[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Perma Bans and Things.

KishDaMapKishDaMap
Reactions: 100
in Rants and Raves
Hello Maplers,
I know recently Nexon has been more strict with bans. They're issuing perma bans even under first offense to hackers and botters. This has both a negative and positive impact on the game. Wrongfully bans can still occur. My kishin mule was banned in the recent ban wave. I was confused and after appealing a ticket, they told me that the in-game security detected it using "Mob Move Hacking" a few days ago. Sitting there confused, I submitted another request asking what they mean by Mob Move Hacking and request further investigation since all I do on the kanna is spam kishin at arcane river maps while I grind my main. They responded saying it is final and have been reviewed multiple times, sounding very generic.
Now some of you may believe my story while some probably accuse me of hacking. But coming from a legit player's perspective, having my own personal kanna mule that I spent time gearing and playing banned for spamming kishin is a huge motivation killer for legit players and actually a motivation booster for botters and hackers. Why? because botters don't really care if a couple of their accounts get banned. But as legit players, our investments lie in our characters and mules.
Now it doesn't really matter what I say, I don't think I will be getting my Kanna back. I personally know it was a wrongful ban but I have no methods of convincing Nexon of it so. Regardless, I thank nexon for their increased security with botters and hackers; however, punishments should be changed and give players the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for tuning in.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    There are two separate topics here.

One is the fact that Nexon perma bans for first offense.
    This is a good thing.
    Before, when there were temp bans first, it sent a message to people: "Go ahead and cheat, until you get caught. Then serve out a week or two ban, come back with all your levels and meso and other gains untouched, and 'go straight'."
    Now the message is clear: Don't cheat or you lose the account with everything that's in it.

The other topic is that of erroneous bans and improper investigation of appeals.
    This is indeed a bad thing. Supervisor GM Cheezpuff promised in his heartfelt web post that every appeal will be given its due process, but I'm seeing many reports of people who claim that was not the case for them. It's possible they're all lying, of course. I have no way of knowing.

Regardless, I do not think that "giving players a second chance" is the solution to false bans.
    If there's anything wrong with the auto-ban detection, that's incorrectly flagging Kishin mules as doing mob vacs, then it will trigger again on your Kanna and you'll have lost your second chance. Meanwhile, an actual hacker will know exactly what triggered their ban, and will be careful not to do the same thing again. So, real cheaters will benefit a lot more from "second chances" and "benefit of the doubt" than innocent players. In my estimation.
    Halehcarmenpop22