[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

What is the last day to rank up alliance?

MintyzMintyz
Reactions: 200
Post: 1
Member
in General Chat
I saw on reddit someone said we have until January 22nd, and then the ranks disappear. Does that mean after the reset to Jan 22nd, we can still rank up, or on server reset from the 21st to the 22nd, ranks will disappear, making the 21st the last day to rank up. I'm only wondering because I need to rank up everyday for 9 days and I've ranked up today. If I have up until and including the 22nd, I can make Legend IV (Guardian III currently, but between two Kanna alts I'll be able to cap determ pretty easy and get enough coins). If not, I'll be 1 day short.

Comments

  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 1,225
    Posts: 60
    Administrator, Moderator, Nexon
    edited January 15
    Hello!
    The last day to increase your Alliance Rank would be January 22nd.
    You will not be able to rank up from January 23rd 00:00 UTC.
    YinYangXchaoscauser
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,410
    Posts: 2,629
    Member
    edited January 15
    You have 6-7 days to gather 8000 and some change medals to go from 1st to legend 4
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 10,470
    Posts: 1,872
    Member
    edited January 15
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!
    The last day to increase your Alliance Rank would be January 22nd.
    You will not be able to rank up from January 23rd 00:00 UTC.

    While you're here, when does all the alliance mess end? The shop and the skills and such
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 3,450
    Posts: 488
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 17
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!
    The last day to increase your Alliance Rank would be January 22nd.
    You will not be able to rank up from January 23rd 00:00 UTC.

    While you're here, when does all the alliance mess end? The shop and the skills and such

    Alliance skills will go when maintenance is completed on Jan 23rd.
    YinYangX
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,220
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited January 18
    Bleh, been away for a week so I'm probably not going to make Legend IV. Although I have no idea if that means I even miss out on anything.

    Not really sure what to do with the Alliance coins I've got TBH.
    I presume most of the stuff is time limited, so item enhancement stuff isn't useful when I don't have anything good to enhance.
    Growth Potions seem a bit pointless. Gaining levels doesn't seem hard anymore. (Unless it goes oldschool after 200ish.)
    Trait Boost Potions or Flying Fish Mounts maybe?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 10,470
    Posts: 1,872
    Member
    edited January 18
    You could drop your coins on symbols and nodes. The labyrinth boxes especially.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,220
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited January 18
    Are they going to have time limits on usage? I might have used some old alts to get the Alliance ranks, so they have coins but are nowhere near 5th job... >_>

    Also, I've either missed it, or it was back when the event started, but it would be good to have a clear notification in the launcher news about when the ranks and shop closes.
    The v.202 update preview doesn't give a start date, or indicate what will finish when that update goes in.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 10,470
    Posts: 1,872
    Member
    edited January 18
    HousePet wrote: »
    Are they going to have time limits on usage? I might have used some old alts to get the Alliance ranks, so they have coins but are nowhere near 5th job... >_>

    Also, I've either missed it, or it was back when the event started, but it would be good to have a clear notification in the launcher news about when the ranks and shop closes.
    The v.202 update preview doesn't give a start date, or indicate what will finish when that update goes in.

    I welcome you to read the thread a little more carefully:
    Okhura wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!
    The last day to increase your Alliance Rank would be January 22nd.
    You will not be able to rank up from January 23rd 00:00 UTC
    .

    While you're here, when does all the alliance mess end? The shop and the skills and such

    Alliance skills will go when maintenance is completed on Jan 23rd.

  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,220
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited January 19
    People shouldn't be reading a random forum post to find that out. (Assuming you meant the bit about the event finish date notification, not the "Are the nodestones and symbol selectors time limited" question. Quoting the whole post makes it unclear what you are responding to...)
    There is actually something in game though, I forgot it was there, and its not very clear.
    The game says the Alliance Shop closes on the 30th.
    So are their going to be two lots of maintenance, one that removes the ability to gain ranks and skills, and then one that removes the shop?
    Or is one of these wrong?
    YinYangX
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 35,355
    Posts: 5,187
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited January 19
    HousePet wrote: »
    People shouldn't be reading a random forum post to find that out. (Assuming you meant the bit about the event finish date notification, not the "Are the nodestones and symbol selectors time limited" question. Quoting the whole post makes it unclear what you are responding to...)
    There is actually something in game though, I forgot it was there, and its not very clear.
    The game says the Alliance Shop closes on the 30th.
    So are their going to be two lots of maintenance, one that removes the ability to gain ranks and skills, and then one that removes the shop?
    Or is one of these wrong?

    There is a maintenance every week.
    Events and content also get enabled or disabled on specific dates, without need for maintenance.
    The ability to rank up will be disabled January 22, 23:59 UTC.
    The Alliance skills will be gone with the game update to v202, on January 23.
    A new way to collect Alliance Medals for the shop will be introduced with this same game update, the "Maple World Energy."
    The shop itself will last at least until January 30th.

    And I agree with you that people shouldn't have to read obscure forum posts to find out this information.
    YinYangX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 10,470
    Posts: 1,872
    Member
    edited January 19
    AKradian wrote: »
    And I agree with you that people shouldn't have to read obscure forum posts to find out this information.

    I agree too, but if the information someone is lamenting they can't find is within the thread wherein they're lamenting, then yes reading the thread is a pertinent thing one ought to do.
    HHG1
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,220
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited January 19
    I didn't lament that I couldn't find it. I was just pointing out that it would be better to broadcast the info.

    Also, the answer given in this thread didn't answer someone else's question about when the shop closed, or it implied an incorrect date.