[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Aran stuck - Can't get 5th Job (EDITED)

GaelaniGaelani
Reactions: 605
edited December 2018 in General Chat
I am unable to reach the Goddess within Henesys to make 5th job. When I enter the Bowman Instruction School it is "Bowman Instructional School in Danger" which has a robed figure ??? and when I kill him he drops 'Old Letter' a letter that Athena Pierce held onto for a long time. From what I can find online it says I am to bring this letter to Tru, but Tru doesn't take it when I go to him. I may have very well completed this quest line already as I have done all of Tru's Information Dealer quests. I also have completed all the Aran quests that I can find except for the Adolescent Wolf, which I cannot complete bc Pucci is not showing up. I've also read that this is for the Will of the Alliance skill, but I've completed the continental conference to form the Alliance (but I do not have the Skill of the Alliance).

So, what do I do with this letter in order to get rid of the ??? figure in the School in Danger map in order to clear it so I can reach the goddess?

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2018
    Gaelani wrote: »
    I am unable to reach the Goddess within Henesys to make 5th job. When I enter the Bowman Instruction School it is "Bowman Instructional School in Danger" which has a robed figure ??? and when I kill him he drops a piece of paper that I cannot pick up. I have exhaustively searched the net to try to figure out where I'm stuck. I saw posts saying that you have to complete the Explorer quests, but I'm an Aran. So I thought, okay, I'll try completing the Aran quests. I am currently stuck on "Information Dealer's Request 3" because I cannot find Sapphire Camel Boots. I have tried to find out what drops them, but there is conflicting information online and in game. So far I've tried King Bloctopus, Lucida and Homunculus with 2x drop extensively and have not found them.

So, two questions:
    1. What questline am I stuck on in order to get rid of the ??? figure in the School in Danger map in order to clear it so I can reach the goddess?
    2. If I'm needing to go through the Aran 'profession' quests, what should I hunt to find the Sapphire Camel Boots?

Thank you for any help!

here the thing I think aran is half or part explorer cause dont forget that rein is part of Victoria island. its just a lower colder continent. Also similar to what I told my guildie you have to keep track of your quest and follow it. if your glitched in the quest forfeit it and restart the game. Then keep track in your quest tab and redo the quest. if you need help or picture help I can send on discord. Im on ms2 so you maybe find me there if im not on maple design or animating. gl and hope all works out.

RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)
  • GaelaniGaelani
    Reactions: 605
    edited December 2018
    Well, I don't have any explorer quests, and I've done all Aran quests in the list except the Adolescent Wolf mount. I can't do that one bc the quest description says that Pucci will be in Dangerous Forest, but he isn't. I can't find anything in the lightbulb quests that would be relevant. I am just stuck at needing to clear that map in order to reach the Maple Goddess. I've read somewhere that it's "for a quest involving getting the Will of the Alliance skill"? Is that related to the new [Black Mage] Alliance quests?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Have you tried doing that alliance quest? The one that gives you the will of the alliance passive or whatever. Also gives you the "member of the maple alliance" medal.

I'm not sure if it is required, but it seems to come up somewhat often when people are stuck.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Blocktopus probably wouldn't drop the boots because of level range changes.

You could craft the boots with smithing. You'll need:
    • 2 Steel Plates (harvest Blue Veins in Ardentmill for Steel Ore; you'll need 3 ores per plate for a total of 6 ores)
    • 1 Basic Abrasive (can be bought from NPC Nack in Ardentmill)
    • 2 Basic Item Crystals (can be obtained by extracting low level equipment, simply purchase some items from a low-level gear merchant like General Mau and use the extraction skill in your professions tab)