowest one. Then two explorers I don't have at all (FP and DB), then if we add Ark, that would be 44 characters in total. 45 if we add PB, but that 45th slot should be a temporary slot specifically for PB.

korea only did to 43 since they don't have jett, hayato, kanna, and beast tamer. Global will be getting 46. it's been confirmed already, the question was when, and we speculate itll be in the first patch
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/31399/prepare-for-the-ark-update-with-new-events
    Character Slot Expansion Coupon: (Untradeable. 7-day duration.) Use to receive one additional character slot in the given world. Your account may hold a maximum of 46 character slots per server world. Coupon is consumed upon use.

People thought that might be a typo, but Arwoo confirmed that it's not a typo, on stream.

If you don't want to use 46 slots, that's your business. Everybody else seems to be happy about it. We have 4 classes more than KMS, so it makes sense that we would have 4 slots more than they do. 46 is only 3 more. Not excessive by any means.
    Toreishi
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    @Toreishi: Nexon has not yet told us exactly when the char slot limit will be raised, but I personally believe it will be on the 20th, because:
    - It's easier to implement these things to happen with the patch, rather than timed-unlock later;
    - Nexon knows many of us are already capped and could not make Pink Beans;
    - KMS got their cap raised in time for Ark pre-creation.

I will try to get confirmation ASAP.

Thank you so kindly, AKradian! :)

thrakkes, I do not "hate" any of the 42 characters I've created so far, and I believe Ark would be a nice addition for me from the videos of gameplay I've seen. In my opinion, I don't see the point of creating 2 characters of a certain job which has the exact same skills, giving you basically the same playing experience. You do you, and I'll continue to do as I've always done.
    Taehyung