[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PQ's and Bosses in game done with 3+

InovamedInovamed
Reactions: 675
edited March 2019 in General Chat
Is there still some boss or pq that people still do together? I havent found anything like that.
I noticed all bosses are solo'd, and PQ's are almost always empty without any people doing them. I'm not sure if PQ's can be entered with just 1 person, but even if so it'd be pretty boring.
What PQ or Boss in the game does people usually do with a party of 3+? If such thing exists at all?
If yes I'd like to know the name of that PQ or Boss, and how to get there.
Thanks
    No results for this poll

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Most PQs still require multiple players. People don't often do them, because the rewards (EXP or items) are not worth the time.
    PQs that are still run are:
    - Commerci Union
    - Hungry Muto (this one can be solo'ed, but many still party for it)
    - Crossworld PQ
    - Kenta in Danger

As for bosses, I believe all boss fights can be entered alone. People do party up for the harder bosses, though: Hard Lotus, Hard Damien, Hard Lucid, Hard Will, Verus Hilla, and Black Mage. And some party for the normal versions of Lotus, Damien, Lucid, and Will, as well.
    Many guilds do daily contribution parties for Zakum and Root Abyss, as well as carry parties for Chaos Root Abyss, Hard Magnus, and Hell Gollux.
  • InovamedInovamed
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Most PQs still require multiple players. People don't often do them, because the rewards (EXP or items) are not worth the time.
    - Commerci Union
    - Crossworld PQ
    - Kenta in Danger

As for bosses, I believe all boss fights can be entered alone. People do party up for the harder bosses, though: Hard Lotus, Hard Damien, Hard Lucid, Hard Will, Verus Hilla, and Black Mage. And some party for the normal versions of Lotus, Damien, Lucid, and Will, as well.
    Many guilds do daily contribution parties for Zakum and Root Abyss, as well as carry parties for Chaos Root Abyss, Hard Magnus, and Hell Gollux.
    I see. If I might ask, because it makes me kinda curious. Why isn't Nexon making some changes to PQ's to make them "worth the time" as you say?
    When I think about it, its not even a difficult thing to do either. Just improve the rewards, promote the PQ and make a website notice, and everyone will start doing that PQ.
    The game is a lot more boring when you can't do PQ's, because the PQ rewards sucks.
    I mean, are you unable to contact Nexon about it and tell them? And they aren't reading forums to see player suggestions?
    It's a legitimate request.
    Also, how about making some bosses more challenging to encourage fighting them in a party of more than just 1 player?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Inovamed wrote: »
    - Commerci Union
    - Crossworld PQ
    - Kenta in Danger

I see. If I might ask, because it makes me kinda curious. Why isn't Nexon making some changes to PQ's to make them "worth the time" as you say?
    When I think about it, its not even a difficult thing to do either. Just improve the rewards, promote the PQ and make a website notice, and everyone will start doing that PQ.
    The game is a lot more boring when you can't do PQ's, because the PQ rewards sucks.
    I mean, are you unable to contact Nexon about it and tell them? And they aren't reading forums to see player suggestions?
    Also, how about making some bosses more challenging to encourage fighting them in a party of more than just 1 player?

Nexon is aware that players want better PQs and party play in general.
    Nexon is also aware that many players actually prefer to not depend on others for their daily gameplay and optimal progression.
    It is difficult to balance PQs so that the rewards are worth it but not overpowered. And Nexon Korea also seems (in my personal opinion) to have a deep seated hatred of leeches and carries, which means they don't want to improve PQ rewards without also making PQs complex enough that everyone in the party must take an active part - which is a redesign that takes time.

As for bosses: as I said, people do party up for the harder bosses. The bosses that used to be endgame way back when, like Zakum, Horntail, Pink Bean, or Cygnus, are now intended to be stepping-stones in early progression. Chaos Zakum got revamped to be harder - but instead of people partying to defeat it, they just stopped doing it until they're strong enough to quickly solo. As I said above, most of the people still playing the game prefer to not depend on others on a day-to-day basis.
    InovamedSlicedTime
  • InovamedInovamed
    edited March 2019
    - Commerci Union
    - Crossworld PQ
    - Kenta in Danger

Nexon is aware that players want better PQs and party play in general.
    Nexon is also aware that many players actually prefer to not depend on others for their daily gameplay and optimal progression.
    It is difficult to balance PQs so that the rewards are worth it but not overpowered. And Nexon Korea also seems (in my personal opinion) to have a deep seated hatred of leeches and carries, which means they don't want to improve PQ rewards without also making PQs complex enough that everyone in the party must take an active part - which is a redesign that takes time.

As for bosses: as I said, people do party up for the harder bosses. The bosses that used to be endgame way back when, like Zakum, Horntail, Pink Bean, or Cygnus, are now intended to be stepping-stones in early progression. Chaos Zakum got revamped to be harder - but instead of people partying to defeat it, they just stopped doing it until they're strong enough to quickly solo. As I said above, most of the people still playing the game prefer to not depend on others on a day-to-day basis.
    From what you're saying, to me it sounds like the company is making the wrong decisions and considerations towards how to deal with the problem of players not doing PQ's and the bad system.
    If they're aware, and still refuse to make the legitimate changes I stated, changes which I'd believe I'm not the first player in the world to suggest them - then, it's just pretty sad and stupid to be honest. But maybe, Nexon isn't the problem necessarily, or not the "biggest" problem of this.
    Maybe just players are becoming more and more anti-social, or just prefer to do things alone - but maybe players are becoming like that, because of the discouragement of bad PQ rewards, bosses being too easy, etc.?
    I can't think of a 100% fair and legitimate solution, but I still think Nexon can do a few things about this that they aren't doing. And from what you're saying basically, no matter what players like me would suggest on the forums, Nexon won't listen to the players?
    darik
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    - snip-

And from what you're saying basically, no matter what players like me would suggest on the forums, Nexon won't listen to the players?

Nexon is always listening, but rarely gives the players what they ask for.
    All we can do as players is continue to present our ideas and requests and hope that something will eventually convince them.
    Inovamed
  • InovamedInovamed
    edited March 2019
    - snip-

And from what you're saying basically, no matter what players like me would suggest on the forums, Nexon won't listen to the players?

Nexon is always listening, but rarely gives the players what they ask for.
    All we can do as players is continue to present our ideas and requests and hope that something will eventually convince them.
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for being honest with me about this.
    Oh by the way - I thought you are part of Nexon, not a normal player. Because you're a forum mod. But, I guess I was wrong then.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Oh by the way - I thought you are part of Nexon, not a normal player. Because you're a forum mod. But, I guess I was wrong then.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/18674/not-frequently-enough-asked-questions
    Item #9 (but the rest of it is an interesting read too)
    Inovamed