[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My playstyle and feedback to match that

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, I would be happy knowing that this will be reviewed.
So, I usually only play when there is a Burning Project event, because it saves a lot of time and I get to touch much more new stuff playing a new class,
I try my best, meaning play a lot more often, to level up to the Burning cap, then I literally stop/ close Maplestory right there, for the most obvious reason,
because everything gets slow from that point on again (mindless grinding or desperately looking for ppl to pq with). End (Playstyle summary).
Now, as for the feedback, It'd be nice to be reminded, after taking a 6-month or longer hiatus due to missing Burning, what to do next.
I mean, imagine you log in after 6 months and stare at your level 152 character, I'd only have "lets try again those cool skills" in my mind,
but I wouldn't have "Alright! Time to do xxx/ xxx pq/ go to map xxx to grind xxx" mindset as I stare at my character after a 6-month hiatus. It's just... empty.

It'd be nice if a screen can pop up saying,
"XXX is what's popular for players around your level or what they are doing right now" or
"Welcome Back! For level 150 players, you can try these boss runs/ pq/ grinding maps for leveling/ fun/ exploring new things"
or something like those, that would... trigger some memories to "connect" with or "revive" the old mindset 6 months ago when I closed the screen at lvl 152.

Sorry, I do understand this can sound a bit depressing or disappointing for some MS developers or MS game designers,
but it is my own, personal playstyle with MS, hopefully it is still something MS likes to know, about how its players think and what they are doing.

Thanks.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    The Maple Guide (default key 'U') is there for exactly that: telling you what there is to do at your level.
    SlicedTime